Riund 15 Lions play of the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Hipwood's goals. Notably the one with the Melbourne runner trying to put him off his shot. There was plenty of moments through the game but he just smashed open the game and lit our fire.

I have a feeling it was in the 4th quarter. It was ..the opposite side of the camera, from a clearance. In the pack to either mccarthy or maybe zorko. I believe the resulting play ended up in a goal.. or shot at goal. The whole excitement of it has blurred my memory now. Couldn't find it in any highlight packages.

Hopefully someone else knows.. I haven't exactly been a fount of knowledge here :)

Courtesy of JakePeralta, who uploaded the beauty in another thread. If you didn't see it in that thread its here for all its glory. I just want to spread this moment far and wide really :)

berryhandballreplay-2019-07-01-19_46_40-gif.701782

I've always loved moments like these in games, sometimes over the big marks or goals. Reminds me of Mccarthys sublime mark the other week. Moments that just happen naturally and effortlessly just make the games beautiful to watch.

Courtesy of JakePeralta, who uploaded the beauty in another thread. If you didn't see it in that thread its here for all its glory. I just want to spread this moment far and wide really :)

berryhandballreplay-2019-07-01-19_46_40-gif.701782

I've always loved moments like these in games, sometimes over the big marks or goals. Reminds me of Mccarthys sublime mark the other week. Moments that just happen naturally and effortlessly just make the games beautiful to watch.
It was a beautiful thing, really!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering how crappy Berry's earlier un-pressured bounce was running into our 50 it was pretty cool to see him trust the ground again. And it popped up ever so perfectly.

Chain of handballs that resulted in Christensen’s goal, starting with Mitch riding the bump, spinning around and still hitting the target by hand. Voss like!

Can we nominate Hipwoods’ 4th and 5th goals? They came pretty close together and were so similar. Both massive team lifters.

Outside of that was Zorko’s squaring effort and Hugh’s tackle as well which I loved.

This may be off topic slightly. But for Hippy's 4th goal, with that new rule, would he had been allowed to kick it with a snap, running off the line?(ie a repeat copy of his 3rd goal?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back