Riund 15 Lions play of the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back2Back2Back

In Fagan we trust.
Jun 1, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hipwood's goals. Notably the one with the Melbourne runner trying to put him off his shot. There was plenty of moments through the game but he just smashed open the game and lit our fire.

FLVanLandingham

Senior List
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have a feeling it was in the 4th quarter. It was ..the opposite side of the camera, from a clearance. In the pack to either mccarthy or maybe zorko. I believe the resulting play ended up in a goal.. or shot at goal. The whole excitement of it has blurred my memory now. Couldn't find it in any highlight packages.

Hopefully someone else knows.. I haven't exactly been a fount of knowledge here :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FLVanLandingham

Senior List
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Courtesy of JakePeralta, who uploaded the beauty in another thread. If you didn't see it in that thread its here for all its glory. I just want to spread this moment far and wide really :)

I've always loved moments like these in games, sometimes over the big marks or goals. Reminds me of Mccarthys sublime mark the other week. Moments that just happen naturally and effortlessly just make the games beautiful to watch.

Dlions

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Courtesy of JakePeralta, who uploaded the beauty in another thread. If you didn't see it in that thread its here for all its glory. I just want to spread this moment far and wide really :)

I've always loved moments like these in games, sometimes over the big marks or goals. Reminds me of Mccarthys sublime mark the other week. Moments that just happen naturally and effortlessly just make the games beautiful to watch.
It was a beautiful thing, really!

Lionheart182

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Can we nominate Hipwoods’ 4th and 5th goals? They came pretty close together and were so similar. Both massive team lifters.

Outside of that was Zorko’s squaring effort and Hugh’s tackle as well which I loved.

FLVanLandingham

Senior List
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This may be off topic slightly. But for Hippy's 4th goal, with that new rule, would he had been allowed to kick it with a snap, running off the line?(ie a repeat copy of his 3rd goal?)

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
This may be off topic slightly. But for Hippy's 4th goal, with that new rule, would he had been allowed to kick it with a snap, running off the line?(ie a repeat copy of his 3rd goal?)
My understanding is that he would have been allowed, not sure how far around though.

Top Bottom