Riverina Football League-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

My early mail seems to be pretty accurate. Chambo back to Coolamon. They will have a mighty fine side this year. Surprised Mango hasn't announced the Kahlefeldt brothers yet though, they have definitely signed.

Tigers want the ANZAC day game at Robbo. They will no doubt get a great game and crowd with Gullie...but I'd have thought sticking to the cross town rivalry with Turvey would have been a winner as well.

My early mail seems to be pretty accurate. Chambo back to Coolamon. They will have a mighty fine side this year. Surprised Mango hasn't announced the Kahlefeldt brothers yet though, they have definitely signed.
still yet to hear anything on kahlefeldt boys mate? maybe your mail has let you down or you still claiming they are keeping it under wraps?

havent heard much from out leeton, narrandera and griffith. I imagine guy would be chasing a few darwin boys and narrandera would be fishing around canberra. Any news/rumours?

Simon Mackie from Coleambally would surely have attracted some attenion from clubs such as Griffith, leeton & Narrandera. Can play , and would,nt look out of place in this competion.:cool:

Tigers want the ANZAC day game at Robbo. They will no doubt get a great game and crowd with Gullie...but I'd have thought sticking to the cross town rivalry with Turvey would have been a winner as well.
Wont happen with gullie. It was disscussed about 5 or 6 years ago with the other team i think being tryc but the army guys would be unavailable that day plus a few regard it as disrespectful. wether tigers do it or not is up to them i guess and the league but i would be pi55ed off if i was involved with either marrar or tryc. let them have their day. Has the draw been released? been away for some time so this may have already been resolved

from all reports the 2013 RFL season is looking to be a cracker year with 4 or 5 sides capable of winning it in my eyes.
Ladder Prediction

1. Coolamon- Picked up some good ones and havent lost many.
2. Tigers- Have lost perkins but with the addition of noonan and rava and another year in the young kids should go well
3. Ganmain- Have lost a few and gained a few but have heard big raps on new coach and would expect to be around the mark
4. Gullie- Have lost a couple of important talls and the only player of note i have heard they have gained is spriggs and some kids.
5. Narrandera- Would think they will have a few retire but should be around the mark again
6. Griffith- Havent heard anything from out that way except calma-holt has gone to north albury
7. Leeton- Is overs playing? Have lost old mate from tassy and once again havent heard a heap.
8/9. Turvey/Mango. Should improve but coming from a long way back.

Any other takers?

from all reports the 2013 RFL season is looking to be a cracker year with 4 or 5 sides capable of winning it in my eyes.
Ladder Prediction

1. Coolamon- Picked up some good ones and havent lost many.
2. Tigers- Have lost perkins but with the addition of noonan and rava and another year in the young kids should go well
3. Ganmain- Have lost a few and gained a few but have heard big raps on new coach and would expect to be around the mark
4. Gullie- Have lost a couple of important talls and the only player of note i have heard they have gained is spriggs and some kids.
5. Narrandera- Would think they will have a few retire but should be around the mark again
6. Griffith- Havent heard anything from out that way except calma-holt has gone to north albury
7. Leeton- Is overs playing? Have lost old mate from tassy and once again havent heard a heap.
8/9. Turvey/Mango. Should improve but coming from a long way back.

Any other takers?

Hi all, Corowa Rutherglen looking for a practice match for Sat 16th March at Corowa if any team is keen for a game.

Call Adrian Pavese 0429913436 if interested. Cheers.

Hey kwhit
He played senior footy at coolamon last year and is a reasonably handy player, not sure if he can play above the standard of the RFL.
Why do you ask?

Hey kwhit
He played senior footy at coolamon last year and is a reasonably handy player, not sure if he can play above the standard of the RFL.
Why do you ask?

He is on the Gold Coast and is looking to have a kick at our club palm beach currumbin. We play div 1 footy step under Neafl. Not sure how it compares to riverina league?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is on the Gold Coast and is looking to have a kick at our club palm beach currumbin. We play div 1 footy step under Neafl. Not sure how it compares to riverina league?

IMO Jake will probably be borderline in your ones side if the standard is similar to what I saw up there in years gone by. His attitude towards his football is top notch and is a good bloke to have around. Skill level lets him down at times but generally fit as a fiddle.

A
IMO Jake will probably be borderline in your ones side if the standard is similar to what I saw up there in years gone by. His attitude towards his football is top notch and is a good bloke to have around. Skill level lets him down at times but generally fit as a fiddle.

Appreciate your comments happyaslarry! Sounds like he may be a good fit on and off the park!

Any thoughts on Phil Aumann from Narrandera guys?

Looks like he's going to be having a kick with my club in Sydney, sounds like a pretty handy ruck/forward.

