AFL Autopsy Rnd 10: 38 Point loss to the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddard takes two steps too much to kick it one metre further, he doesn't balk, what's the point.
His natural game is an outside player, like buckley's was. but circumstances has had him scrap for the ball and he has the occasional FU. Frustration creeps in. I was meh when he came to our club but I have nothing but respect for the guy

Strange kind of game, the Tigers were able to maintain a nice 5-6 goal lead, we never seemed to get a run of goals to threaten yet never looked totally out of it.

The forward line continues to frustrate, we had enough inside 50s to be competitive but besides Brown early and Parish two lovely snaps, plus the continued improvement of Fanty there is plenty to be happy with.

Not sure why guys do 15 to 20 meter handballs.

And a little rant, the coffee service was slow and not that good.

I see plenty of neg comments on Crowley, I actually thought he was okay tonight, I think we need to remember that he really is there for the big body and mentoring and we are seeing the benefits there with the improvement of the likes of Parish, TippaWalla and Fanty.

Strange kind of game, the Tigers were able to maintain a nice 5-6 goal lead, we never seemed to get a run of goals to threaten yet never looked totally out of it.

The forward line continues to frustrate, we had enough inside 50s to be competitive but besides Brown early and Parish two lovely snaps, plus the continued improvement of Fanty there is plenty to be happy with.

Not sure why guys do 15 to 20 meter handballs.

And a little rant, the coffee service was slow and not that good.

Because kicks that short aren't guaranteed to be called a mark anymore

Bexause kicks that sure aren't guaranteed to be called a mark anymore

I get that but there was one good example when we were bringing the ball across half forward and the Essendon player needed to get it over a Richmond player to an oncoming Essendon player, who would have had space to go for goal but the bomber player went for a handball that went short and was gathered by the Richmond player.

I see plenty of neg comments on Crowley, I actually thought he was okay tonight, I think we need to remember that he really is there for the big body and mentoring and we are seeing the benefits there with the improvement of the likes of Parish, TippaWalla and Fanty.

His big body and look away handballs and kicks :rolleyes:

Would keep jamar in but it depends on lueys injury. Jamar offered a marking tall and I think we needed that.

Parish.. we all know. Standard for him now. Such an impressive player. Too vanilla though.
Zaka was awesome for the first half. So much so they tagged him in the second half which limited his impact. Wouldn't happen with a full squad in, so I'm really excited to see he's back at his best form. Hopefully he doesn't regress when brigade comes back next season.
Walla is a freak. Super happy with him, always confident with ball in hand.

Francis... let him come in after the bye. Although he apparently covered 10k which is good on limited time in VFL (last week), and he did play well this week too, think he needs another few. Don't agree on bringing him in just because he was our pick 5 per say... 1 or 2 blokes I'd bring in before him. If he continues form he will get a gig. Hoping he, and laverde secure a senior spot like parish, fanta ect have this season.

Another one ticked off. Long pre-season this.

yep, my sentiments exactly, one more down, few more to go yet, I still get edgy during games but it's all just dry run stuff for a few younguns & possible potentials.

Looking forward to seeing our side run out R1 next year with the regulars back plus Tippa (seriously, what a player), Parish, Luey/Jamar, hopefully Kelly, maybe Dea plus another high draft pick this year. Might take half a season to hit their straps but we can be a formidable team fairly quickly immho.

Would keep jamar in but it depends on lueys injury. Jamar offered a marking tall and I think we needed that.

Parish.. we all know. Standard for him now. Such an impressive player. Too vanilla though.
Zaka was awesome for the first half. So much so they tagged him in the second half which limited his impact. Wouldn't happen with a full squad in, so I'm really excited to see he's back at his best form. Hopefully he doesn't regress when brigade comes back next season.
Walla is a freak. Super happy with him, always confident with ball in hand.

Francis... let him come in after the bye. Although he apparently covered 10k which is good on limited time in VFL (last week), and he did play well this week too, think he needs another few. Don't agree on bringing him in just because he was our pick 5 per say... 1 or 2 blokes I'd bring in before him. If he continues form he will get a gig. Hoping he, and laverde secure a senior spot like parish, fanta ect have this season.

He has a left foot and will use it...That's the kind of vanilla we've been shopping for.

Random thoughts:
- skills and decison making across the board were terrible
- why can't we get consistent umpiring? They dont have to see everything, but what isn't a mark in the first qtr shouldn't be q mark for the rest if the game. Also, does anyone actually understand what is and isnt holding tne ball/incorrect disposal these days? It seems very random
- crowley is done as an AFL player
- surely there is a better option somewhere than Gwilt?
- Langford isnt AFL ready yet
- Merrett needs to work on his kicking
- Goddard's only role going forward should be as the sweeper across half back
- whoever that Richmond flog was (was it ellis?) that dropped his head in our forward pocket at the end of the 2nd qtr and git a free fir ut should be suspended fir a few games. Absolutely sick of seeing that s**t.
- Daniher worked into the game well after a slow start
- Parish is going to be a star
- Walla is just great to watch, agree on the Fletch comparison made early
- Dempsey had a good game, especially the first half
- how the * is it fair that thousands sleep homeless every night while a s**t-truck like Luke Darcy gets paid to dribble crap to a national audience? The whole "if you are touching the post, does that technically mean the ball is too?" conversation was one of the dumbest things I have ever listened to. The stupid campaigner should have been fired on-air...

Last edited:
I think the TV makes them look a bit better than they actually are. When you see the options players have that they don't use you have to laugh, seriously dumb mistakes.

Thank god for Tippa lighting it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone here produce a gif of that little retarrrrded snap kick that Crowley did on the flank? 4th quarter maybe

Thanks. I didn't know that was a rule! Do you know know what the logic behind it is - as in why is a kick out not adjudged under the deliberate rule?
It's been that way for ages. Unsure why

I hate how slow we are after a mark/free kick to get back to be ready to take the kick. No team is this slow. It removes the work of what the players up the ground are doing. Where's the urgency?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back