Cody Weightman (WB)
Trent Rivers (Mel)

Other likely nominees:
Nik Cox (ESS)
Tom Powell (North)
Dev Robertson (Bris)

Sure there’s plenty more likely too.

Who wins it?

My three faves in order are Tom Green, Luke Jackson and Tom Powell, with Trent Rivers a dark horse.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Think it’s wide open and a big performance in the second half of the year could snag it.

Which has me thinking Rowell is still a reasonable chance.

Georgiadies is good chance to kick 40 goals which’d put him up there.

I’d have Powell and Green as the two leaders atm.

i don't think think powell's going to get a nomination unless he has a game where he gets it 30 times and kicks a couple of goals, you don't get nominated for a body of work unfortunately
You do in rounds 18-22

Acinath

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Jackson IMO, but how good has this years rookies been? Some very solid players already, feel the future of the AFL is in good hands (from a players perspective anyway)

Trent Rivers is my value pick.

From a Melbourne supporters perspective this.

You'd be mad to take Jackson over Rivers right now if you've been watching closely (hint: most of the media haven't) Trent is probably one of the most slept on players in the entire comp, he's been phenomenal this year. Right now he's a better player than both Kozzy and Jackson.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Rowell has a good last half of the season he will win it irregardless of how well anyone else has played the entire year imo.
Exactly what I was thinking if he comes back gets a couple 30+games no chance nobody else will win it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not a criticism per se but a question. That the fact there is no clear standout for the Rising Star this season suggests last year's draft (and the year before) have not been so great (Least with top end talent) ?

Yes I know last year's draft was top heavy with KPF prospects (which take more time to develop naturally, which makes North's decision to take Will Phillips a bit perplexing) but honestly, I am a bit disappointed with the impact of many od the first round picks from last year's draft so far, aside from the likes of McDonald, Cox, Powell and the rest of non Academy selections).

Understand totally the Dogs patience to nurture JUH.

I kinda miss the razzle dazzle and hype of the 2018 (Sam Walsh) draft.

Not a criticism per se but a question. That the fact there is no clear standout for the Rising Star this season suggests last year's draft (and the year before) have not been so great (Least with top end talent) ?

Yes I know last year's draft was top heavy with KPF prospects (which take more time to develop naturally, which makes North's decision to take Will Phillips a bit perplexing) but honestly, I am a bit disappointed with the impact of many od the first round picks from last year's draft so far, aside from the likes of McDonald, Cox, Powell and the rest of non Academy selections).

Understand totally the Dogs patience to nurture JUH.

I kinda miss the razzle dazzle and hype of the 2018 (Sam Walsh) draft.
Most of last years draft played no football last year and are now trying too play AFL after missing 12 months

No surprises that they haven't burst on to the scene

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back