Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 19th March 7.40pm (EST) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players have voted to play
What absolute horse s**t
Would it be too much to ask the leaders of this game to actually lead ?
Government need to step in here ...
People need to chill about this. The players at afl level make a miniscule fraction of total population numbers but they have brilliant resources. They're likely following all the procedures recommended at avoiding infection under close eye of club doctors and will know when someone is sick pretty fast, they'll understand the risks they have advisor's and managers etc. If they want to play, let them play. Panic levels are stupid high already, some distraction will be nice.

Yesterday morning I witnessed a middle age person with a shopping trolley full of stuff grab and take the last large bag of rice out of an old woman's hands, left her in tears. Thankfully the shop intervened and gave the old lady the thing of rice. Clearly this is tough enough on everyone before the infections have really even started. Point is. Let them play and keep morale up until they have to shut down. They'll shut down quickly enough when a player gets infected.

As for the leaders and government, they know stopping infection is impossible. We can only slow it down. A few afl players is almost irrelevant to that. There are no crowds at the grounds.

Gov has huge whipping boy potential

People need to chill about this. The players at afl level make a miniscule fraction of total population numbers but they have brilliant resources. They're likely following all the procedures recommended at avoiding infection under close eye of club doctors and will know when someone is sick pretty fast, they'll understand the risks they have advisor's and managers etc. If they want to play, let them play. Panic levels are stupid high already, some distraction will be nice.

Yesterday morning I witnessed a middle age person with a shopping trolley full of stuff grab and take the last large bag of rice out of an old woman's hands, left her in tears. Thankfully the shop intervened and gave the old lady the thing of rice. Clearly this is tough enough on everyone before the infections have really even started. Point is. Let them play and keep morale up until they have to shut down. They'll shut down quickly enough when a player gets infected.

As for the leaders and government, they know stopping infection is impossible. We can only slow it down. A few afl players is almost irrelevant to that. There are no crowds at the grounds.

I'm not sure that 44 guys in close contact for 3 hrs...followed by their close contact to another 50 support staff...over 9 games per week...followed by them seeing their families...is irrelevant.

The US has banned gatherings over 10 people. 10! You're proposing a highly risky strategy for ENTERTAINMENT.

Come on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me crazy but with Betts out do we look to give someone like Owies a chance? I know he didn't play any preseason matches but has looked good in training an VFL.

Has some genuine goal nous and can get up the ground and work back.

you been told

I am gob smacked if this game goes ahead.
As much as I love my baggers and footy I just don't get it.
Will be a weird game to watch.

Same.
Gil said yesterday we have 40 weeks to get 17 rounds plus finals in. I don't get what the rush is.

All you needed to do was ask...

I'm actually doing a Fellowship in electrophysiology...

It's so good to have another doctor on here.

That way, we will now be able to tell if Mr_Plow has any idea what he is talking about ;)

And we may get 2% closer to deciphering Jimmae's technical theses...:p

Same.
Gil said yesterday we have 40 weeks to get 17 rounds plus finals in. I don't get what the rush is.

The rush is this will be worse in April than it is right now.

And it will be worse in May than it will be April
And it will probably be worse in June than it will be May.

So they are trying to squeeze in as much footy as they can while the going is good(ish).

Same.

I’m fully with you HBF, but we all know there are bean counters in AFL House / Channel 7 / Foxtel, who are saying that if we play this week then we have 39 weeks to get 16 rounds plus finals in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back