Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Groupie's Unofficial Preview Richmond v Carlspoon thread. :rolleyes:

They don't have their Rnd 1 thread up yet.
not even a flag has helped them grow up - such a repulsive, scared little mentality - very proud of the standards here......

Good point, All capable of making something out of nothing.

Fasolo the leading and marking target.
Murphy the clever crumber and sneaky goal-kicker.
Cuningham with the speed on a lead, along with being the pressure forward. Can kick a goal, also.

That's the three I'd have as starting forwards and OK, along with ECurnow and then the mids mixing it up through there, also.

I would not be at all surprised to see Silvagni move past Kennedy actually, I think he's a lot better mover for a midfielder and in general, is capable of playing forward and back, is significantly better defensively and at this stage has a similar ball winning ability.

Just on the Jack vs Kennedy discussion, for what it's worth, Jack's highest disposal game ever (18) is about the same as Kennedy's average last year with his bung ankle/everything, including his 4 touch game in round 1, with his best game in that regard 29 against Hawthorn last year.

Kennedy also averages over a tackle more per game however I'm not sure about the pressure acts, 1%ers, etc. Both have a best goal scoring effort of 3. Midfield craft, including blocks and other complimentary work, Matty is way ahead of Jack, at least to my eye test.

I'm really liking Jack's progression as a midfielder but I'm still picking Matty ahead of him if fit.

kennedy not so sure. We can win the ball without him ATM. we need to kick 100+ again. So focus back to the forwards. Fas not sure either. Really want him to triple earn his spot. Gibbons has looked a tad arsey to me. Cracks in and has done some good things. Jack needs to play. His tackling is handy and pressure around stoppages inside 50 isn't shabby. He's starting to make a bit of nuisance of himself and brings a bit of terrier. As for Polson he moves very well. He's bloody quick too. I really wanna persist with him I think he can something. Made some odd decisions here and there but has the buidling blocks. Also think phillips has shown enough. Getting dragged around by the big Brundy was a good clinic/lesson for him.

Kennedy adds to the goal scoring by releasing Cripps, Dow, Setterfield & co to rest up forward without sacrificing finals-ready physical dominance in the centre. Barring injury, the Bam Bam Man will have made himself indispensable by year's end and have supporters questioning how they ever doubted him.

Fasolo the leading and marking target.
Murphy the clever crumber and sneaky goal-kicker.
Cuningham with the speed on a lead, along with being the pressure forward. Can kick a goal, also.

That's the three I'd have as starting forwards and OK, along with ECurnow and then the mids mixing it up through there, also.
sounds good, harkmanistan......:thumbsu:

There was no baiting at all from GS.

really?

we were talking about lynch and his record against you guys, not sure how that turned into saying we are failures for how last season ended....

strange that :think:

really?

we were talking about lynch and his record against you guys, not sure how that turned into saying we are failures for how last season ended....

strange that :think:

That is your perception.

I didn't see it that way.

As for GS's reply to you.

Says it all!

Bait you for what? You just said it yourself , finish 1st by 2 games ,reigning premier and they blew it when it counted. There’s no second prize in footy and nobody cares who finished on top all we remember is Dom Sheed sinking a dagger through the hearts of the colliwobblers.
All season it was about Richmond back to back but ultimately the season was a massive fail when measured against expectations.
Pressure is on Richmond next week no doubt about it.

That is your perception.

I didn't see it that way.

As for GS's reply to you.

Says it all!

Ok so now a mod is baiting haha

i literally could not care less about what happened last season, has absolutely nothing to do with this season. In saying that, id rather us making it as far as we did as opposed to where you guys ended up....

you can keep trying though :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Ok so now a mod is baiting haha

i literally could not care less about what happened last season, has absolutely nothing to do with this season. In saying that, id rather us making it as far as we did as opposed to where you guys ended up....

you can keep trying though:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Seriously. :rolleyes:

Now you are trolling!

Still adds up to the same thing, no matter how it is dressed up. Shaking up things in the forward line is a valid strategy at times. What it is not, though, is valid reason to select a player as a midfielder when he is several steps down the waiting list at the current time.

When emotional attachment is put aside, we have a number of potential midfielders in the same boat. The answer for each is the same. They have to earn selection in another role, hold their place on merit, fill in some rotations through the midfield, move up the queue.

Cuningham is way out front on that basis, both in his assigned role and with some nice contributions when rotating through the midfield.

Jury is out on Gibbons, but he has done enough. Some would say barely enough, but there's zero point in listing him if we don't intend to see what he's got. We already know he's the best player in the VFL. We need to find out if he can grow.

Any AFL quality midifelder is capable of holding down a place on a flank or in a pocket on merit. If Silvagni can't do that, then it is just wishful thinking to assume that he can walk into the midfield ahead of better credentialed players.

So selecting JSOS, who has played most of his career as a forward, is bad because he is a midfielder but selecting Gibbons when he has played most of his career as a midfielder is good?

Neither JSOS or Gibbons looks like they will be a pure forward, so I will take the one who is coming off a good game, offers us more flexibility and gives us the ability to offer something different in our forward line.

I try to avoid making the team selections. Pretty sensible seeing I’m not on the Match Committee. However if Kreuzer’s fit he plays.

The obvious question here is what is your interpretation of fit?

Able to walk?

Able to run?

Able to join full training?

Able to ruck half the game?

Match fit and able to play a whole game as solo ruck so we can have 1 more mid?

IMHO - he shouldn’t play until he is “Match Fit” as per above.

not even a flag has helped them grow up - such a repulsive, scared little mentality - very proud of the standards here......

Remember those Richmond "supporters" we had the misfortune of sitting near a few years back. Sums up their supporter base perfectly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So selecting JSOS, who has played most of his career as a forward, is bad because he is a midfielder but selecting Gibbons when he has played most of his career as a midfielder is good?

Neither JSOS or Gibbons looks like they will be a pure forward, so I will take the one who is coming off a good game, offers us more flexibility and gives us the ability to offer something different in our forward line.

You are welcome to take whomever you please. Without getting huffy would be nice.

Some may say, however, that you appear to be working on emotion rather than judgement. Which would explain why you don't see the significant difference in scale between a midfielder moving forward and a forward moving into the midfield. Or the unreality of assuming a comparison of VFL form and AFL form, over one week, is of any value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back