Player Watch Rising Star 2022 Discussion

Who wins the 2022 Rising Star?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ash Johnson doesn't qualify as he's already 24, but 10 goals in your first 4 games is not too shabby.
Johnson, Carmichael and Noble. Pies have done well from their recent mid-season drafts.

Some of Daicos' kicks tonight were bloody outrageous.

His ability to spear a 30m pass into trafiic reminded me of a Jarman. A first year player splitting defenders at CHB in a massive game was incredible.

The other thing thats over looked is his workmate. He often starts the rebound from D50 and find the ball again in the chain up the ground.

I think Elijah Hollands will get it this week. 23 disposals + 2 goals.

Won't happen but I thought Finn Maginess deserves the nom based on the games played so far. Has been impressive as a shut down midfielder the last month and smashed Miller who is arguably the best midfielder in the comp today. Was equal BOG for mine with Gunston.

Not as sexy of a statline as Hollands.

Won't happen but I thought Finn Maginess deserves the nom based on the games played so far. Has been impressive as a shut down midfielder the last month and smashed Miller who is arguably the best midfielder in the comp today. Was equal BOG for mine with Gunston.

Not as sexy of a statline as Hollands.
He had a good game but he wasn’t equal BOG blokes like Newcombe who was great, Ward & Moore were up there with Gunston who they all fed.

Although Finn was good 👍

He had a good game but he wasn’t equal BOG blokes like Newcombe who was great, Ward & Moore were up there with Gunston who they all fed.

Although Finn was good 👍

Miller gets his usual 30 and 400+ MG and we lose that game 100%. Would not be surprised at all to see Finn getting some votes in the coaches votes this week.

Miller gets his usual 30 and 400+ MG and we lose that game 100%. Would not be surprised at all to see Finn getting some votes in the coaches votes this week.
Oh yeah for sure. But the others I mentioned would too.

Hollands individual performance will put him in good stead to win the nom this week.

Finn had a great game and was a big reason we won the game, but stats > impact. Its hard to win a nomination playing a shut down tagging role even if you are keeping the best to quiet games. Would rather he play his role well and help us get the Ws than him get a nomination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SDK gets another scalp. Max King 1 goal. Is Max any good? Just wondering if there are any better forwards in the comp as SDK is looking for a challenge.

I’m worried he will do an Ash Barty at the end of the year and retire as nothing more to achieve as key position defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDK gets another scalp. Max King 1 goal. Is Max any good? Just wondering if there are any better forwards in the comp as SDK is looking for a challenge.

I’m worried he will do an Ash Barty at the end of the year and retire as nothing more to achieve as key position defender.

Easter Monday next year, Mitch Lewis.

Try let him not kick 3 and win the game and then SDK can retire.

Max got 2 goals on a guy we selected in the mid season draft this year.

I dont think he is that big a scalp.

He'll be hoping he doesn't have to come up against lynch again come finals.

Drop him to the VFL and see if he can keep Jack "Plugger" Madgen quiet. :tearsofjoy:

Back