AFL Autopsy Rnd 10: 38 Point loss to the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Really poor from a lot of senior blokes.

The quality and class is being shown by a few kids and Tippa.

You could chop a fair few out. Rather Jerrett or Ashby over Crowley.

Hopefully Laverde and Francis can get a game in the next month.

Langford looked shot at stages. May be carrying something or workload getting to him.
Would look at Ashby over Gleeson for a month.

Good:
- Parish & Fantapants
- Effort
- Joe up the ground
- The pizza we ordered

Bad:
- Crowley, Bird
- Our turnovers (often immediately after their turnovers)
- How hard it is for us to score. Always. Always.

Just sick of losing to very poor teams. Oh well.

On the bright side: Wallalalalalalalalalala!!!!!! What a ******* star this guy is. People compare him to a lot of players (generally black ones) but I'm going to come out of left field, and I'm going to compare him to Dustin Fletcher. No s**t.

I haven't felt as comfortable when I see a particular player take possession as I do with this guy since Fletch. Non EFC folk never understood that what made Fletch so good was his composure. Walla has got it too. He never ******* panics.

Not only am I 100% certain that everything is gonna be ok when he gets it but I'm about 85% convinced he's going to do something absurdly magical on top of just takin' care of business.

Rapidly becoming my favourite player and I'm babbling but could turn into one of the best EFC players to watch in decades
Good call RE: Fletch

Also, the fact the club have already given him the responsibility of kicking out they agree with you. Just Mr. Reliable.

Really poor from a lot of senior blokes.

The quality and class is being shown by a few kids and Tippa.

You could chop a fair few out. Rather Jerrett or Ashby over Crowley.

Hopefully Laverde and Francis can get a game in the next month.

Langford looked shot at stages. May be carrying something or workload getting to him.
Would look at Ashby over Gleeson for a month.
Cooney was just about the only senior (over 28) that did anything this evening. Bird and Crowley useless and BJ just aint himself, just not backing himself like he always did. It's a worry.

So many great things in the game, i loved it. Parish dipping his toes kicking a couple was great, z merrett and kellt great solid job, fantasia also bagged 2 and goddard was everywhere! Congratulations guys!

Out:
Hartley (hammy), Crowley (omit), Edwards (omit), Jamar (omit)

In: Francis, Hams, Jerrett, Leuenberger
That defence is way too small. Have to bring in Michael. Keep Jamar and get him crashing packs inside 50. Edwards had a good first half. I'd go:

Out: Hartley, Crowley, Gleeson
In: Michael, Leuenberger, J Merrett

That defence is way too small. Have to bring in Michael. Keep Jamar and get him crashing packs inside 50. Edwards had a good first half. I'd go:

Burger and the Russian?

Not at Subi

Cooney was just about the only senior (over 28) that did anything this evening. Bird and Crowley useless and BJ just aint himself, just not backing himself like he always did. It's a worry.

Yep, and even he killed momentum on a number of occassions.

If we are being brutally honest, they are all shot in the legs and in a perfect world would not really be playing anymore.

Luckily we have a few handy replacements for all of them next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort fellas

Surprised by the Goddard bashing in here. He killed us I thought, and was close to BOG IMO. Gave him the 2 votes
He got a lot of the pill, but turned it over on most occasions. Can't doubt his effort, just his impact.

Francia already?

I'd let him gain more match fitness before throwing him to a Subi crowd

Seemed to be one of our better players today in VFL. They may err on the side of caution and give him another week in VFL but I'm keen to see him in. Not too worried about a subi crowd with the dockers struggling I doubt it will be much of a fortress.

Good:
- Parish & Fantapants
- Effort
- Joe up the ground
- The pizza we ordered

Bad:
- Crowley, Bird
- Our turnovers (often immediately after their turnovers)
- How hard it is for us to score. Always. Always.

Bird was very good at the stoppages I thought getting a number of first possessions and some good in close tackling. Played his role well.

That team would be top heavy - on a fast track over in WA we would be slaughtered for pace. Freo don't exactly have an abundance of KFs so Gwilt, Ambrose, Francis, Dea can work against the likes of Pavlich, Taberner, Mayne etc.

Bird was very good at the stoppages I thought getting a number of first possessions and some good in close tackling. Played his role well.
Sure, he did ok there, but for a 100+ game and premiership player, some of the mistakes he makes when he has some time and space are genuinely unforgiveable, I.e. kicking a loopy "pass" out of defence back into the corridor to a 4 on 1 contest when the 1 was Zaharakis.

just wanted to come over and say thanks for the game hopefully no injuries. was really impressed with parish and walla both looked 200 game veterans out there. good luck for the rest of the year see you in round 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back