Not open for further replies.

Rustica

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Bull Racing F1
Jones and Casboult cannot kick the football. They both need to go.

Plowman is soft as butter. He needs to go.

We need to play the kids. Newnes at least provides a contest and can tackle.

In: De Koning, O'Brien, Kennedy, SPS, Newnes, Dow, Honey
Out: Jones, Plowman, Cripps (inj.), Cuningham (inj.), McKay (inj.), Cottrell, Casboult

B: Docherty-------------------Parks-------------------Newman

H: Williams------------------Weitering------------------Saad

C: SPS----------------------Setterfield----------------O'Brien

H: Fogarty-------------------Newnes-----------------Murphy

F: Betts----------------------Pittonet-------------------Owies

Foll: De Koning, Dow, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Kennedy, Stocker, Honey
Lmao we would get pumped by 10 goals with that squad

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
JSOS for Cuningham and that’s about it.
Sub is somewhat wasted opportunity so I’d either keep Gibbons as sub or make Murphy the sub and bring someone else in.
Setterfield may aswell get another game. If he doesn’t play well again then he is probably out of the side for atleast another month.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Dorks will prob get Ceglar back this week.
Fine day forecast thus far for Saturday.

Do we play Cas, TDK & Pitt in the same team?
Cas up forward the other 2 rucking and rotating through the forward line?

If H is injured and misses I will spew up.

As for other changes it's all a bit meh at the moment.

If we let JOM & Mitchell off the leash and lose big questions will need to be asked.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Dorks will prob get Ceglar back this week.
Fine day forecast thus far for Saturday.

Do we play Cas, TDK & Pitt in the same team?
Cas up forward the other 2 rucking and rotating through the forward line?

If H is injured and misses I will spew up.

As for other changes it's all a bit meh at the moment.

If we let JOM & Mitchell off the leash and lose big questions will need to be asked.
Teague said in the presser that he’s been dealing with it for a few weeks and it was actually feeling better today than last week.

Then again Teague didn’t even know about Cripps’ injury so make of that what you wish

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Teague said in the presser that he’s been dealing with it for a few weeks and it was actually feeling better today than last week.

Then again Teague didn’t even know about Cripps’ injury so make of that what you wish

Coaches are skilled in the art of misdirection.

I think I am right in saying it is our first 6 day break of the season as well.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
I know this won’t happen but I’ll keep saying it - Need to keep putting class users back into the side and moving out the butchers.

In: JSoS, SPS, Martin(need his class desperately - straight back if ready)
Out: Gibbons, Cuningham :disappointed: , ECurnow
** Hopefully McKay is good and JSoS will give us the extra boost we lacked forward this week.

Plowman Jones Parks
Newman Weitering Saad
Docherty Cripps Williams
Murphy Casboult Martin
JSoS McKay Betts
Pittonet Setterfield Walsh
Stocker, SpS, Fogarty, Owiens
Emerg: Cottrell

btdg

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Very strange week coming up. Our form has been... kind of ok, despite losing 4 out of 5. We've been beaten by 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th on the ladder and generally been competitive without every threatening to win. In the middle we comfortably beat 12th.

I honestly have no suggestions or answers anymore, except that it astounds me that not a single one of SPS, Dow, O'Brien, Setterfield, Kennedy, or Stocker has managed a 25 disposal game in more than 2 years. Add Cuningham (RIP), Kemp and Philp, and that's 9 midfielders who were first-round picks over 6 years, and combined they have 5x 25 disposal games for Carlton (for the record SPS has done it twice, so has Cunners, and Kennedy once). Ed Curnow, who some here want dropped, has 6x 25 disposal games for Carlton THIS YEAR, while playing as a tagger. Jack Newnes has as many 25 disposal games this season as that whole group combined, and he has already been dropped. This has to be some sort of recruiting phenomenon - I guess Walsh counterbalances it a bit...

