FB: Jetta O. McDonald Hore
HB: Hibberd Frost Salem
C: Harmes Jones Brayshaw
HF: Melksham T. McDonald Petracca
FF: Spargo Weideman vandenBerg
RUC: Gawn Oliver Viney
INT: Lewis Neal-Bullen Fritsch J. Smith

EMERG: C. Wagner Hunt J. Wagner Stretch

My attempt. Pretty full strength! Get excited!!!

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
AFL.com.au's attempt at naming our Round 1 side ...

B: Neville Jetta, Oscar McDonald, Marty Hore
HB: Michael Hibberd, Sam Frost, Jordan Lewis
C: Christian Salem, Angus Brayshaw, Nathan Jones
HF: Alex Neal-Bullen, Tom McDonald, Jake Melksham
F: Christian Petracca, Sam Weideman, Joel Smith
Foll: Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver, Jack Viney
I/C: Aaron vandenBerg, Bayley Fritsch, James Harmes, Jayden Hunt
EMERG: Billy Stretch, Charlie Spargo, Corey Wagner, Declan Keilty

Actually looks pretty good to me. Hore or Frost to come out the following week for May
Looks pretty good. I would like spargo in the team probably have hunt out.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Looks pretty good. I would like spargo in the team probably have hunt out.
I was decidedly underwhelmed with Spargo in the JLT, where as in the limited time that Hunt spent forward, he hit the scoreboard, and caused some trouble for the defence bringing the ball out. Spargo spent 8 JLT qrts in the forward line for little effect, Hunt spent 2, kicked a couple and caused some issues, reckon he gets first crack

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
hey guys are u expecting harmes to play a run-with role against port? if so, would it be on rocky or gray?

I think he will rotate, he doesn't play a hard tag just a stoppage one so if Gray contests a centre bounce then goes forward Harmes won't follow him..

I honestly have a sneaky feeling he might stand next to Powell Pepper at centre bounces. He's explosive an dangerous but also not a 2 way player yet an Harmes can hurt that type

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Is Hore really a lock for R1? Thought he was only so-so in JLT.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really seems like we are hard on the like for like system. So Hore is the understudy for Lever and Smith for Hannan.

Personally I'd play frost an give him no instructions except see the ball get the ball, see someone else with the ball get them.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Really seems like we are hard on the like for like system. So Hore is the understudy for Lever and Smith for Hannan.

Personally I'd play frost an give him no instructions except see the ball get the ball, see someone else with the ball get them.

I like it. He’s a great athlete. Find a way to coach him up to avoid the major gaffes and get him out there.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Frost just needs to play within his limits. That's exactly what he was doing late last season, going on crazy Frosty runs, and bombing it in the general direction of contests, rather than trying to be too cute or actually hit targets. As long he doesn't start thinking he's Salem coming off half back, he should be fine

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Frost just needs to play within his limits. That's exactly what he was doing late last season, going on crazy Frosty runs, and bombing it in the general direction of contests, rather than trying to be too cute or actually hit targets. As long he doesn't start thinking he's Salem coming off half back, he should be fine

Problem is he is the worst judge of the ball in the air on our list, and he kinda needs to play on taller guys usually.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
hey guys sorry to intrude but asking fantasy related question, is Preuss going to get a look in early on or will you guys be most likely going in with just Gawn? cheers.
sounds to me like Preuss will be made to earn his spot in the VFL, how long it takes him to do that is anyone's guess.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was decidedly underwhelmed with Spargo in the JLT, where as in the limited time that Hunt spent forward, he hit the scoreboard, and caused some trouble for the defence bringing the ball out. Spargo spent 8 JLT qrts in the forward line for little effect, Hunt spent 2, kicked a couple and caused some issues, reckon he gets first crack
That's fair enough, admittedly I only watched 2 quarters of the Richmond game in the JLT, so I'm only really going on home and away form. I get that the JLT series is a chance to experiment with players and perhaps playing hunt forward might rejuvenate hunts career. But hunts biggest asset is his running pace off the backline and breaking through zones, that's what he needs to be doing in the side imo. I guess it comes down to the person/people who picked this side, did they pick hunt as a forward or defender. Because he's been out of form for a while regardless of jlt.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
That's fair enough, admittedly I only watched 2 quarters of the Richmond game in the JLT, so I'm only really going on home and away form. I get that the JLT series is a chance to experiment with players and perhaps playing hunt forward might rejuvenate hunts career. But hunts biggest asset is his running pace off the backline and breaking through zones, that's what he needs to be doing in the side imo. I guess it comes down to the person/people who picked this side, did they pick hunt as a forward or defender. Because he's been out of form for a while regardless of jlt.
JLT is you opportunity to show you have regained some form surely?

Anyway, Hunt goes in I reckon. It’s not as though we have this amazing elite team of clean ball users. He just needs to bop about with enthusiasm and he blends in. If one or two goals come of it, thumbs up.

Back