Some big news in the last month since this thread was last posted in.
OGarey back for the crows. Wow. But too many losses out that way. O Garey is the difference for them getting well beaten and being competitive this year.
Griffith. All quiet apart from some basketballers and soccer players? Nice to stock up the 2s.
Narrandera. Beaten by Temora? How much do we read into that. Williams a big out come September.
Mango. No more Andrew Wild. They bumped up their midfield this year but now don't have that big forward. That will hurt.
Turvey. Pretty quiet again after a lean couple years. Don't they know they need to recruit?
Tigers. Very impressive pre season form and the kids are a year older. Big threat.
Coolamon. They are always strong and will be again this year.
GGGM. Kotzur will win the league medal from all reports. But significant departures won't help.
Gullie. Lol @ Mortimer. How can one expect loyalty from their players when the only reason they are there in the first place is $$$. Regardless they should have a good year.

Ladder Prediction:
1. Tigers
2. Coolamon
3. Narrandera
4. Gullie
5. GGGM
6. Mango
7. Griffith
8. Leeton
9. Turvey

Some big news in the last month since this thread was last posted in.
OGarey back for the crows. Wow. But too many losses out that way. O Garey is the difference for them getting well beaten and being competitive this year.
Griffith. All quiet apart from some basketballers and soccer players? Nice to stock up the 2s.
Narrandera. Beaten by Temora? How much do we read into that. Williams a big out come September.
Mango. No more Andrew Wild. They bumped up their midfield this year but now don't have that big forward. That will hurt.
Turvey. Pretty quiet again after a lean couple years. Don't they know they need to recruit?
Tigers. Very impressive pre season form and the kids are a year older. Big threat.
Coolamon. They are always strong and will be again this year.
GGGM. Kotzur will win the league medal from all reports. But significant departures won't help.
Gullie. Lol @ Mortimer. How can one expect loyalty from their players when the only reason they are there in the first place is $$$. Regardless they should have a good year.

Ladder Prediction:
1. Tigers
2. Coolamon
3. Narrandera
4. Gullie
5. GGGM
6. Mango
7. Griffith
8. Leeton
9. Turvey

how can you say that about mortimer? do you know him well? is it his fault hes good at both codes and gets offered money? he has had enough of sparks and doesnt want to play saturday footy which a lot of gullie games are, and he wants to work saturdays. If he was playing just for money he wouldnt have been playing at gullie! Its pretty easy to have a crack at a young bloke from the safety of your computer screen. Maybe you should keep your personal attacks to yourself until you know all the details!

It was moreso an 'attack' at the Gullie faithful who expect loyalty. They aren't happy Mortimer left, but they need to realise one drawback of the spend spend spend mentality of their club is that it doesn't come with much loyalty from their players. I have no problem with Mortimers decision to leave but I find it funny Gullie just expect loyalty from players.
You are obviously close to him and have taken things the wrong way. Maybe I should have started with Lol @ The Mortimer situation instead. My apologies.

It was moreso an 'attack' at the Gullie faithful who expect loyalty. They aren't happy Mortimer left, but they need to realise one drawback of the spend spend spend mentality of their club is that it doesn't come with much loyalty from their players. I have no problem with Mortimers decision to leave but I find it funny Gullie just expect loyalty from players.
You are obviously close to him and have taken things the wrong way. Maybe I should have started with Lol @ The Mortimer situation instead. My apologies.
its not ned leaving that is frustrating, its the timing. to be told in march when the team has been settled is dissapointing. if he had of said something before christmas to give us time to replace him fair enough. as far as the spend spend spend mentality its a small community that has to attract players out there without the council supplied facilities tigers get (good luck to them) or even turveys rules club maintained maher oval. in saying that though we are by far NOT the biggest spenders in the league we spend what we think is sustainable while being able to upgrade our council owned ground, this year new lights. its fortunate that a town the size of collingullie has a successful footy club when many larger towns and communities cant get a team together. stop the gullie bashing, get off your computer and get involved in your footy club to make it a success.

should also have added that there isnt much loyalty from our players is an insult to the likes of brad aitken, chris gow nathan fuller and others who have been offered much more money than what they ever got at gullie by rival rfl clubs, and o&m clubs over the past ten years.

Good to see Leeton isnt rated much of a chance by anyone, true they have lost 9-10 players but they cant be two bad if they beat last years Murray League Premiers by 104 points in the Barooga Night Series ?????. I am picking Tigers and Coolaman to be the early front runners, but top 6-7 should be pretty competitive

They beat leeton twice, 6 goals in first hit out and 8 goals in GF. Nathalia wont be much chop this year but Finley appears stonger than last year and they made the Murray league GF last year. I think Finley were close to Full strength on Barooga GF night, only Pre season stuff but Leeton will go into 2013 alot younger, so read into it what you like.

Should be an interesting first round. Teams are always at different stages of fitness. Looking forward to seeing the first month unfold.
Coolamon v Tigers will be a ripper on sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back