That's a long-winded way of saying I don't really know what our options are. None of those young guys deserves a recall. None of them had a reserves game this week, but even if they did, none are good enough to come in and have an impact. TDK is the big question mark. I don't think we can play him as our only ruck... can we afford to play him alongside Casboult and Pittonet? I'd take the punt -we need something that is a circuit-breaker imo and a super-athletic guy who can jump over the top of people is certainly that. Play him 50% game time a la Nic-Nat.

I wouldn't mind bringing Newnes back over Setterfield, but we need someone who can play midfield. Stocker had a crack there today too and was good for a half, but having had a taste and then really been invisible from there, surely it's time. Probably SPS back in (he's had a month to train for the forward/Mid role). Gibbons was wrongly dropped, and played like a bloke who was checked out- probably not worth sticking there, and I'd try Honey to see if he can follow Owies and add a bit of spark.

My line-up based on today would therefore be:

b: Newman, Jones, Plowman
hb: Williams, Weitering, Saad
c: Docherty, Cripps, Cottrell
hf: Fogarty, Casboult, SPS
f: Pittonet, Walsh, Curnow
Foll: Betts, McKay, Owies
Int: De Koning, Stocker, Parks, Honey
Sub: Murphy

We’ll find out whether Clarko is tanking next weekend. If not, he’ll pick so many holes in Teague’s game plan.

So, we're setting the narrative early. If we win it won't have anything whatsoever to do with anything that our coaches or players do, it all comes down to whether Clarko allows us to win, got it. We win, Hawthorn's tanking, we lose and we're s**t. I don't know why we would bother playing this game.

OUT: Cottrell, Murphy, Cuningham (inj), Casboult, Gibbons
IN: Silvagni, Honey, TDK, Ramsey

FB:NewmanJonesParks
HB:WilliamsWeiteringSaad
C:DochertyWalshPlowman
HF:FogartySilvagniHoney
FF:OwiesMcKayTDK
FOL:PittonetCrippsSetterfield
BENCH:StockerCurnowBetts
Ramsey

Docherty really played well on the wing today, Plowman is another I really want to try there...
Plowman (Really want out of the backline), sometimes runs both ways, was a mid as a junior and is good by foot, both can rotate with Saad and Williams..

Silvagni back is a no brainer..
Honey, TDK and Ramsey earn there chance through good VFL form..

Cottrell rest
Murphy = Sub to 300
Cuningham :cryv1:
Casboult - Got to 150, now dropped
Gibbons - Dropped

Last edited:

Pablito

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Should win this.

Anyone of TDK, JSOS, Honey to come in.

Will likely see Cunners, Casboult, Gibbons out. Parks had a horrid day (as did Jones) but I can't see them dropping him for Williamson.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Jones and Casboult cannot kick the football. They both need to go.

Plowman is soft as butter. He needs to go.

We need to play the kids. Newnes at least provides a contest and can tackle.

In: De Koning, O'Brien, Kennedy, SPS, Newnes, Dow, Honey
Out: Jones, Plowman, Cripps (inj.), Cuningham (inj.), McKay (inj.), Cottrell, Casboult

B: Docherty-------------------Parks-------------------Newman

H: Williams------------------Weitering------------------Saad

C: SPS----------------------Setterfield----------------O'Brien

H: Fogarty-------------------Newnes-----------------Murphy

F: Betts----------------------Pittonet-------------------Owies

Foll: De Koning, Dow, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Kennedy, Stocker, Honey

Play the kids, bring in Newnes?

FMD

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Should win comfortably. Having said that, if the unspeakable happened and we get pumped, ramifications?

Would be real alarm bells if Hawks won by 50 points or something weird like that (assuming we don’t cop 3 injuries before quarter time or anything weird like that).

I guess I worry that this is probably the most we’ve been struggling under Teague so chances the effort could drop are there. We’ve done well to keep it up so far.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It'll be interesting what selection is like - teague thought that was one of out poorest performances of the season so do any players pay the price. But with the bye, how do players put their hand up for selection (training form?.... :rolleyes: )

I wouldnt look at making too many changes due to no VFL game so:
Outs: Cuningham, Gibbons
Ins: JSOS, Newnes as Sub

Ill give Parks another chance but reckon he has been poor the last few games and yesterday was as bad a game you'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back