Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Great season. The improvement week by week has been tangible. Deserves to be in the top 5 for rising star.

Walsh is the obvious winner. Performed amazingly in an average midfield for whole season from round 1. Would have to go down as the best debut season of all time.

Getting a lot of the ball = influence. Will never understand this argument.

Guys like Walsh are easier to find than guys like rozee.

It’s why I’m fine to overpay for someone like martin, papley etc.

Forward half class is the hardest commodity to find. It used to be key forwards. Not any more in my view.

Take this with a grain of salt but a mate of mine who went to school with him reckons he will be at Hawthorn by the end of 2020.
Just something has my senses tingling regarding Smith. Walsh and Rozee have signed contract extensions. Why not Smith? Clearly he's in our best 22.

Until we get something done, i'll be weary.

Just something has my senses tingling regarding Smith. Walsh and Rozee have signed contract extensions. Why not Smith? Clearly he's in our best 22.

Until we get something done, i'll be weary.
Yea Smith and Dale the two we need to lock in. Can't see a reason he wouldnt want to sign?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like there’s a top tier of Walsh, Rozee, Stack, and Smith, then there’s a second gun tier of Blakey, Clark, Thomas, King, Duursma. Interestingly, of last year’s top 10, two haven’t played, six have been nominated for Rising Star, and Lukosius and Jones are the only ones who’ve played and not been nominated. I hope Lukosius grows into himself.

I feel like there’s a top tier of Walsh, Rozee, Stack, and Smith, then there’s a second gun tier of Blakey, Clark, Thomas, King, Duursma. Interestingly, of last year’s top 10, two haven’t played, six have been nominated for Rising Star, and Lukosius and Jones are the only ones who’ve played and not been nominated. I hope Lukosius grows into himself.
Blakey and King belong in the first group on talent, take out Stack. He's a pure highlights player, a good one at that, but the only awards he will ever win are Mark or Goal of the Year.

Lets just agree to celebrate that Smith is part of an exceptional draft group that we can rejoice in watching grow and entertain like the Franklin, Griffen, Deledio, Roughead, Lewis group or Judd/Hodge/Ball triumvirate. Bont ( and most of the above) has already shown missing a Rising Star award has very little impact on your future performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blakey and King belong in the first group on talent, take out Stack. He's a pure highlights player, a good one at that, but the only awards he will ever win are Mark or Goal of the Year.

Yeah I agree in terms of talent and future potential. The first group is the one I think is the group in the running for Rising Star and more hype.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back