Autopsy Rnd 10 2018 Swans vs Brisvegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Rohan would be my preferred alternative. Or if we want to reduce the load on Sinclair, bringing Darcy Cameron in as a trial and playing Sinclair in the forward 50 a bit more.

Rohan really? So we go small again? It doesn’t work. Yeah yeah “Rohan can play tall”..fact is McCartin at worst creates a contest from a long kick.

Sinclair is playing good footy in the ruck we don’t need to change something that is working

Gary Rohan would be my preferred alternative. Or if we want to reduce the load on Sinclair, bringing Darcy Cameron in as a trial and playing Sinclair in the forward 50 a bit more.

Rohan was not performing though. He was averaging less than a goal a game, and that's playing as the virtual full forward out of the goal square! Just not good enough and he had to be held accountable. It's not a good look when a guy gets carried through the season on that sort of output. Rohan would probably be in most people's best 22 including my own, but not on the form he was showing. He has to go to the reserves and find better form so that he can justify that best 22 spot. Until he does that, why not give the kid a chance and get some games into him?

He played a decent game, but the bolded is a bit of a stretch.

Not really. He did look dangerous, as he has pace around the contest and gets himself into the right spot. Just because his numbers were small doesn't mean he wasn't a presence. Just like another low-possession forward I can think of ;)

Gary Rohan is a very different player to McCartin and his body probably wouldn't hold up to repetitive inside 50 contests.

McCartin has great endurance and was fantastic against Fremantle.

He was always going to struggle in the wet against Brisbane but he still brings the ball to ground and uses his endurance running to create space for our forwards.

I think McCartin is safe in our team for quite a while yet (Unless at some point he needs to be rested).

Rohan really? So we go small again? It doesn’t work. Yeah yeah “Rohan can play tall”..fact is McCartin at worst creates a contest from a long kick.

Sinclair is playing good footy in the ruck we don’t need to change something that is working

Any chance of you posting a new thread to edit later for the Carlton game preview

Gardiner for the Lions lucky not to go for his punch to the back of the head on Will Hayward. Whilst he was probably trying to just get a bit of jumper he ended up punching his head. No effect to Hayward anyway so no big deal but maybe a tad lucky.
Carlisile likes this.

Roo.v.2 does not.

Gary Rohan is a very different player to McCartin and his body probably wouldn't hold up to repetitive inside 50 contests.

He was always going to struggle in the wet against Brisbane but he still brings the ball to ground and uses his endurance running to create space for our forwards.

I think McCartin is safe in our team for quite a while yet (Unless at some point he needs to be rested).
Hey Bonz.
Nice to see you posting.:)

‘’

Yeah Reid’s spot is the one he is keeping warm

Cheers mate just itching to get started with the chat. Thought you could set it up and complete it later. I should be the last person pushing a fellow baby support drone.

Yeah no worries meant to do it yesterday but Home things took over as you can expect

all the goals.jpg

Would have been a tough call to have made but there was a reason jones was flat on his face whilst Zorko kicked his goal.

Lions fans were complaining about the tough run with the umps on the way home. Felt they got kick after kick watching live. Haven't watched the replay yet though to really judge. All about perspective I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan starred over the weekend as gameday emergency. Yes there were no possessions but there was not one clanger. The inferred pressure was immense.

Have you forgotten the Geelong game?

Have you forgotten the Geelong game?

So one game? What happened the next week...

Does not work consistently.

We need that 2nd tall so that Buddy isn't stationed FWD all game having 3-4 defenders on him.

So one game? What happened the next week...

Does not work consistently.

We need that 2nd tall so that Buddy isn't stationed FWD all game having 3-4 defenders on him.
The same as what happened in Round 2 (when we were tall), we lost! The only difference is, we shouldn’t have lost to North. Now if you want to be clever...make a valid point!

I admire Mick O's resilient support for GR, a cause that is invariably lost.
I don’t see at all where I mentioned Gary Rohan, I don’t see at all where I implied Gary Rohan. I don’t see at all why you would bring up such a ridiculous statement unless you’re one of those people who, no matter how the team is going, just wants to kick anyone that is down. Who’s next? You’ve done Rohan, you’ve done Hannebery, you’ve probably done Reid, there has to be someone doesn’t there?

I don’t see at all where I mentioned Gary Rohan, I don’t see at all where I implied Gary Rohan. I don’t see at all why you would bring up such a ridiculous statement!

My misinterpretation then.

... and re Hanners, I have mainly noted he has been playing injured for a long time and he might be cooked if the Club does not look after him. That is the only explanation for his form.

FWIW I am a Reid fan

There is only 3cm difference between them, so it's not like we're going really short with Rohan compared to McCartin. He gets less of it than Rohan does, which I'm sure we all agree isn't a great benchmark anyways. It comes down to whether you prefer the pressure acts of Gary or the bringing it to ground of Tom, neither of which are particularly measurable.

And regardless of how well Sinclair is going (and he's having a fantastic year!), he'll need to have his load managed, so I'd be inclined to bring a second ruckman in and give him some time in the forward line to ensure he is primed for September.
Rohan was not performing though. He was averaging less than a goal a game, and that's playing as the virtual full forward out of the goal square! Just not good enough and he had to be held accountable. It's not a good look when a guy gets carried through the season on that sort of output. Rohan would probably be in most people's best 22 including my own, but not on the form he was showing. He has to go to the reserves and find better form so that he can justify that best 22 spot. Until he does that, why not give the kid a chance and get some games into him?

Not really. He did look dangerous, as he has pace around the contest and gets himself into the right spot. Just because his numbers were small doesn't mean he wasn't a presence. Just like another low-possession forward I can think of ;)
Yeah I agree with you. Rohan deserved to be dropped and I think it sends the right message to the rest of the squad too. I just think I prefer what he offers over McCartin at this stage.

There is only 3cm difference between them, so it's not like we're going really short with Rohan compared to McCartin. He gets less of it than Rohan does, which I'm sure we all agree isn't a great benchmark anyways. It comes down to whether you prefer the pressure acts of Gary or the bringing it to ground of Tom, neither of which are particularly measurable.

And regardless of how well Sinclair is going (and he's having a fantastic year!), he'll need to have his load managed, so I'd be inclined to bring a second ruckman in and give him some time in the forward line to ensure he is primed for September.

Rohan needs to show a BLOCK of form in the NEAFL. Dropping him for a week won't help him and it won't help the team as a whole for him coming back and getting his usual 5 possessions a game. I'd rather give McCartin until the bye.

The bye is coming up and we aren't in the position to rest players, there is literally percentage between say 3rd and 8th!

The same as what happened in Round 2 (when we were tall), we lost! The only difference is, we shouldn’t have lost to North. Now if you want to be clever...make a valid point!

Structurally you need two talls for our gameplan unless you are planning to change our gameplan (and I've given up on Horse doing that). We need to keep our structures.

I dont think ive seen a better game from rampe.

I havnt checked stats but i barely noticed parker all night
I thought it was a game of bookends. Defence played out of their skins, forwards barring Bud and McCartin did well. But the midfield was sheissen with the exception of Hewett and Heeney. Parker and Hannebery were pretty bloody awful. JPK is way off his best. If we are to challenge for greatness at the end of the season, there is a shedload of improvement required in the engine room. We are miles from our potential with three months to sort it out. What is amazing is that we are sitting fourth with so much upside formwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back