Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thurs March 18th 7.25pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be controversial but id almost not tag Dusty in the middle. Feel like if he goes forward hes too dangerous and would prefer him play mid

He'll push forward regardless, highly unlikely he won't spend at least some time forward, especially if heaven forbid its close.

Imagine Teague will do the usual and see what's happening after the first quarter whether to send Ed to him or not.

That's all well and good, but the original comment was about going after Edwards.

Do you think it's ok for opposition players to make disrespectful comments about our club and have no repercussions?

If you wanna open your mouth and have a giggle about our club, then you'd better be ready to wear the consequences.

If our boys don't remonstrate with him, then we'll be unlikely to play finals because they have no pride in the jumper.

When Saints went after Murphy, who stuck up for him? I remember the response was pissweak.

It's what every other club and supporter base has come to expect from us. It's why Edwards felt comfortable saying what he did.

Enough, I say.
That's fine, I was across the original point - I just don't agree with it.
I think hurt feelings because someone thinks you're s**t just serves as a motivator to not be s**t, do you really think that Edwards didn't say it in part to draw a reaction?
Say one of our blokes comes out, lays out Edwards, would it suddenly alter the perception that we're a soft footy club?
I doubt it - consistently playing an uncompromising brand of footy that doesn't require extra motivation to have a meaningful crack does though which is what I was advocating for.

It's a simple concept, you don't let your mates go it alone, whether it be in footy or in life in general but no one would argue that our club has been great at looking after it's own and it must change.

We are short and or underdone and or going in with injury concerns to talls

Omac has shown utility capabilities

While a runner is preferred, it is a sound strategy

OMac is a very ordinary footballer at this level .. good luck to him and hope he plays a blinder if he comes on, but only a matter of time before Carlton fans turn on him if he gets a few senior games, imo. Take a good footballer any day over a player whose strength is ‘height’.

From out of town. On honeymoon. Was hoping to get to the great northern to watch the game but is fully booked where’s the next best place?

You can’t have a strategy of a few specific players getting injured.
Agree but this weeks circumstances might just require that.

If a small gets injured we basically play with 3 midfield rotations and rest our bigs/rucks on the bench instead of sending them forward to make us top heavy or unbalanced.

Strategy would basically revert to what the rules allowed prior to medical sub being available.

Let’s hope we don’t need to activate Oscar, we have enough injuries already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From out of town. On honeymoon. Was hoping to get to the great northern to watch the game but is fully booked where’s the next best place?

The Rose in Fitzroy/Collingwood should have a bit of a vibe ... not quite as good as it was before the renos but still good.

Oh my God, I just walked David Parkin going into the G, and he spoke to me with kindness (we'll be right and good luck he said to me)

We are talking about THE DAVID PARKIN here.

I was self-aware enough not to ask him for selfie or even take a photo of him, I know he values his privacy a lot, but even having him acknowledge and respond to me is one of the best moments of my life.

Btw you cannot buy footy records tonight with cash money it seems,but I don't care, I met and talked to elite Carlton loyalty, Parko, for the first time.

Btw Juddy and Bec just walked past me, Juddy with a Carlton Polo and Bec (boo) in Richmond gear.
I am honestly not joking either, these both happened in the past 10 mins as I head to the royal hotel to catch up with old friends (honestly)

I am not the type of person who takes celebs/private footy players photos without their permission, but both happened.

The only thing that can top this is if the real Elvis walked past me, crooning Blue Suede Shoes.

Bec as a Tiger fan, there is a great disturbance in the force.

The best utility in the selected side is probably JSOS, and he's been picked in a tall role. Suspect that if a small gets injured then the plan would be for Oscar to take the tall role and JSOS to switch to the small role.

Given that you can only have one emergency sub, it's the best way to cover all bases.

Oh my God, I just walked David Parkin going into the G, and he spoke to me with kindness (we'll be right and good luck he said to me)

We are talking about THE DAVID PARKIN here.

I was self-aware enough not to ask him for selfie or even take a photo of him, I know he values his privacy a lot, but even having him acknowledge and respond to me is one of the best moments of my life.

Btw you cannot buy footy records tonight with cash money it seems,but I don't care, I met and talked to elite Carlton loyalty, Parko, for the first time.

Btw Juddy and Bec just walked past me, Juddy with a Carlton Polo and Bec (boo) in Richmond gear.
I am honestly not joking either, these both happened in the past 10 mins as I head to the royal hotel to catch up with old friends (honestly)

I am not the type of person who takes celebs/private footy players photos without their permission, but both happened.

The only thing that can top this is if the real Elvis walked past me, crooning Blue Suede Shoes.

Bec as a Tiger fan, there is a great disturbance in the force.

Did you get a good look At his vein?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back