Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been thinking the same thing. Get them when they could be a bit rusty. I'm a little shocked that they are going to play Lynch.

None of us really know Lynch's fitness levels...from the outside looking in it's not too dissimilar to us playing Faz.

I know Faz had more of a pre-season before his injury than Lynch, but apparently Lynch has been doing skills work for over 6 weeks...given Richmond's recent injury record and how fit all their players seem to be can't really doubt them.

Let's just hope he's a bit unfit and rusty and his inclusion is actually a win for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need Ed in a run-with role, probably on Cotchin....if their midfield have free reign without any midfield pressure, leaving Lynch, Reiwoldt and Dusty in an open forward line with the ball streaming in, god help us. We struggled in the JLT game against * when they broke though the lines, so we need to shut down their run.

Plow will likely get the match up on Martin when he heads forward...maybe the hardest job in the AFL as a defender, but that's when you need to earn your pay....he did it against Danger last year brilliantly, so we can only hope and prey.

I'm just really hoping and confident of seeing the new look Blues outfit just giving their all for 4 quarters, win or lose. Copping the Tuggs round one doesn't come much more challenging really.

:carlton: GO BLUEBOYS!!!!! :carlton:

To my Blues friends on BF (you know who you are), good luck tomorrow night - would be great to win on opening night.

You have some exciting young players, hope you have a good year. (Except against us);)

Still drawn to Arr0w suggestion in developing Cuningham into a run-with player.
It just makes sense and would love to see him pitted up against Martin around the ground, although if he dos go forward...execute plan B....which is??? :)

We don’t have another player on the list who can do what Cunners can in the forwardline. Can’t waste him as a tagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back