AFL Rising Star award

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan will be better, but Cripps had a better season.

Im not denying Cripps had a good year, he was just unlucky, probably wins it any other year. The next time a KPF rising star nom puts up Hogans numbers be sure to let me know.

Hogan will be better, but Cripps had a better season.

Wat.jpg

That's like 100% the definition of the Bont getting beat by Taylor. Bont had what? 4? good games in the last half the season? Anyone could see he would be anything but Taylor had a far superior 22 game season.

As for Hogan he had a far better season.

I took K Langford (add that to homer picks) and Steele $51 with TAB. Langford was pretty disappointing, thought he'd progressed further than he has based on Saturday's performance. Basics look good but doubt he can get enough of it this year so maybe avoid.

Hopefully Steele has a good run at it, thought he was good last year, especially without the vest so that should work in his favour so I still like him at the price.

Scrolled through three pages to see who David King thought was going to win.

for what its worth, thought tom phillips (colingwood) might have been slight overs at $151, seems the type who can catch the eye. a few in that market look awfully short, though.

Ive told my subs to get on a 101/41 place chance.

Its going to be hard to beat the Parish, Weitering, Oliver, Mills (4) though. Petracca the wild card if he can really storm home he might win it.

Is Connor Menadue a decent smokey at $101?

Parish is still 10-1, and strangely, still not noted as the round 2 nominee on Sportsbet. He's in to 6-1 elsewhere. He'll come in further once they amend the oversight. Menadue was a good bet at 101-1. I got on too. He's into 67-1 now. Sicily and Papley have come in since the weekend, but still good odds, both currently showing 26-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Oliver is the man to beat. Didnt he have 17 CP in his first game? Parish had 2 good ganes not far behind. Im a bit suprised at Mills slowish start TBH.

On Oliver at 15s for the win and Menadue $41 for the place so hopefully one of them can do something

Any reason I shouldn't put money on Darcy Byrne Jones at 33:1 other then being a 20 year old which seems to count against them? And probably being a HBF too.

Not overly strong competition this year and #1 for SC avg across rising stars, super clean below his knees and a lock in our 22 now.

Should get a nom this week or next I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back