International RL World Club Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

If Wigan (albeit without O'Loughlin and Charnley) play liked they did against Huddersfield last night, they'll get thumped by a cricket score. A big improvement will be needed if they are to be competitive.

On the upside, my son and I had great weekend up there. It was a pleasure to watch Danny Brough carry on from where he left off in the World Cup with another commanding display. Oh that Wigan (not to mention, England!) should have that man's talent at their disposal.

Roosters are going to walk all over Wigan. They won't be able to control the likes of SBW, JWH, RTS Maloney Jennings and Tupou. Sydney to win by many.

haha nah I doubt it. I spend all last year saying we will win the comp and there was no jinx left on them. We have the stronger team. We will more than likely do horribly in the 9's because of our stars staying home to prepare for for the WCC but we will win because of it.

Wigam looked much better against the Warriors, admittedly in a game where neither side was at full strength.

We'll have to wait and see, I'm sure we all want to see a competitive match.

Also, this is not St Helens you are playing now, you know! :p

Pretty good effort (although I missed it) to roll the Warriors in NZ. Hopefully it's a good game.

30-0 in the second half! :p

But as I said, neither side were at full strength, although Wigan probably had a stronger side out than NZ. But they looked much improved on their showing against Huddersfield, where their attack went disappointingly sideways and mostly petered out. Against the Warriors their attack was much better, creating overlaps and executing very well. Two kids on the wing scored five tries between them.

Time to settle down in front of Warrington Saints now. :)

Last edited:
I just can't wait to see how the game pans out. It should be a really good pre season game. The Roosters look to be taking it seriously as well rather then just treating it as a trial match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well didn't the Roosters show up. I'm not sure if Wigan was off there game or if the team is nothing without Tomkins but that was appalling. They made it way too easy for the Eastern Suburb boys. I would love to have seen what the game would of been like with Tomkins in the side. Matt Bowen didn't even seem to care in the game at all.

Wigan weren't great, and they gifted the Roosters a start, which you certainly can't afford to do. At least they didn't run out of energy and showed some threat in the second half. But they are much less experienced side now, and are unlikely to be the strongest side in England this year. I'm hoping young Powell gets a run in the halves this year, he shows promise.

You guys need a better fullback. Bowen is terrible. He just watched everything happen around him and barely made an attempt to stop any of it

I can't believe Matty Bowen has become a bad player overnight. I know he's not getting any younger, but he has been very disappointing so far. But it is very early days. And we have other options, Druitt. We have Ryan Hampshire, who played a fair bit last season, and is very good, And behind him, we have Jason Robinson's 18-year old son. :) Any side in the world would miss Sam Tomkins.

I can't believe Matty Bowen has become a bad player overnight. I know he's not getting any younger, but he has been very disappointing so far. But it is very early days. And we have other options, Druitt. We have Ryan Hampshire, who played a fair bit last season, and is very good, And behind him, we have Jason Robinson's 18-year old son. :) Any side in the world would miss Sam Tomkins.
You not wrong. I would love to have him at the Roosters. Even if it meant that Tuivasa-Sheck stayed on the wing. The way he plays and moves is incredible. The NZ Warriors are very very lucky. Him and Johnson are such a good combination. Them too thrown into a team that wasnt really that bad makes them a genuine premiership contender I think.

And yea I hope Wigan look to utilising their other number 1s over Bowen. No point really even wasting time on him. Way better off putting the minutes into some of the younger guys.

Also from what I've read of your posts moto748 I'm guessing that you watch a bit of the ESL. Can you tell me a bit about Remi Casty. Did he have much of an impact on his former team? I can't really find to much about him. He looked alright playing against Wigan but I'm curious to know more about him.

He was a good prop in a just above average side, I think. He's a powerful player and the Dragons noticeably missed him when he wasn't available. He's not a James Graham as regards handling skills, though.

Obviously Wigan must have in mind Bowen helping to bring the youngsters through; they'd be learning from a master. I hope they do. Knowing Shaun Wane, I expect so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back