Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennedy and Fasolo if ready to go , should be the inclusions, for Polson and Gibbons, I’d love Jack in there too , but just can’t see it yet.
Improving midfield rotation and forward line, Matt is a battering ram of sorts, allows the youngsters to run and deliver the ball to attacking forwards and Alex the skill and experience we lack in the forward line.

I agree however.

I am worried about upsetting our new ability to slow the exits by our opposition from their back. Vs pies we slowed them and showed some team understanding. Poison fits into this.

My worry is Kennedy is not yet on top of his game. I would hope we are actually trying to win this game. We won’t be able to carry a bloke like Kennedy if he is making mistakes or slowing us down. Does he need more time?

I’m looking forward to it and love the fact that we have multiple options. iMHO let the side settle as is(maybe Fasolo in for Gibbons) and let the players performance dictate selection. I want to see more understanding as a team this year.

Match committee know more than we do so in them I will trust.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plowman does what it says on the box, works hard, nothing fancy and gets the job done.

I (rightly or wrongly) rate Plowman higher than most due to his magnificent 1 v 1 playing deep forward against Dangerfield in 2017.

With the 6/6/6 rule and more teams playing a classy mid in forward line (DeGoey/Danger/Dusty/Parker/Patracca for example) there maybe more good match ups this year for the Plow than last year.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really?

we were talking about lynch and his record against you guys, not sure how that turned into saying we are failures for how last season ended....

strange that :think:
just go - DH

last time I got back from a trip to the punt road board......

mud-shower-after-the-race-was-over-it-was-time-to-shower-and-wash-off-all-that-mud-installing-mud-base-shower-pan.jpg

The obvious question here is what is your interpretation of fit?

Able to walk?

Able to run?

Able to join full training?

Able to ruck half the game?

Match fit and able to play a whole game as solo ruck so we can have 1 more mid?

IMHO - he shouldn’t play until he is “Match Fit” as per above.
No it’s not my opinion at all. I’ll defer to Mr Russell.

Ok so now a mod is baiting haha

i literally could not care less about what happened last season, has absolutely nothing to do with this season. In saying that, id rather us making it as far as we did as opposed to where you guys ended up....

you can keep trying though :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You are in a very small minority!!

I had plenty of very vocal Tiger supporting friends last year who were emailing/phoning about footy 4-5 times per week.

Then the Preliminary Final happened - no emails, no phone calls - just silence...........

Effin hilarious - had turned into a bunch of arrogant flogs.

You are welcome to take whomever you please. Without getting huffy would be nice.

Some may say, however, that you appear to be working on emotion rather than judgement. Which would explain why you don't see the significant difference in scale between a midfielder moving forward and a forward moving into the midfield. Or the unreality of assuming a comparison of VFL form and AFL form, over one week, is of any value.

And yet Gibbons is being talked up on the basis of VFL form, last year! And form is one of a number of reasons I listed for Jack of Gibbons, just the one you find easiest to argue.

As for "which would explain why you don't see the significant difference in scale between a midfielder moving forward and a forward moving into the midfield" Jack has played and done well in the midfield before, how many games has Gibbons played as a small forward? Jack has played and done well at AFL level before, how many AFL games has Gibbons played? I believe the answer to those questions offsets the "significant difference in scale" you mention.

JLT 1 they both had similar possessions, similar tackles and similar scoring shots. The next week Jack played VFL and smashed it out of the park, Gibbons played AFL and was a non entity. If you are picking on form, not emotion, Jack is the pick, on top of which he provides more versatility.

And if I was working on emotion I wouldn't be providing detailed reasons and support for my argument, the fact you interpret that as "getting huffy" might point to your own emotional investment.

Last edited:
This is the easiest tipping game of round 1.

I’m not kidding. Those delusional, idiomatic, overrated, loquacious, self important, imposters, from that s**t truck, dumpster fire of a club, won’t know what hit them...

Carlton by PLENTY!

Holy s**t! I just took a look at the Richmond board. Wow! Just wow!!!

My 8 year old niece watched her puppy get run over by a garbage truck, on the same day her parents got divorced...

SHE CRIED LESS THAN THOSE RICHMOND FLOGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back