Rising Star - who’s going to win it?

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean if we're talking about big guys then Luke Jackson is the tall you're after, Cox hasn't been better than him.
If you check out their season comparison it’s actually incredibly similar for both in most key categories.

I still think in terms of consistent impact on game that Tom Green should be favourite.

Cox on the left, Jackson on the right.

1623022869244.png

Last edited:
Bookies have the odds correct. Flip a coin between Cox and Green, with Sholl, Warner, Jordon and Jackson close behind.

Duds like Serong, Walsh, McGrath, Mills, Hogan, Hannebery, Talia, Heppell, Rich and Selwood yeah.
Serong- looks good but too early, Walsh- gun, McGrath- great but mcCluggage better, Mills is decent- no star, Hogan- lol, Hannebery- has done nothung for 5 years, Talia- as per Hannebery, Heppell- ask dons fans- he is a good ordinary player, Rich- satgnated for years and only come good in last year or so- Slewood is a star.
Rhys Palmer, Danyle Pearce, Lewis Taylor...

What's more realistic, Essendon supporters & an entire industry built on correctly predicting what happens are both completely wrong, or, you're wrong?
Explain why Cox should be a chance given he doesn't have the consistent impact that a lot of the other players do? From my team alone there's 3 players that are better and more consistent while being integral parts to winning in Jackson, Rivers and Jordon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain why Cox should be a chance given he doesn't have the consistent impact that a lot of the other players do? From my team alone there's 3 players that are better and more consistent while being integral parts to winning in Jackson, Rivers and Jordon.

Don't be rational.

200cm wingman is the answer to everything. Inconsistency doesn't matter apparently.

I just posted above the stat comparison of Jackson to Cox this season alone, disregarding this is Jacksons second. You can puff your chest out and exclaim all Essendon fans have confirmation bias with Cox but there is absolutely nothing in those stats to suggest that Jackson is better and more consistent than Cox. Absolute rubbish. As for the others, yes they are performing strongly in the top of the ladder team in very different roles to Cox. He has been very consistent in his output week on week, again not all disposals are created equal.

If you check out their season comparison it’s actually incredibly similar for both in most key categories.

I still think in terms of consistent impact on game that Tom Green should be favourite.

Cox on the left, Jackson on the right.

View attachment 1148988
So what you're saying is that a wingman in Cox is getting similar stats to a forward/ruck?

And you're claiming that as a good thing for Cox?

As a winger, Cox barely gets more of the ball than a forward in Georgiadies. And Cox is the favourite while Georgiadies has to kick 40 goals to win it?

I was absolutely shocked to here that this weekends game against Richmond was the first time that Cox has broken 20 possessions in a match. The amount of rubbish I've seen about him having a great year, and he hadn't even broken 20 possessions in a match.

Rivers for me. Rarely beaten from what I've seen.

Cox should be disqualified based on his s**t haircut alone, a merkin with shaved sides is not a good look.

But surprised at the Powell noms, he has probably been our best kid, but he's no chance to win playing in a team with an average losing margin of 50 points.

Rhys Palmer?

Oh, right, mention him would confirm the Rising Star is a joke.
So the fact that three or four players have turned out to be busts confirms the fact that the award is a joke, in spite of the fact that the majority of winners have turned out to be stars, premiership players, or at least very good players who've still managed to pull off an AA season or similar at least once.

Serong- looks good but too early, Walsh- gun, McGrath- great but mcCluggage better, Mills is decent- no star, Hogan- lol, Hannebery- has done nothung for 5 years, Talia- as per Hannebery, Heppell- ask dons fans- he is a good ordinary player, Rich- satgnated for years and only come good in last year or so- Slewood is a star.
Rhys Palmer, Danyle Pearce, Lewis Taylor...
Hanneberry and Talia are both multiple AAs. McCluggage being better than McGrath isn't even a relevant argument. The award isn't given as a prediction of which player is going to be the best from the field, it's just meant to acknowledge talent. Rich hasn't stagnated, he's always been an extremely good player in a mostly rubbish side even if he hasn't been as good as he is now. Genuinely moronic to think this means the award is worth nothing. There's actually nothing wrong with being a 'good ordinary' player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back