AFL Autopsy Rnd 10: 38 Point loss to the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

On Woosha and the media, besides the Sydney game, we have not been belted, we have been holding our own, sure we are a few players short but if when the 12 suspensions happened, there was talk about a stream of 100+ point losses and it just hasn't happened, we have seen improvement, the young ones have all shown a bit of promise so there really is no need for Woosha to go hard publicly, we are playing competitive footy, it might not be great footy but heck when you are second last this level has been pretty good, we have several other young players who will come in and if they can match the first few then we will be very well placed for 2017.

If at this time next year if we are playing this level then he can go harder.

Disagree, it will be the fastest way to lose the players, particularly the 12, they don't want to be around negative B.S, disunity is all that would result if Woosha went to town on the players in the public.
Not by Woosha, more the media. They sympathize our players like they're babies. To prove them wrong is quite motivational.

A public outing could bring them to reality. There has been comments made by Woosha that would hurt players already. I believe more of the journos need to get stuck into essendons performance, it will be for the best.
I think they do need to put the iron fist down, mistakes of our game are coming from not working hard enough which is just lazy.

Hearing some of parish's comments about doing the little things. He's a true student of the game and wants to be as good as he can. Annoying that team mates point out how hard he tries and being a professional. Just shows me that they are not.

I don't think it would solve anything to have a go at players who are clearly trying their best. Round 3 next year is about the next time I can see a public berating being helpful at all.

I'm sure behind the scenes, the young guys are getting the guidance and the senior guys are all old enough to know where they're at. We want them all continuing to give everything. Their will is pretty much all we have to go on, don't want to see that crushed with any public disunity. Wins this year are largely irrelevant compared to continued effort and improvement. Richmond are a lot better side now than they were at the start of the year.

ant555 can you elaborate on your Ambrose comment? I thought his job was good on Jack.
I agree, I thought he did quite a good job. Jack is a tough guy to play on, he's probably the smartest player on our list which you wouldn't often say about a tall forward. Sure it might have been a bit different had he kicked straight but it was far from Jack's best for the year.

You guys must be pretty happy with how you're going I reckon, obviously aren't going to have the cattle to get the job done most weeks but the fact you've managed to keep the competitiveness and effort levels up to a high level is pretty commendable imo. You've exceeded how well I though't you would play this year so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back