Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, forgive the intrusion. Just hoping you can provide some info on valente. I’ve heard he’s injured, but also saw a Freo poster say he’ll play in a week or two. Is that the case?

P.s go Conca go

Hi guys, forgive the intrusion. Just hoping you can provide some info on valente. I’ve heard he’s injured, but also saw a Freo poster say he’ll play in a week or two. Is that the case?

P.s go Conca go

He trained today, hoping to play Peel next week someone said that was at training.
He's got a groin issue apparently

P.s go Conca go

Has potential to be a Cerra type situation where he is thrown to the wolves in round 3 or so after a couple of good wafl games. I hope he gets time to build but if we’re 0-3 after losing to St Kilda, with a record 24 consecutive goals conceded in row, he’ll get good fantasy opportunities.

Think my plan is to trade down from gibbons if that scenario plays out. make some quick coin and bring in Luke

For the record, Cox kicked 18.14 in 2018 which compares favorably with many players (including most of ours).

For the record, he kicked 4.11 in 2017, we don't know which year is the norm and which is the outlier yet. We got Jack Anthony on the basis of a good year, Mayne was a dead eye dick for a year. One good year is not enough.

Sitting at the trade table at the end of 2018, you would be silly to back Cox as your main CHF for the next decade, he has potential but has a long way to go yet and could be like many others chewed up and spat out by the footy industry before they're 25.

Has potential to be a Cerra type situation where he is thrown to the wolves in round 3 or so after a couple of good wafl games. I hope he gets time to build but if we’re 0-3 after losing to St Kilda, with a record 24 consecutive goals conceded in row, he’ll get good fantasy opportunities.
Speaking of good fantasy opportunities... how good will it be to see #29 running around again

For the record, he kicked 4.11 in 2017, we don't know which year is the norm and which is the outlier yet. We got Jack Anthony on the basis of a good year, Mayne was a dead eye dick for a year. One good year is not enough.

Sitting at the trade table at the end of 2018, you would be silly to back Cox as your main CHF for the next decade, he has potential but has a long way to go yet and could be like many others chewed up and spat out by the footy industry before they're 25.

Jeez , a good year as a 21 yr old without much help around him is a bit different to those blokes

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jeez , a good year as a 21 yr old without much help around him is a bit different to those blokes

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

But that is precisely it though. He has 1 good year (so far) as an apprentice player. You don't plan your forward line for the next 5 years around a CHF that is so unproven. That is not a knock on the bloke, that is the reality for any young kpf.

Why is Darcy a long way off full fitness?

He has completed the entire preseason. Got a tight back a week before the first Jlt game. Am I missing something or are people just trying to make things sound worse then they are?

I can see why we disagree so greatly on this…you have no idea what I know about this…I was thinking of that other Darcy wannabe…this guy…

1553093008306.png

I think we can both agree this guy would clearly be well short of full match fitness. Don’t know what the club was thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conca on the flank but I don't see why it's a mutually exclusive situation. Cerra is our most promising midfielder under the age of Nat Fyfe.

Nyhuis played his juniors at half back, Banfield could play anywhere and has that 'yep gotcha' mentality that means he'll try hard wherever he is, Hughes has gone downhill since his first few games but he can go there, or else we can do the smart thing and play Mundy as a half-back so we can get midfield, proper formative minutes into the Brayshaw and Cerra gang.

Brayshaw is our most promising young mid. Amazing a bottom ager in his 2nd gear racking up 20+ disposals, multiple clearances against the two grand finalists. He’ll captain the club in the future. I actually think he’ll be better than his brother and take home Charlie.

Where has Schultz been during the pre-season?

How can he just come in and get a game after seemingly being overlooked for both JLT games.

Was he injured?

I'd love Bewley and Shultz in. We're not looking particularly crash hot so I'm not sure why we'd waste games on Colyer/Ballas when we have younger (arguably already better) talent on the sidelines. Might gee the team up a bit as well to have a couple of debuts.

