Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - Thursday 21st March 7:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1412

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will take time recalibrate the new players, but we’ll put the wind up a few an knock off some unexpected ones.
Next year onwards it starts to galvanize better, the gloomy years are over.
Let’s start on the right foot and smack the Tigers on Thursday.
Go Baggers
WeitBot supports this platform.

9 changes from last years game Harks.

Out - Wright (5 goals), Marchbank, Kreuzer, Lamb, Levi, Byrne, JSOS, Kennedy, Mullett.

In - Walsh, McKay, McGov, Fas, DC, Setters, Newman, LOB, Phillips.

Big outs in terms of contribution in Wright, Marchbank and Kreuzer, seem to be offset by the ins.

Big unknown is the new look forward line with DC, Fas, H and Gov - could take a few games for it to click together.

Reading your post made me think that there is a lot of experience that has gone out for this game, Specially if you take out 1 of Lobbe/Phillips
Wright - 159
Marchbank - 35
Kreuzer - 173
Lamb - 66
Levi - 104
Kennedy - 31
Mullett - 98

Out:670+
In 330+

Walsh - 1st game
McKay- 15
McGov - 48
Fas - 101
Setter - 2
Newman - 31
Lobbe - 98
Phillips - 37

Blues might be going in extremely young this year with the sides average games compared to the past

Reading your post made me think that there is a lot of experience that has gone out for this game, Specially if you take out 1 of Lobbe/Phillips
Wright - 159
Marchbank - 35
Kreuzer - 173
Lamb - 66
Levi - 104
Kennedy - 31
Mullett - 98

In 330+

Walsh - 1st game
McKay- 15
McGov - 48
Fas - 101
Setter - 2
Newman - 31
Lobbe - 98
Phillips - 37

Blues might be going in extremely young this year with the sides average games compared to the past
Although you talk in game experience. I'd say that in terms of effective output, Cuningham will more than cover Wright, Fasolo and McGovern more than cover Casboult. Walsh as a first gamer will be more effective with footy in hand than Lamb. Newman > Mullett.

Wright - 159
Marchbank - 35
Kreuzer - 173
Lamb - 66
Levi - 104
Kennedy - 31
Mullett - 98

In 330+

Walsh - 1st game
McKay- 15
McGov - 48
Fas - 101
Setter - 2
Newman - 31
Lobbe - 98
Phillips - 37

Don't you worry about us mate. Worry about your own lot. I think you should be.......

Although you talk in game experience. I'd say that in terms of effective output, Cuningham will more than cover Wright, Fasolo and McGovern more than cover Casboult. Walsh as a first gamer will be more effective with footy in hand than Lamb. Newman > Mullett.

Newman or any new man will comfortably offset Mullett

Wright - 159
Marchbank - 35
Kreuzer - 173
Lamb - 66
Levi - 104
Kennedy - 31
Mullett - 98

In 330+

Walsh - 1st game
McKay- 15
McGov - 48
Fas - 101
Setter - 2
Newman - 31
Lobbe - 98
Phillips - 37

I think we just edge the tigers out with some significant milestones this Thurs.

Riewoldts 250, Rances 200 vs Murphy’s 250 and Walshys 1st....:)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely need to find some naturally crafty small forwards... Iirc I think both gibbons and polson grew up playing midfield and we are trying to turn them into small forwards. Cunners as well.
We’ve been doing this since the Malthouse crowd gave away all our real small forwards.

FWIW we have not much to lose in the way of expectation but Richmond on the other hand dont want to go down as one hit wonders ala bulldogs 2016. Based on 2017 last years finals were a massive fail.
External expectation may be low but we have a lot to lose this season if we don't seriously start to look like a decent football team.

The whole backline was shell shocked without Doc. Jones was constantly caught out of position. Made to look worse IMO because of the other players not covering for him. 8 goals flattered Lynch, he was opportunistic rather than dominant
It was a good game and a goal is a goal but it was a very Jenkins type game. It really shouldn’t give us any nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back