Riverina Football League-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

pretty quiet on here of late. Is all the interest out of the comp? Coolamon look the goods can gggm challange them? got back to the gullie yesterday thumped what i was told an undermanned mango in saying that mango would need another 10 top players to get close. havent seen many games this year but most there yesterday seemed to think gullie cant win it this year, not physical or hard enough.

The ground at the gullie looked a picture yesterday, has come a long way over the past 20 years, and got me thinking on where it rates in the league. After brief discussions with a few players and supporters i have compiled a list, honest feedback welcomed

Best playing surface: Narranderra
Best players facilities: Griffith
Best ground to watch footy: Narranderra
Best spectators facilities; Griffith
Worst playing surface: Griffith
Worst playing facilities: Mango
Worst ground to watch footy: Leeton
Worst spectator facilities: Gullie
A special catergory most disappointing ground: Robertson oval (where did all the money go?) still ordinary in the wet

feel free to comment, hopefully generates a bit of conversation as the only way i get a feel of what is going on down there is what i read online in the paper.

Your
pretty quiet on here of late. Is all the interest out of the comp? Coolamon look the goods can gggm challange them? got back to the gullie yesterday thumped what i was told an undermanned mango in saying that mango would need another 10 top players to get close. havent seen many games this year but most there yesterday seemed to think gullie cant win it this year, not physical or hard enough.

The ground at the gullie looked a picture yesterday, has come a long way over the past 20 years, and got me thinking on where it rates in the league. After brief discussions with a few players and supporters i have compiled a list, honest feedback welcomed

Best playing surface: Narranderra
Best players facilities: Griffith
Best ground to watch footy: Narranderra
Best spectators facilities; Griffith
Worst playing surface: Griffith
Worst playing facilities: Mango
Worst ground to watch footy: Leeton
Worst spectator facilities: Gullie
A special catergory most disappointing ground: Robertson oval (where did all the money go?) still ordinary in the wet

feel free to comment, hopefully generates a bit of conversation as the only way i get a feel of what is going on down there is what i read online in the paper.
Your list is pretty much spot on. I'd give gullie tag of worst playing facilities though and worst playing surface though.

Best venue to worst.
Narrandera
Robbo
Maher
Griffith
Coolamon
Leeton
Gammain
Mango
Gullie

cant see why you have Griffith so high, the centre pitch area is harder than concrete and is nothing short of dangerous. The gullie played there a couple of weeks ago and the players said they were using the wings a lot just to avoid it. I must admit I haven't been to maher oval for a while and it has always been pretty good, better than robbo

cant see why you have Griffith so high, the centre pitch area is harder than concrete and is nothing short of dangerous. The gullie played there a couple of weeks ago and the players said they were using the wings a lot just to avoid it. I must admit I haven't been to maher oval for a while and it has always been pretty good, better than robbo
They've got pokies :thumbsu:

The silly season is now upon us people,what have you heard weather wispers or truth share with all, give us something to talk about because lets face it crickets over rated!!

Griffith in search of a non playing coach!! Ortons gone up to st marys in Darwin again and saying he doesn't want the big gig!!

leeton lost a few,with gornell,josh king gone, would be very surprised to see matt smith and the chf staying around as well as the other tassie boys, Damian Lang stepping down as coach,handing the reins to David meline old chb for the club years ago,like all clubs kids are going to go away to uni etc.

narrandera, signed new playing coach that once played with the eagles, hell be travelling up from albury each week. apparently some of the Canberra boys had enough, mark flack and zain litchfeild up in the air,although big brooker not coaching should have a bit of an impact.

that's pretty much all I no folks, please add if you no more!!

The silly season is now upon us people,what have you heard weather wispers or truth share with all, give us something to talk about because lets face it crickets over rated!!

Griffith in search of a non playing coach!! Ortons gone up to st marys in Darwin again and saying he doesn't want the big gig!!

leeton lost a few,with gornell,josh king gone, would be very surprised to see matt smith and the chf staying around as well as the other tassie boys, Damian Lang stepping down as coach,handing the reins to David meline old chb for the club years ago,like all clubs kids are going to go away to uni etc.

narrandera, signed new playing coach that once played with the eagles, hell be travelling up from albury each week. apparently some of the Canberra boys had enough, mark flack and zain litchfeild up in the air,although big brooker not coaching should have a bit of an impact.

that's pretty much all I no folks, please add if you no more!!

who is the narrenderra coach you speak of

One of the better initiatives the Daily Advertiser.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1837016/photos-footballers-on-the-move/?cs=149

RIVERINA FOOTBALL LEAGUE
COLLINGULLIE-ASHMONT-KAPOOKA
IN:
OUT: Marc Geppert, Ben Absolum (East Wagga-Kooringal), Curtis Allen
COOLAMON
IN:
OUT: James McKenzie (retired), Ben Cadzow (Queensland)
GANMAIN-GRONG GRONG-MATONG
IN:
OUT: Scott Crozier (retired)
GRIFFITH
IN:
OUT:
LEETON-WHITTON
IN:
OUT: Jarrod Gornall (Marrar)
MANGOPLAH-COOKARDINIA-UNITED EASTLAKES
IN: Nic Casey (Lancaster)
OUT: Dean Jones, Scott Burge, Blake Aichinger (EWK), Alex Donnelly (North Wagga)
NARRANDERA
IN: Lachlan Hutchins (Thurgoona)
OUT: Andrew Johnston
TURVEY PARK
IN: Chase Grintell (Queanbeyan), Jack Brooks (Albury Tigers), Luke Vivian (Keilor Park), Dan Fellows (The Rock-Yerong Creek)
OUT: Daniel Tooze (retired), Mick Mattingly (Murray Bushrangers/Corowa-Rutherglen), Hayden Dore, Tom Kenny
WAGGA TIGERS
IN:
OUT: Daniel Davey (East Wagga-Kooringal), John Simpson, Tom Power (Holbrook)

2014 Predictions

1. Mango. Over achieved based on pre season predictions last season, but haven't lost anybody of note and pick up three very handy footballers. With other sides falling I think the young side might just rise enough to win the minor premiership, although I digress that this is a bold prediction.

