Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

An intense, inside/outside, elite ball winning, endurance beast with a burst of speed and very good foot skills, that more than one draft pundit had as at least equal to Sam Walsh when it came to a discussion as to the best mid in the draft pool.

You definitely like this.

While I wanted one of Rankine or Rozee at the end of the day happy with him. He does have a lot of Cotchin-esque qualities (professionalism and maturity being probably the two most important).

Roarke Smith is the worst player on our list now that Honeychurch has gone.

What’s wrong with what I’ve said?

If that's the case and Roarke is our worst player on our list I'm stoked, as this means we have a bloody good list.

Roarke is 22 years old, hasn't played a dozen games yet and he's missed more footy than his played via knee injuries. Needs a full pre season and luck with injuries and I think he will be more than ok.

Wasnt my first choice but I think I'll grow to like him pretty quickly. Highlights vid on dogs site was very nice. One thing I do love is that he does everything at 100% on field. Hits the contest hard, sticks his tackles hard, never stops spreading and running. I see maybe just a little later years Ryan Griffen in his game. Midfield is going to be absolutely stacked adding him and West.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not objectively true. The fact that he gets picked ahead of others shows that the coaching staff don't agree with this. I personally think he is solid depth.

Agreed. Roarke is clearly ahead of Porter at the moment for instance.

Absolutely ecstatic we picked him up. Well before the season ended I decided he is the guy I hope our club gets, not once did I even consider changing my mind for any other player. Has many attributes that will compliment the team well, including covering some weaknesses our midfield have, despite some thinking our midfield is one of the best as it is. His effort both on and off the field is top notch and you couldn't ask for a more dedicated individual to be a part of our ranks. Hopefully at least a 12 year career and a few premierships a long the way.

Also when is the club going to release a calendar? We've seem to picked up a few decent looking blokes in the past few drafts.

I went into panic mode when the TRADE sign flashed up whilst our pick was pending. Thought we were going to drop back and end up missing out by a team drafting up and taking him from under our nose.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...-************-knightmare-first-round-analysis

For those that are underwhelmed we didnt didnt trade down and run the risk of missing smith have a read of this article.
Clearly getting smith at 7 was a bargain in knightmares eyes.
We all want more and got excited at the thought of landing smith and another player prior to west. Roll back to the end of the season when we had pick 7 and were looking at missing on the super 7 (including blakey). We would have been ecstatic to land smith.
I think we should all be excited, there aren't many draftees that come with all of the tools required to become elite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back