Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wayToGo_

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jacobs got the 3 Brownlow votes in last years game playing against Fyfe.
Fair enough because Fyfe was terrible with his 31 disposals, 8 clearances, 9 score involvements, 8 tackles, 2 contested marks, 1 goal and 6 intercepts :oops: In fairness to Jacobs, Fyfe was looking like he was going to do even more than that.

If only we had more than half a dozen footy players turn up for that game.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I want to win this bad. My lil bro is a die hard North fan and we’ll be there. For the love of god do not give that little turd bragging rights. His banter is too real
I think this game is going to be so close that it is going to come down to the tussle between you versus your lil bro and how passionately you support on the other side of the fence. Don't let us down.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Players missing didn't stop your mob having a crack at us playing against last year's two grand final teams. We were missing at least half a dozen key players in JLT - including 4 of our starting midfield. Cox and BHill also injured early in the game, Mundy and Walters were both managed after niggles early on as well. Fyfe will definitely play. Is Cunnington a certain starter? Latest I heard, he was 50/50. Rushing Tarrant back in seems very risky. Your backline won't be back for Rd 1 (JMac and Williams are injured now as well aren't they?) and neither will the rest of our midfield (nor Cox or Matera).

Like I said it will be a battle of which turd is best. Neither team will be anything close to full strength and both seem very underdone coming into round 1. I personally think you guys are still slight favourites but I don't get why supporters of either team would be gloating about how much better they are - that is what I found hilarious. Both teams were rubbish in JLT - I strongly doubt Fyfe or Cunners coming back in is going to turn either team into rolled gold instantly.

PS Cunners in the same league as Martin, Danger and Fyfe? Seriously? Um, no. More in the Lachie Neale category - good ball winner but nowhere near as impactful as those other three.
Wasn’t here to debate just stating that Cunners and Tarrant would make a huge difference too our spine and I agree with the players you have out would also make a difference.

And yeah p.s you’re right about Cunnington not being in the same league as those 3 even though alot of heads in the footy world consider him highly underrated, either way like I said he holds the record for most contested balls in a game which he got last year against the defending premiers “Richmond” and is ranked 10th in the afl player ratings? Our midfields got no real grunt without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monument Hills

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wildcats Cockburn Watersliders
Poor old crozier looked like a roo getting bounced off a road train
Crozier always reminded me of that really talented U12 kid that would be asked to play up in U14 to make up numbers but just didn't have the size to really show his talent amongst the bigger kids.

heavho

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Match committee could very well come down to last selection of giro and Bewley for last spot in 22. Surely Bewley would get the nod? l

Top Bottom