Riverina Football League-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news from the rfl lately ? Who has recruited well? Any teams going to rise up the ladder? Turvey park going to survive ?

after the most even comp in years, surprisingly quiet on this board. Well done to the gullie boys on back to back after not really looking like it all year. Can they do it again without aiken? Is it time to move the GF to wagga after the farrer league gf upstaged the rfl in terms of numbers? I would have said no until I went and saw gullie play leeton at narranderra with most of the crowd being gullie supporters. If the old south west clubs want the grand final over there, they have to turn up. Leeton is only 15 mins up the road? If two wagga clubs in Gf, has to be at Robbo, the surface there is now far superior to narranderra, only real issue is parking and some people have complained about lack of toilets

after the most even comp in years, surprisingly quiet on this board. Well done to the gullie boys on back to back after not really looking like it all year. Can they do it again without aiken? Is it time to move the GF to wagga after the farrer league gf upstaged the rfl in terms of numbers? I would have said no until I went and saw gullie play leeton at narranderra with most of the crowd being gullie supporters. If the old south west clubs want the grand final over there, they have to turn up. Leeton is only 15 mins up the road? If two wagga clubs in Gf, has to be at Robbo, the surface there is now far superior to narranderra, only real issue is parking and some people have complained about lack of toilets
can someone tell me if the chris ladhams is the ex essendon and Adelaide player?

If higher placed team at end of home and away - and makes GF - is Leeton, Narrandera, Griffith, GGGM etc then you have the GF at Narrandera.
If higher placed team is Wagga, Turvey P etc then have it at Wagga...
???
Perhaps that is one solution?

I would suppose most clubs have finished recruiting. Tigers were a kick off the grand final and won something like 11 straight so with the coach and Canberra pick ups they would have to go in to this season as one of the favourites.

I have seen a few games and heard a few results'
Narrandera beat The Rock by about 25, lost to Billabong crows by about 20 and beat Barellan by about 120.
Leeton beat Lockhart by about 80
Join date Feb 06, first post March 16! Must be excited about the Eagles season ahead under Turtle.

A week out from the comp starting and Tigers snare another big signing when in reality they probably already had the best list.

Putting my nostradamus cap on:

1. Tigers
2. Leeton
3. Ganmain
4. Gullie
5. Mango
6. Coolamon
7. Griffith
8. Narrandera
9. Turvey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 tigers
2 leeton Whitton
3 mango
4 gullie
5 Ganmain
6 coolamon
7 Griffith
8 turvey park
9 narranderra

First round tips
Gullie by 20 tigers by 30 Coolamon by 6 and gggm by 60
Not far off in your margins nice tipping.

As I said throughout pre season and Round 1 has confirmed it, Tigers have to be favorites for the comp. Mango had couple out and were able to beat Gullie - remembering they only scraped into finals last year they could slide this year and miss if there is any pressure from those trying to climb the ladder.

Round 2 darts:
GGGM over Mango by 4 goals
Leeton over Narrandera by 12 goals
Griffith over Turvey by 6 goals
Tigers over Gullie by 12 goals

Not far off in your margins nice tipping.

As I said throughout pre season and Round 1 has confirmed it, Tigers have to be favorites for the comp. Mango had couple out and were able to beat Gullie - remembering they only scraped into finals last year they could slide this year and miss if there is any pressure from those trying to climb the ladder.

Round 2 darts:
GGGM over Mango by 4 goals
Leeton over Narrandera by 12 goals
Griffith over Turvey by 6 goals
Tigers over Gullie by 12 goals
Thanks , missed mango though
Just remember the year before they went on a massive winning streak after losing round 1 to mango, I'd be suprised to see them miss finals , maybe I've just under estimated mango. Tigers to beat leeton at leeton for me also confirms there favouritism as I had leeton as main contenders. I think coolamon although winning on weekend will be this years sliders. Gggm the dark horse at the moment for me , hard to gauge them until they play a tigers or leeton.
I think mango and gggm will be a beauty , under 10 points either way but I'll go mango at home
Leeton by 60 over narranderra
Griffith by 18 over turvey
Tigers by 42 over gullie

Pretty embarrassing for the league to get beat by the Hume. Steele, Olson, Tuohey, Dalton, King, Lane probably would have helped but I'm sure Hume had some good players missing also.

Ev
Pretty embarrassing for the league to get beat by the Hume. Steele, Olson, Tuohey, Dalton, King, Lane probably would have helped but I'm sure Hume had some good players missing also.
every league had players missing , a good league should have depth to cover it though , embarrassing is definatly the word here

Back in the day it would've been the O and M playing the RFL not the Hume in terms of standard. Has it dropped recently or don't the players really commit?

Just in case anyone on Riverina AFL gives a damn. There isn't even a quote icon on this site. The following is a quote..

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/s...f-south-west-leagues-famous-championship-win/
50 year anniversary of South West League's famous championship win - Matt Malone - 11 Jul 2014

CHAMPIONS: The South West representative team and reserves which took out the Country Championships at Narrandera on July 11, 1964. Pictured is (back row from left) B Scully (coach), K Coleman, F Fitzpatrick, I Gillett, M Kruse, B Connolly, P Box (behind Connolly), R Clifford, P Weidemann, A Tipping, G Eastmure, A Biron, F Hodgekin, R Little, L Sexton, T Carroll, manager-selctor L Petts; (front row) League secretary H Brett, T Apostolos, D Lyons, W McCaig, P Pledger, T McGee, V Hathaway, N Morrow, I Williams, P Morris, G Nye. Picture supplied by J McCaig.

Amazingly, 50 years ago this weekend, the 'old' South West League, as it was then, claimed the 1964 Country Championship grand final.

In front of a packed house at Narrandera Sportsground, South West came from behind at half-time to defeat the Hampden League by 22 points.

It was the first time ever a NSW team had beaten a Victorian team to win the crown...

Reserve-Grade-Coach.png

The Queanbeyan Tigers (in the AFL Canberra competition) are calling for applications for a new Reserve Grade coach for 2017.
For details see: http://bit.ly/2h6iJHz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back