Riverina Football League-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news coming out of the RFL? Any teams set to climb up the ladder ?
No really big losses/acquisitions as of yet. A couple players have switched to the Farrer from the RFL - one from Turvey, a couple from Wagga Tigers, and one from Ganmain heading to north wagga as an assistant coach and a young bloke from griffith heading there with him.
Arho won’t be at griffith next year, decent loss and could lose young Conlan to a higher league to test himself with the best.
Leeton have lost some of their best to retirements and Potter back to Tasmania.
Coolamon have a new playing coach. But other then that i’d say Gullie/mango/griffith will be the teams to beat if they hold most of their players, with leeton falling. Early days though, no clubs really got the ball rolling with big signings.

No really big losses/acquisitions as of yet. A couple players have switched to the Farrer from the RFL - one from Turvey, a couple from Wagga Tigers, and one from Ganmain heading to north wagga as an assistant coach and a young bloke from griffith heading there with him.
Arho won’t be at griffith next year, decent loss and could lose young Conlan to a higher league to test himself with the best.
Leeton have lost some of their best to retirements and Potter back to Tasmania.
Coolamon have a new playing coach. But other then that i’d say Gullie/mango/griffith will be the teams to beat if they hold most of their players, with leeton falling. Early days though, no clubs really got the ball rolling with big signings.
Fair enough, hard to see Griffith being the team to beat, especially without Arho, who are the 2 from tigers ? And the one from Turvey? Not much happening on this forum, any speculation on players ?

Fair enough, hard to see Griffith being the team to beat, especially without Arho, who are the 2 from tigers ? And the one from Turvey? Not much happening on this forum, any speculation on players ?
Carroll and Farrell. Carroll a decent loss, hasn't been a consistent 1st grade player but has talent. Farrell has been in the twos majority of the last couple of years. And brooks from Turvey, very handy player, will be missed.
I think mango and collingullie will be the teams to beat at this stage. Gullie have lost Joliffe but are still really strong. Id have Griffith coming in 3rd/4th. Leeton will slip as they have lost Irwin, Conroy, Irwin, and Potter just off the top of my head. Wagga tigers haven't made any improvements, neither have coolamon, Turvey, narrandera or ganmain. I would rate Griffith ahead of these teams even without Arho. However, they will be working overtime to replace him I'm pretty sure.

I don't know of much player speculation but there must surely be a couple of big signings around the corner. Farrer league has been much more active so far

Slipped my mind that Griffith have also lost Northey.

So that would be Arho, Conlan, Northey and Bruns at the moment. They'd want to get shopping as I can't see them replacing that kind of quality from within.

You may be right, they'd be quite a few steps behind mango and gullie unless they get a couple.

Slipped my mind that Griffith have also lost Northey.

So that would be Arho, Conlan, Northey and Bruns at the moment. They'd want to get shopping as I can't see them replacing that kind of quality from within.

You may be right, they'd be quite a few steps behind mango and gullie unless they get a couple.
Good to see Narranderra re-sign there coach and a few recruits heading out there, have also just heard Turvey are about to land a big fish,Will be a great get

Good to see Narranderra re-sign there coach and a few recruits heading out there, have also just heard Turvey are about to land a big fish,Will be a great get
Yeah Light will be a handy acquisition, young but has played plenty of senior football. I wonder who else they have in the pipeline.. Lane has mentioned former locals which is always good.

Any word on who that is? would be huge for Turvey. They were greatly improved last year, were in almost every game until the end.

I’ve just noticed that Turvey have lost Emery. And also Sykes, however he hardly got on the park last year.
Emery is a big loss.

