Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Its nigh on impossible to predict the final 22 for the North game as we do not know which players will do their hammies between now and then.

But I will give it a shot.

Ryan - Hamling - Hughes
Wilson - Pearce - Cerra
Bhill - Fyfe - Langdon
Banfield - Hogan - McCarthy
Ballantine - Lobb - Walters

Darcy - Conca - Brayshaw

Giro - Mundy - Tucker - Dumin

Assuming that all of Cox, Sandi, Blakely, Taberner, Dixon, Shill, Valente and Logue are still unfit and Matera is suspended.
God we ll lose. Hogan and Lobb together with McCarthy. Ha. Would rather play Jones ahead of McCarthy at this point in time.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Its nigh on impossible to predict the final 22 for the North game as we do not know which players will do their hammies between now and then.

But I will give it a shot.

Ryan - Hamling - Hughes
Wilson - Pearce - Cerra
Bhill - Fyfe - Langdon
Banfield - Hogan - McCarthy
Ballantine - Lobb - Walters

Darcy - Conca - Brayshaw

Giro - Mundy - Tucker - Dumin

Assuming that all of Cox, Sandi, Blakely, Taberner, Dixon, Shill, Valente and Logue are still unfit and Matera is suspended.
looks about right but I would guess that Tabs will be playing instead of Dardy and yesterday was just a precaution from tightness/cramping post-40 degree JLT1 6 days earlier

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
Regardless of whether you want matera playing or not, there's obviously a very different interpretation of what a strike is when it comes from a Fremantle player going off the footage they played on channel 7.

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Regardless of whether you want matera playing or not, there's obviously a very different interpretation of what a strike is when it comes from a Fremantle player going off the footage they played on channel 7.

Looked pretty clear cut to me. Raised forearm to the head. He’s lucky it wasn’t rough conduct with medium impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiftyFive50

Senior List
Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You should all definitely go and read the Norf board now. It is hilarious. My personal favourite is this one:

From someone semi sensible who realises they just lost to St Kilda and Port Adelaide in the JLT:

From our favourite hissing fan boi:

Hmmm... So West Coast just won a premiership... and North just lost to St Kilda and Port Adelaide in JLT. Yep almost the same really :oops:

So much over confidence from them. Love it. Many would assume it couldn't get more crappy than we were today... clearly you did not watch North's JLT games. The most likely scenario might be a nil all draw come round 1. It will be a battle of which turd is less stinky.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

We had no backline what so ever and never played Cunnington which is our equivalent of Richmond not playing Martin Geelong not playing danger or you guys without Fyfe he’s our clearance and contested bull, holds the record for contested possessions if I’m not mistaken? if tarrants fit by rd 1 him and cunners will be the difference but beyond all the bullshit I hope it’s a close match and both our sides have an okay year being underdogs and all 👍

[/QUOTE]

We had no backline what so ever and never played Cunnington which is our equivalent of Richmond not playing Martin Geelong not playing danger or you guys without Fyfe he’s our clearance and contested bull, holds the record for contested possessions if I’m not mistaken? if tarrants fit by rd 1 him and cunners will be the difference but beyond all the bullshit I hope it’s a close match and both our sides have an okay year being underdogs and all 👍[/QUOTE]

Cunnington a certain starter?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
We had no backline what so ever and never played Cunnington which is our equivalent of Richmond not playing Martin Geelong not playing danger or you guys without Fyfe he’s our clearance and contested bull, holds the record for contested possessions if I’m not mistaken? if tarrants fit by rd 1 him and cunners will be the difference but beyond all the bullshit I hope it’s a close match and both our sides have an okay year being underdogs and all 👍
Players missing didn't stop your mob having a crack at us playing against last year's two grand final teams. We were missing at least half a dozen key players in JLT - including 4 of our starting midfield. Cox and BHill also injured early in the game, Mundy and Walters were both managed after niggles early on as well. Fyfe will definitely play. Is Cunnington a certain starter? Latest I heard, he was 50/50. Rushing Tarrant back in seems very risky. Your backline won't be back for Rd 1 (JMac and Williams are injured now as well aren't they?) and neither will the rest of our midfield (nor Cox or Matera).

