Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 19th March 7.40pm (EST) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so virtuous.....may you stand at the front line of the pearly gates putting your hand up and screaming Lord, Me.. Me...Me. Pity the rest of us 10 rows back sucking on a durrie and finishing off a slab
Why is that Michael?
Because I care about my 2 young boys and their health, my wife who is on Mat Leave who's job might not be the same as she left it. Or because I care about the elderly who cannot buy toilet paper because dickheads by 12 months worth. I could go on.

Maybe think before you post next time.

Reckon Dow might be one to benefit from having by no crowd and it’s a real chance for him to cement a spot, same with Cunningham he should have 4 games (if we get them) until Edwardos back to display his wares if he wants it enough. Can only assume a runner will be making way now that TDK isn’t playing for McKay’s return. Looking forward to seeing Doc and SPS and the backline as a whole combining will make for compelling viewing. Riewoldt just might be Jones bunny. Go Blues

Williamson unlucky but I really like the team we've gone with.

Can't wait for Harry to come back!

Like the look of the backline.

Forward line looking a little vulnerable, but when you’ve got no Charlie, Harry & Eddie it’s always going to be tough.

Will be interested to watch JSOS, for mine he’s still fringe. But he does position himself well in marking contests - just needs to start taking one grab marks and he’ll be away

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is that Michael?
Because I care about my 2 young boys and their health, my wife who is on Mat Leave who's job might not be the same as she left it. Or because I care about the elderly who cannot buy toilet paper because dickheads by 12 months worth. I could go on.

Maybe think before you post next time.

Jesus Christ get a grip and some perspective while you're at it. We're talking about a game of football that will take people's minds off all the bs going on for a couple of hours. Noone is going to die because of it. People die everyday of a million different things. Think about the people that live in 3rd world countries and every single day is a struggle, yet most remain happy. Most of those people can only dream of the life you have. If want to be miserable about a game of f***ing football then don't be a hypocrite in your privileged 1st world life and be miserable about the other million tragedies going on at any one time in the world as well.

Btw I am not taking away from the millions affected by this economically. I have a small business myself that will be affected and I really feel for the small business owners out there and casual workers etc. It will be tough a few months, but we will eventually return to normality. The world is not ending. And watching a game of football for a couple of hours isn't going to change that. I see it as respite from all the supposed doom and gloom.

Now as others have said, can we get back to talking about the football?

I’ll tell you who hates that footy is happening. ******* “the Ian Prender-Cast” they are so bloody negative I’m just about ready to never Listen again

Social media gives all the sheep a platform to voice their opinions. These opinions are then passed on by other sheep.

Be a shepherd.

I can't believe this is happening....

...It can't believe this is real...

...it's been one helluva long off-season...

...There will probably be five more press conferences from Gil..

....BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT....

IT'S ******* GAME DAY BITCHES!!!!!!

(For now)

Our boys run out and hopefully do the jumper proud tonight. We have a game on. We’re playing for premiership points and they want to be out there. I see what worry there is in going ahead with this but at the end of the day our Baggers will be out there to get us 4 points and win a game of footy.

Excitement is slowly creeping in but let’s all get around the boys and enjoy the moment whilst it potentially lasts at this point in time. I hope Crippa torments the hell out of them and Doc has a safe return in his first proper senior game since the first ACL. Our creativity bringing the ball inside 50 is key, hopefully Martin assists with that as shown in pre-season plus our resting mids to do the same. Will need to provide that spread and run to match them, especially defensively when they are in possession. This includes our rebound off HB when winning back possession. We match them in midfield and we are a chance. Would like to see us improve at centre bounces this year and become more ruthless in winning centre clearances. I think we’re better at stoppages around the ground but we can’t let Martin and Cotchin bully us.

Take the time from 7.40 tonight to sit back, relax and soak in our boys playing some footy after a long off season. No matter what your stance on this is, this will bring a lot of mental relief and joy for people around the country and if they have deemed it safe for the group to play then we need to trust that advice. Lets go Baggers, let’s get stuck into these 💙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking
No reason why they can't overlay footage from last years opener when goals are kicked? Could be fun?
Manufacture a virtual crowd for viewers..

Or...
Yeah
Maybe not :D :footy:

If we don't win, I'm going to overlay footage of McLean's goal and the 2013 EF onto my TV....

Both midfields pretty much at full strength I believe, so we gotta get first use of the ball, not negotiable or we'll be swamped.
Hypothetically, if you turned the tables, and our forward half was at full strength with Chuck, H and Ed....and Tiggs were missing Jack, Lynch and Rioli...I would imagine that could make things a little more interesting.
We also need to be more creative how we structure up forward....if we just continue to bomb the ball into our forward line, their defenders will have a field day. Hopefully Teaguey has a game plan to cause them a few headaches.
It'll be a hard task, but GO BLUES, and let's shut those arrogant Tiggs feral flogs/supporters up :)

Blues missing 3 of their most dangerous forwards coming up against a Richmond side fielding 20 of their premiership 22 doesn’t bode well for the blues but I will attempt some positives to cling to;
1) Shorter Quarters – with no stats to back this up I would suggest the blues are one of the worst teams for red time goals against over the last 2 years effectively not having that red time should really help the blues out.
2) 4 weeks extra training – could this extra time in harness give the blues an advantage of a team with a premiership hangover?
3) The return of Docherty – Docherty was supreme across half back in the last 2 years he played (way back in 2016 & 2017) and is brilliant organiser down back and with he, Newman and SPS rebounding off half back around Weitering and Jones we have the making of a pretty defence defensive unit.
4) Patrick Cripps
5) We have players like Fisher, Dow, Setterfield, Cuningham & Martin in the side who are extremely talented and have now been in the system for a number of years – surely one of them is due to have a break out game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back