I’ve just noticed that Turvey have lost Emery. And also Sykes, however he hardly got on the park last year.
Emery is a big loss.
Oh, right must have missed that,hopefully they can cover their losses, hearing tigers have lost even more

Oh, right must have missed that,hopefully they can cover their losses, hearing tigers have lost even more
that would be tough for Wagga. Were a very average team last year, a strong offseason recruiting drive could see a team like coolamon overtake them

John Buchanan is very close mates with Collingullies coach Luke Gestier. A move could be possible there
I think you may find he is heading elsewhere, along with a key midfielder. Interesting to see whether Ganmain will get on the front foot, generally have been proactive in recruiting in past years but really struggled this year and look to be slipping even further

I think you may find he is heading elsewhere, along with a key midfielder. Interesting to see whether Ganmain will get on the front foot, generally have been proactive in recruiting in past years but really struggled this year and look to be slipping even further
Wow big losses.
Yeah after the losses they had last year i was expecting some signings, but that never really came about. Now they’ve lost Steward and Sicker and dont have a coach yet. Will be interesting for sure

Wow big losses.
Yeah after the losses they had last year i was expecting some signings, but that never really came about. Now they’ve lost Steward and Sicker and dont have a coach yet. Will be interesting for sure
Pleming is a good get for coolamon, can play! Still not much on the recruiting front from the bottom teams, Ganmain, Turvey , Narrandera! You would think they would have liked to announce a few by now.It would be good for the competition to have those 3 improve, it may be another long year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleming is a good get for coolamon, can play! Still not much on the recruiting front from the bottom teams, Ganmain, Turvey , Narrandera! You would think they would have liked to announce a few by now.It would be good for the competition to have those 3 improve, it may be another long year
Never heard about him, played NEAFL for the last 4 years so must go alright.
Can see them improving.
Yeah narranderra said they are expecting a few... Ganmain will be in huge trouble if they don’t do anything soon. Can honestly see them not winning a game with no significant additions!

Hitchens to Turvey Park, really offered very little in the Hume league the games I watched last year, can't see him having much of an impact

Hitchens to Turvey Park, really offered very little in the Hume league the games I watched last year, can't see him having much of an impact
And another few leaving ... Gaynor gone to O&M, Conlan gone to CBR Demons, Arho confirmed gone, and Buchanan looking like he’ll be following Gaynor to Albury.

Interesting off season, so much quality leaving!

One week out from the season and everyone would be finished signing new players by now. Kade Garland was a big get for Turvey but left before playing a game! They can't take a break. There would only be two teams (Coolamon and Narrandera) who can say they have a better list this season than they did last. Comp seems to be going downhill.
Not sure how the first year co-coaches will go but Coolamon have recruited a great list. For so long they've been Maddox and Chambo focused but now they will have a new breed with Pleming & Hillier adding to the class of the Redfern brothers. Premiership favourites for mine.

Narrandera have picked up a few but can still see them struggling alongside Turvey Park, GGGM and Wagga Tigers who will will be big sliders. Leeton will slide down as well. Griffith a good finals chance as are Mango. I think it will be a Coolamon Gullie grand final. Might be some big margins when the top teams play the bottom teams.

Getting this thread back on track, the Crows have signed former VFL player Toby Conroy as well as Mitch Heaslip & Neil Irwin.
Conroy has played for Sandringham & Frankston in the VFL and is a Leeton junior, as is Heaslip. Both are premiership players with Queanbeyan in the NEAFL.
Irwin is a key position player and has played 200 or so games, also with Queanbeyan.
Conroy is garbage! Not played quality football at a quality level..ever. He’s a short arse who is punching well above his weight!!

They look like good pick ups for Leeton. Good luck to them. It would be nice to see Leeton make the granny and win it. Hopefully this can set the Crows on the right path.

This is a good concept - this pre-season comp. It will be interesting to see what Sydney teams try for it...and northern victorian teams. What if the Albury Tigers go for it? Game over one would think.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/s...new-pre-season-knockout-set-for-wagga/?cs=149
Conroy very very overrated. Didn’t do anything while at Leeton. Small soft player who looks for soft outside ball and free kicks...bit sad really, but not much height or talent!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back