Preview Rnd 10 - Carlton v Geelong Saturday 26th May 7.25pm @ GMHBA Stadium - Team Post #494

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I would assume that the coaches would have sat him down and said this is what you did well BUT you need to go back and work on this and this before you can play in the Seniors. Happens every week

I’m hoping your assumption is correct and I think it is . I support it . The inns are good and I hope that they produce .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems to have been lost in this hasn't it. Weitering Curnow Charlie Cuningham is a massive step forward IMO

With those selections we put ourselves in a very good position to win.
Really hoping Cunners can bring his recent NB form, as we need it.
Whats better than 1 Curnow? 2 naturally :)
And Weitering back at last.
We are a real chance this week.

Setting myself up for some embarrassment here, but reckon we could do Geelong and The Saints to beat Richmond.

We are going to win one of these 'un-winnable' games soon. This week maybe? the next?
I dont think this will be as one sided as predicted

Graham's stiff to be dropped after last week's debacle. He was one our best, such as it was. It says to me he was kept on last year purely to provide some minimal structure to the VFL side, and is certainly gone at the end of the year.

Not a shock, but hopefully he bobs up at Port Melbourne or Williamstown and gets to have a solid VFL career from next year on.

Can we set up a separate thread.. why the F was Nick Graham dropped

Thanks
Spoke to Bolts this afternoon and asked him about the decision to drop Graham, and how it’s divided the BF Carlton forum.

GB: You said at the start of the journey there is no sense of entitlement from any player, and that they will have to earn a spot whether they’ve played 2 or 200 games?

Bolts: Yes that’s what I said.

GB: Well how come Graham gets dropped and his stats last week are better than O’Sheas and a couple of the young uns.

Bolts: GB it’s about team balance. Nothing more complex than that.

GB: Yeah but he got more possessions than the others.

Bolts: (Icy glare) Is there a question in there?

GB. (gulp) no.

Bolts: Then * off and let me coach this team.

Spoke to Bolts this afternoon and asked him about the decision to drop Graham, and how it’s divided the BF Carlton forum.

GB: You said at the start of the journey there is no sense of entitlement from any player, and that they will have to earn a spot whether they’ve played 2 or 200 games?

Bolts: Yes that’s what I said.

GB: Well how come Graham gets dropped and his stats last week are better than O’Sheas and a couple of the young uns.

Bolts: GB it’s about team balance. Nothing more complex than that.

GB: Yeah but he got more possessions than the others.
Bolts: (Icy glare) Is there a question in there?

GB. (gulp) no.

Bolts: Then **** off and let me coach this team.

Love it. Kudos .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graham was looking comfortable ........being comfortable ??????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No idea .

I get the development thing and support it to a large extent but any argument that suggests he added less than a couple of the kids that got picked ahead of him is delusional.

By its very nature developing one group of players involves the stifling of other players. Can't be avoided but let's at least acknowledge that it can impact negatively (and sometimes unjustly) on other players .

It's also heavily reliant on the players who are getting the rough end of the pineapple accepting their role as sacrificial lambs.

Remind me again how O'shea is still in the team must have something over bolts :think:
Backline really concerns me way to top heavy and slow with no foot skills
Our only hope is Kreuzer and our midfield dominate and we may be competitive
Losing doesnt worry me its performances like last wk that are unacceptable and embarrassing it doesn't matter what team you put out there

Last edited:
Graham's stiff to be dropped after last week's debacle. He was one our best, such as it was. It says to me he was kept on last year purely to provide some minimal structure to the VFL side, and is certainly gone at the end of the year.

Not a shock, but hopefully he bobs up at HAWTHORN or SYDNEY and gets to win a Brownlow and AFL Premiership from next year on.

EFA

Remind me again how O'shea is still in the team must have something over bolts :think:
Backline really concerns me way to top heavy and slow with no foot skills
Our only hope is krurzer and our midfield dominate and we may be competitive
Losing doesnt worry me its performances like last wk that are unacceptable and embarrassing it doesn't matter what team you put out there
I hate when people spell Kruezers name wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back