Like I said it will be a battle of which turd is best. Neither team will be anything close to full strength and both seem very underdone coming into round 1. I personally think you guys are still slight favourites but I don't get why supporters of either team would be gloating about how much better they are - that is what I found hilarious. Both teams were rubbish in JLT - I strongly doubt Fyfe or Cunners coming back in is going to turn either team into rolled gold instantly.

PS Cunners in the same league as Martin, Danger and Fyfe? Seriously? Um, no. More in the Lachie Neale category - good ball winner but nowhere near as impactful as those other three.

Players missing didn't stop your mob having a crack at us playing against last year's two grand final teams. We were missing at least half a dozen key players in JLT - including 4 of our starting midfield. Cox and BHill also injured early in the game, Mundy and Walters were both managed after niggles early on as well. Fyfe will definitely play. Is Cunnington a certain starter? Latest I heard, he was 50/50. Rushing Tarrant back in seems very risky. Your backline won't be back for Rd 1 (JMac and Williams are injured now as well aren't they?) and neither will the rest of our midfield (nor Cox or Matera).

Like I said it will be a battle of which turd is best. Neither team will be anything close to full strength and both seem very underdone coming into round 1. I personally think you guys are still slight favourites but I don't get why supporters of either team would be gloating about how much better they are - that is what I found hilarious. Both teams were rubbish in JLT - I strongly doubt Fyfe or Cunners coming back in is going to turn either team into rolled gold instantly.

PS Cunners in the same league as Martin, Danger and Fyfe? Seriously? Um, no. More in the Lachie Neale category - good ball winner but nowhere near as impactful as those other three.

In regard to importance to their team is clearly what he is pointing to, which is a valid argument.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
In regard to importance to their team is clearly what he is pointing to, which is a valid argument.
Tbh his post didn't make a lot of sense at all given the post of mine he was responding to. I just wanted to use it as an opportunity make fun of that 'Hogans not playing' guy again given he's lurking.

North's running game will be a greater problem than their defence.

Yep - our defenders will be aiming to just kill contests and bring the ball to ground. Higgins, Ahern, Hall, Dumont, Simpkin - that's where the damage will be done (if we do any lol)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So from best 22 we will be without Hill, Blakley, Sandi (?), Cox, Matera, Logue (?).

Whose going to be missing from Norths best?
Thompson, Tarrant, Daw. Anyone else? Tarrant a certainty to miss?

Jacobs won't play and he's absolutely best 22. Taylor Garner too but he's been injured so long and so often we've kind of moved on without him. Questions over Macmillan and Williams it seems.

I'm pretty sure Taz will be right though.

Silver finger

Senior List
Mar 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both Freo and North had s**t JLT and injury list so far, I reckon.
I cannot be positive about North with tall player's absence and their improvement at the moment.
Like odds shows, I think Freo is a bit advantage about this game.
we need Tarrant, Anderson, Wiilium, Jmac and Cunnington back.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jacobs got the 3 Brownlow votes in last years game playing against Fyfe.
Fair enough because Fyfe was terrible with his 31 disposals, 8 clearances, 9 score involvements, 8 tackles, 2 contested marks, 1 goal and 6 intercepts :oops: In fairness to Jacobs, Fyfe was looking like he was going to do even more than that.

If only we had more than half a dozen footy players turn up for that game.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I want to win this bad. My lil bro is a die hard North fan and we’ll be there. For the love of god do not give that little turd bragging rights. His banter is too real
I think this game is going to be so close that it is going to come down to the tussle between you versus your lil bro and how passionately you support on the other side of the fence. Don't let us down.

FiftyFive50

Senior List
Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Wasn’t here to debate just stating that Cunners and Tarrant would make a huge difference too our spine and I agree with the players you have out would also make a difference.

And yeah p.s you’re right about Cunnington not being in the same league as those 3 even though alot of heads in the footy world consider him highly underrated, either way like I said he holds the record for most contested balls in a game which he got last year against the defending premiers “Richmond” and is ranked 10th in the afl player ratings? Our midfields got no real grunt without him.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like Cunnington, he's very tough.
Aint no good in the air though.
Fyfe, our most important mid, is actually frightening in the air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back