Player Watch Rising Star 2022 Discussion

Who wins the 2022 Rising Star?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After reading how great the Hawthorn players were all summer you must be stoked they have made it to 13th on the ladder.

I was hoping for 12th, but having only one game against Geelong killed that dream.

On topic, it is an unusually high quality year this year. There are probably at least 3 or 4 players who would have romped in for the rising star some other years. A pity Daicos is so far out in front, would have made for an interesting vote otherwise.

The truly wise among us cashed out on Newc when he was a clear favourite, not fussed who wins it now.

Although I will say, Nic Martin has quietly put together a good few weeks recently. It's good to see a year where there's quite a few kids that deserve the win, instead of either a foregone conclusion or 2 stand outs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The truly wise among us cashed out on Newc when he was a clear favourite, not fussed who wins it now.

Although I will say, Nic Martin has quietly put together a good few weeks recently. It's good to see a year where there's quite a few kids that deserve the win, instead of either a foregone conclusion or 2 stand outs.

The truly wise don't give their money away to sports betting companies.

I'll try harder mate - Daicos is a soft outside receiver and of course SDK looks good in amongst the dad's army. He's the only one without a zimmer frame.
This is just a practice year for Daics, Pies don't want him getting beaten up like Rowell so gave him a holiday in the back half

This is just a practice year for Daics, Pies don't want him getting beaten up like Rowell so gave him a holiday in the back half

Yeah he's going to be a really smooth mover through the midfield IMO.

I think ironically Newcombe and Daicos would make for a very complimentary midfield duo.

Yeah he's going to be a really smooth mover through the midfield IMO.

I think ironically Newcombe and Daicos would make for a very complimentary midfield duo.
Those two in the midfield would literally take the ******* piss 😂😂

The truly wise don't give their money away to sports betting companies.
I have made one bet on sportsbet. Newcombe at 41 dollars cashed out at odds of 14-1.... Fail to see how that is giving money to Sportsbetting companies. That's called exploiting an opportunity in a market. Buy low, sell high... Etc etc

I have made one bet on sportsbet. Newcombe at 41 dollars cashed out at odds of 14-1.... Fail to see how that is giving money to Sportsbetting companies. That's called exploiting an opportunity in a market. Buy low, sell high... Etc etc

It's called gambling. If you made only one bet, good for you.

Everyone who posts about their betting apparently always wins, by the way :think:

Exactly, I never take a punt but Newcombe's pre-season odds made it like taking candy from a baby. Sanctimonious anti-betting people are just as bad as the vehemently pro-betting.

Back