Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Plow needs to put on notice, albeit he shouldn’t miss.

Was atrocious for much of the game, save a few good efforts towards the end of the last JLT game.
Like the Plow But yes.

Blues by 19.

B: Garlett, Jones, Plow
HB: Newman, Weits, Simmo
C: Walsh, Cripps, Murph
HF: Cuningham, Charlie, Fas
FF: Fisher, Harry, MCGov
R: Phillips, Dow, Ed

Int: Thomas, JSos, Setters, Samo

E: TDK, Casboult, LOB, Gibbons

Last edited:

Bit left field but I'd consider putting Plowman on Martin. Follow him everywhere like Tuohy used to. Gets another mature body around the ball and will hopefully cut out their best player. Relieves him from defence. Every time I see Plowman further up the ground he looks better to me

Caddy, Lynch & Jack are the tall match ups.

Jack - JW
Lynch - Jones
Caddy - Plowman.

Nankervis has spent a ton of time forward in JLT also.

It has been difficult to quantify the CFC team for a while....

However..they have been well trained this year,and the list is improving especially the past 3 months..

Should get within 4 goals of Tigers...

Marchbank is a required player for us to return from injury...and if Lang can get well and somehow improve because he is also good.

Kreuz should/will ruck...

Gibbons gets a run to see what he can do,and a tossup between Fas and Mc Govern ?

Josh Caddy Ankle 4-8 weeks Jason Castagna Ankle 1-3 weeks Ryan Garthwaite Achilles 1-3 weeks Shaun Grigg Knee 4-8 weeks Tom Lynch PCL 2-5 weeks Jacob Townsend Thigh 1-3 weeks

As of 5th March.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it will be someth8ng like:

Newman Jones Plowman
Thomas Weitering Garlett
Petrovski-Seton Cripps Simpson
Dow CCurnow Cuningham
McGovern McKay Polson
Phillips Murphy Fisher
Walsh Settlefield Gibbons ECurnow

I’d bring in JSilvagni for McGovern - but Bolton won’t.

Josh Caddy Ankle 4-8 weeks Jason Castagna Ankle 1-3 weeks Ryan Garthwaite Achilles 1-3 weeks Shaun Grigg Knee 4-8 weeks Tom Lynch PCL 2-5 weeks Jacob Townsend Thigh 1-3 weeks

As of 5th March.
Beat me to it.
No Caddy and probably no Lynch.
Even Grigg missing hurts them a little as he is their second "ruck".
Don't think we win, but i think we can push them all the way.

The way I see it, the bye thread is the hardest act to follow...

Well fine … * it … you take it ROFL! Cunny man ;) I'll take Brisvegas

Still a pup to isn't he ?
Only 22, I believe the GC experience he had up there really knocked his confidence and only now he is starting to regain some, hoping he strings along a decent amount of consecutive games in the same posistion to solidify his spot and become the player GC thought he would be when they picked him up @ pick 15.

Don’t get criticism of Garlett. Been as good as any of the young players and improving each week. People just seem to have targets

Garlett was very good today. Got caught out in the first quarter pushing too far up and there was a moment, I think in the third, when he didn’t body the ball, but I thought he marked and kicked and positioned well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't wait for this one.

Would be taking this lineup into round one -

B: Plowman - Jones - Simpson
HB: Thomas - Weitering - Newman
C: Murphy - Setterfield - Walsh
HF: McGovern - C Curnow - Fisher
F: E Curnow - McKay - Polson
R: Phillips - Cripps - SPS
Int: Dow - Cuningham - Fasolo - Garlett

Tigers obviously far more advanced than we are, but am very keen to see how the kids perform on a big stage.

Can't see us coming away with the 4 points but think we're better placed than we were last year, and should put in a competitive showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back