I still can't work out whether we are a good chance to win this or not? That seems crazy given all our injuries and that they managed to beat us last year at home. But last season it was in the middle of that woeful form patch, our tallest forward was Cox, we were playing far from our best but were still within 3 points of them and had the momentum until Sandilands got injured in the 4th quarter. Then Goldstein dominated Cox in the ruck and they scored 4 goals to zip for the remainder of the game, and they put two players behind the ball to defend their lead for the last 5 minutes.

And of course the good old Hamling non-free where he almost had his body pulled apart trying to get to the ball and they called play on, allowing another NM player to run i50, collect the ball and kick the goal, that shifted the momentum completely and started that 4 goal haul at the end.

NM are missing most of their top performers from that game. Waite, arguably their most important with 3 goals and involved in plenty more. Thompson, who almost broke an intercept record. Jacobs, who did a reasonable job on Fyfe. Anderson, who was their most damaging inside mid in that game. Cunnington and Higgins got a bit of the ball but did little with it - only 4 score involvements each. Turner and Atley were probably their best performers who will still be in their team.

Meanwhile our three best in that game - Mundy, Walters and Fyfe will likely be our starting midfield. Cox was really good in that game (until he had to ruck) but hopefully Lobb can fill that void (and will be better when in the ruck), and our smalls can take better advantage than they did last time. McCarthy should be motivated to play out of his skin.

We can make excuses but really we should be a chance to win this game. Even if we lose but are competitive we can get our season on track pretty quickly as more players come back in over the coming weeks. If we aren't, we're going to be pushing **** up hill for a while.

I still can't work out whether we are a good chance to win this or not? That seems crazy given all our injuries and that they managed to beat us last year at home. But last season it was in the middle of that woeful form patch, our tallest forward was Cox, we were playing far from our best but were still within 3 points of them and had the momentum until Sandilands got injured in the 4th quarter. Then Goldstein dominated Cox in the ruck and they scored 4 goals to zip for the remainder of the game, and they put two players behind the ball to defend their lead for the last 5 minutes.

And of course the good old Hamling non-free where he almost had his body pulled apart trying to get to the ball and they called play on, allowing another NM player to run i50, collect the ball and kick the goal, that shifted the momentum completely and started that 4 goal haul at the end.

NM are missing most of their top performers from that game. Waite, arguably their most important with 3 goals and involved in plenty more. Thompson, who almost broke an intercept record. Jacobs, who did a reasonable job on Fyfe. Anderson, who was their most damaging inside mid in that game. Cunnington and Higgins got a bit of the ball but did little with it - only 4 score involvements each. Turner and Atley were probably their best performers who will still be in their team.

Meanwhile our three best in that game - Mundy, Walters and Fyfe will likely be our starting midfield. Cox was really good in that game (until he had to ruck) but hopefully Lobb can fill that void (and will be better when in the ruck), and our smalls can take better advantage than they did last time. McCarthy should be motivated to play out of his skin.

We can make excuses but really we should be a chance to win this game. Even if we lose but are competitive we can get our season on track pretty quickly as more players come back in over the coming weeks. If we aren't, we're going to be pushing **** up hill for a while.
I’m a tad the same. This time last week I would have said yes, but it’s hard to think what’s taken place this week won’t have an impact, it’s sucked the fun out of footy somewhat.

Even if not 100%, they’ll roll the dice and play Tabs. Purely for structural reasons. McCarthy will get absolutelt destroyed as second forward. He’s to be the third and fourth forward to kick goals. Without Tabs last year, our structure and forward line was dysfunctional. Just play him this week if he’s okay.

Thats all well and good but they have Jaspar Pittard this game...

Post of the week.

The stuff that has happened over the last week impacts on fans. We are the idiots that read the papers and listen to the radio -- not the players.

Someone missing impacts the rest of the playing group for about 5 minutes. And then they get back to preparing for the game.

B Chisholm Haddrill S Parker
HB Kickett McPharlin Hayden
W McManus Fletcher S Hill
HF Medhurst Pavlich Abraham
F Farmer Modra J Longmuir
R Michael Allan Bell
IC Wills Waterhouse Woods Norrish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back