“Roo’s smashed by a Tall Timbered Freo”

“A Forward line!”

“North shocker as Hogan makes Wallabies out of Roo’s”

“Walters kicks 8 in a crumbing Clinic”

“The Lobb Hogan show!”

“Who’s Neale?”

“Freo Forward line on fire, scary - they haven’t even jelled yet”

“Top 8 tipped for high scoring Dockers”

“Ross goes back to the drawing board” (hope not!)

Last edited:

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Freo by a zillion!

Headline’s to read:

“Roo’s smashed by a Tall Timbered Freo”

“A Forward line!”

“North shocker as Hogan makes Wallabies out of Roo’s”

“Walters kicks 8 in a crumbing Clinic”

“The Lobb Hogan show!”

“Who’s Neale?”

“Freo Forward line on fire, scary - they haven’t even jelled yet”

“Top 8 tipped for high scoring Dockers”

“Ross goes back to the drawing board” (hope not!)
obviously not in a local paper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Banfield makes Hall cry at Optus again
What position was Hall playing at the time? I assume Banfield would go to Higgins again, not Hall.

For those of you wondering what our Round 1 team might look like, the consensus on our Board is that we now probably have 30 'best 22' types on the list. With Polec, Hall and Tyson we've added (much needed) depth to our midfield and with Pittard, further depth to the back line stocks. Midfielders capable of playing AFL in 2018: Higgins, Cunnington, Jacobs, Polec, Hall, Dumont, Anderson, Ahern, LDU. This isn't a suggestion it's better than yours, simply noting a depth we haven't previously been able to draw on.

Our main list deficiencies are a back up ruck for Goldstein - maybe someone like Tom Campbell via SSP, though Goldy has been very physically resilient - and how to fill the KPF position vacated by Waite. Ben McKay, despite being played back in the VFL can play forward, or Daw, after finally getting some continuity and confidence down back might be swung forward again, or a rotation between them. Larkey probably not ready physically yet. By the way, Thompson is suspended for Rd.1.

That said, here's a 'straw man' shot at a Rd.1 NM team:

B: Vickers-Willis - Tarrant - Williams
HB: Macmillan - McKay - Pittard
C: Dumont - Cunnington - Polec
HF: Atley - Daw - Tyson
F: Ziebell - Brown - Simpkin
R: Goldstein - Higgins - Jacobs

I/C: Ahern, Wood, Anderson, Hall

Back line depth: McDonald, Murphy, Wright, Durdin
Mid depth: Davies-Uniacke, Hrovat
Forward depth: from Garner (if fit), Zurhaar, Turner, Walker

I haven't included any of the 2018 draftees, including Thomas, Scott, Taylor, Crocker, McKenzie or Wilkinson, or any 2017 or earlier draftees that haven't yet debuted. Thomas is a possibility as a top ten pick but will need to build his endurance, or Wilkinson as a mature age small forward rookie.

17 weeks, exactly, at 3:20pm today. :) :footy: :thumbsu: ... despite Brad Scott's 1-8 record in Rd 1. o_O

p.s. This, and all other WA games early in the season, should be scheduled for evenings! :rage:

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
What position was Hall playing at the time? I assume Banfield would go to Higgins again, not Hall.

For those of you wondering what our Round 1 team might look like, the consensus on our Board is that we now probably have 30 'best 22' types on the list. With Polec, Hall and Tyson we've added (much needed) depth to our midfield and with Pittard, further depth to the back line stocks. Midfielders capable of playing AFL in 2018: Higgins, Cunnington, Jacobs, Polec, Hall, Dumont, Anderson, Ahern, LDU. This isn't a suggestion it's better than yours, simply noting a depth we haven't previously been able to draw on.

Our main list deficiencies are a back up ruck for Goldstein - maybe someone like Tom Campbell via SSP, though Goldy has been very physically resilient - and how to fill the KPF position vacated by Waite. Ben McKay, despite being played back in the VFL can play forward, or Daw, after finally getting some continuity and confidence down back might be swung forward again, or a rotation between them. Larkey probably not ready physically yet. By the way, Thompson is suspended for Rd.1.

I haven't included any of the 2018 draftees, including Thomas, Scott, Taylor, Crocker, McKenzie or Wilkinson, or any 2017 or earlier draftees that haven't yet debuted. Thomas is a possibility as a top ten pick but will need to build his endurance, or Wilkinson as a mature age small forward rookie.

17 weeks, exactly, at 3:20pm today. :) :footy: :thumbsu: ... despite Brad Scott's 1-8 record in Rd 1. o_O

p.s. This, and all other WA games early in the season, should be scheduled for evenings! :rage:
So Davies-Uniacke is only a depth player? Is that a bit disappointing for your top draft pick last year?

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle

I agree about evenings or even night

Player welfare etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back