Tertiary and Continuing RMIT - Photography Degree

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
In less than a month I will be starting a 3 year photography degree at RMIT.
Being that it is possibly the most popular photography course in Australia I was wondering if anyone else had done it? Or the RMIT Tafe course (which I hear is excellent)?

In less than a month I will be starting a 3 year photography degree at RMIT.
Being that it is possibly the most popular photography course in Australia I was wondering if anyone else had done it? Or the RMIT Tafe course (which I hear is excellent)?
Sorry for the absolute deep dive of a thread bump, but how did you go with the course?

Sorry for the absolute deep dive of a thread bump, but how did you go with the course?
Lol, gave up after one semester.
It was primarily aimed at high fashion (which I had/have no interest in).
I now run my own photography/videography business for weddings/documentary work and do wildlife and landscape photography on the side for fun.
I wouldn't really recommend it unless you are wanting to do fashion and you can commit to 20 hours a week of additional shooting outside of class (which I couldn't with two part time jobs at the time).

Has anyone done any TAFE-level study through RMIT? Any experiences worth sharing?

I'm looking at doing a couple of TAFE-level courses and going in a completely new direction - I can do one of them through Melbourne Polytechnic, which I have confidence in after speaking with a few people (everyone knows someone that went to Melbourne TAFE/Polytechnic), but this merger of public universities also becoming private RTOs is a bit new to me, so I don't really know what to expect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back