Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

barely a month away in age from being eligible for this year’s draft and he already had a 23 game AFL season with 400 disposals, 90 tackles, 60 clearances, 11 goals and 15 goal assists.

What does a season with following proper pre-season and an extra year of growth look like for him?

I can’t separate Smith, Naughton and English in terms of who has the most exciting prospects for improvement next year.

barely a month away in age from being eligible for this year’s draft and he already had a 23 game AFL season with 400 disposals, 90 tackles, 60 clearances, 11 goals and 15 goal assists.

What does a season with following proper pre-season and an extra year of growth look like for him?

I can’t separate Smith, Naughton and English in terms of who has the most exciting prospects for improvement next year.

Hopefully he can develop into that goal kicking direct playing wingman we need.

He would've gone to Gold Coast in the first two picks this year if he were a month younger. We instead got him for Pick 7 last year. The kid realistically should've been a good shot at the rising star this year (although I can understand having Walsh and Rozee higher) and didn't even get a proper preseason. Can't wait to see what he does next year

I think the fitness demands catch most draftees out, but with Smith we had to tell him not to train so much

And chill with the diet. His Instagram story at the moment is a shopping trolley with chicken breasts, spinach, egg whites, raspberries, sugar free tomato sauce, and a shitload of popcorn.

And chill with the diet. His Instagram story at the moment is a shopping trolley with chicken breasts, spinach, egg whites, raspberries, sugar free tomato sauce, and a shitload of popcorn.
Sounds like he is going to be making the world's worst pavlova.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not say this lightly...

Us getting Bailey is gonna go down similar to Geelong getting Selwood. Slide cos of injuries but I have no issue in saying he’s gonna be this clubs superstar for 300 games.

I genuinely believe he can overtake Bont as our best player.

Bont Smith Macrae Dunkley. What a Fab four. Liber Hunter Lipinski are pretty good too...

I think he's very much achieving his goal. (this will change after the othe teams have their matches but he's really holding his own)

1593098823966.png

Last edited:
We effectively have three Number 1‘s and one Number 2 draft pick on our list going on exposed form.

Smith is arguably the best player from his draft class. I’m convinced he is better than Walsh and Rozee now and he still improves every game.

Naughton is the best player from his draft class.

Bont is the best player from his draft class.

Macrae is arguably the 2nd best player from his draft class (Grundy better and edging Whitfield)

We effectively have three Number 1‘s and one Number 2 draft pick on our list going on exposed form.

Smith is arguably the best player from his draft class. I’m convinced he is better than Walsh and Rozee now and he still improves every game.

Naughton is the best player from his draft class.

Bont is the best player from his draft class.

Macrae is arguably the 2nd best player from his draft class (Grundy better and edging Whitfield)

I think we are due for another number one pick.

oh wait we get one this year too 😜

Remember going to bed draft night feeling a little annoyed.
had my heart set on either Ben King or Rozee , both great gets !

What would I know , our boy is a bloody gun .

I think we all had a little chuckle when we heard that Bailey calls himself Baz when he was drafted. Now we all call him baz. And he plays tough, physical footy just like a Baz should. It’s a credit to him. Never thought that nickname would have stuck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back