2. Coolamon. Heard rumours of bulk player losses but nothing concrete so far, just the two losses according to DA. Lew Roberts is a great player but I think they lose something without Matt Hard. Flag favourites.

3. Gullie. The loss of Gep will hurt no doubt. Still got Aiken, but who else kicks goals? I'm sure they will partially fill the void but it will be a different look Gullie from the past number of years and may start season slowly.

4. Tigers. Underachieved last year. Expect them to improve despite some player departures. Rated in front of GGGM on potential only.

5. Ganmain. I think 2012 season and the 2013 finals series showed they don't quite have it any more. Olson a big out. Older players slowing down. They are still just about finals certainties though.

6. Turvey Park. Appear to have recruited quite well and should bridge the gap on the lower sides, but still can't see them competing with the finals sides.

7. Leeton. Losses minimal as Tassie boys hardly played anyway, a threatening side on its day but how many days will they have given the amount of experience they've lost.

8. Griffith. New coach but has he signed any with him? Not according to DA. Wouldn't expect much improvement. Orton without having to coach may have a freaky year.

9. Narrandera. A few nice ins but the outs list outweights that. Can't see improvement, unless coach can re-ignite something. An almighty fall from 2012 to 2013 and I don't see things rising again.

2014 Predictions

1. Mango. Over achieved based on pre season predictions last season, but haven't lost anybody of note and pick up three very handy footballers. With other sides falling I think the young side might just rise enough to win the minor premiership, although I digress that this is a bold prediction.

2. Coolamon. Heard rumours of bulk player losses but nothing concrete so far, just the two losses according to DA. Lew Roberts is a great player but I think they lose something without Matt Hard. Flag favourites.

3. Gullie. The loss of Gep will hurt no doubt. Still got Aiken, but who else kicks goals? I'm sure they will partially fill the void but it will be a different look Gullie from the past number of years and may start season slowly.

4. Tigers. Underachieved last year. Expect them to improve despite some player departures. Rated in front of GGGM on potential only.

5. Ganmain. I think 2012 season and the 2013 finals series showed they don't quite have it any more. Olson a big out. Older players slowing down. They are still just about finals certainties though.

6. Turvey Park. Appear to have recruited quite well and should bridge the gap on the lower sides, but still can't see them competing with the finals sides.

7. Leeton. Losses minimal as Tassie boys hardly played anyway, a threatening side on its day but how many days will they have given the amount of experience they've lost.

8. Griffith. New coach but has he signed any with him? Not according to DA. Wouldn't expect much improvement. Orton without having to coach may have a freaky year.

9. Narrandera. A few nice ins but the outs list outweights that. Can't see improvement, unless coach can re-ignite something. An almighty fall from 2012 to 2013 and I don't see things rising again.

Without knowing much about this league, I will watch this space for any feedback on the recent Beenleigh recruits and how they handle themselves. I would expect this league to be stronger than the one they have come from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No big news of late; turvey and mango seem to be the big movers.

Early predictions; Coolamon, Turvey, Gullie, Mango & Ganmain at this stage.

This could be the season for big mid season signings given the lack of quality coming in now.

Any reports on the trial matches?

Coolamon given a touch up Temora according to the paper. Did Coolamon have a few out? I think they had a few out against Finley not sure how many come back for Temora game?
Gullie gave Billabong a touch up but moreso because Billabong were average.
According to Hume League thread, Turvey beat a depleted Lockhart by 9 pts, Griffith went down to Rand Walbundrie.

Anyone got anything to add?

Narrandera V Jets this weekend.
Mango, Tigers, Leeton, Ganmain?

Coolamon had a wedding and a few others out.

Games this week include, ganmain v osborne, mango v holbrook, coolamon v csu, tigers v temora

No surprised to see tigers poaching rival clubs younger players; davis and collins for the $

Games this week include, ganmain v osborne, mango v holbrook, coolamon v csu, tigers v temora

No surprised to see tigers poaching rival clubs younger players; davis and collins for the $

Who did coolamon marry???? Barmedman???

Narrandera taking on Farrer League Club Northern Jets. Surely they will want to make a good showing to hopefully signify they won't be easy beats this season. Anyone have thoughts on how this one will go?

Who is this Collins?

Ladder

Coolamon
Mango
CAK
Wagga
GGGM
Turvey
Leeton
Narrandera
Griffith

Still early days but thought I'd have a go at it.

Weekends trial results.

DA says Mango happy with new recruits with a win over Holbrook.

Not sure on the strength of teams and availability of personnel, but Tigers and Narrandera got a touch up off Temora and Jets respectively. I did think Narrandera would struggle this year, but I sincerely hope they weren't at or close to full strength.

Narrandera lucky the lights went out during the 3rd quarter I hear, may have saved them from a worse score line. Been a practice match I'm sure they still have improvement in front of them, but it sounds like they are a long way off the top teams.

Narrandera lucky the lights went out during the 3rd quarter I hear, may have saved them from a worse score line. Been a practice match I'm sure they still have improvement in front of them, but it sounds like they are a long way off the top teams.
Spoke to a couple of blokes and said Narrandera were missing about 7 that would be definate 1st graders, they also said Jets looked good for a first hit out which is good signs for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back