AFL Toast RND 10: Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Look it’s a great win how we did it. But let’s not get carried away, Richmond are bottom 4 and we won by a point. We’ll win the next 2 weeks and we’ll be up and about. Still a long way to go
It's almost like your hatred for Dodo means you don't want the club to be successful until he's gone. Let the anger go brother...

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll add, some kicks on our defensive arc are a shade high, allowing their forwards time to turn it into a contest. Need to be lower, flatter and harder and minimise the risk of turnover.
I found some of our young players still get a rush of blood. Perkins had 9 instead 50s and wasted most of them. Ideally that is another 4-5 score involvements or goals. As in most cases we were out and had the overlap and targets inside 50 but he chose the contested option. Hope Scott can train Perkins to lower the eyes. Still think Archie has elite potential if he can get it together but decision making is hard to reach.

Caldwell played great but can dump kick around the corner to central locations. Needs to at least dump it closer the boundary or make sure at least gets under it a bit more than shinning it along the ground.

It's almost like your hatred for Dodo means you don't want the club to be successful until he's gone. Let the anger go brother...

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app
More so for years seen tight wins against bad sides and people say they’re just happy with the 4 points. Then come against a good team and lose. It’s the cycle.

I've got a short memory - what happened in Durham's first game that made him nervous?
he missed a goal against North up on the Gold Coast and it affected the rest of his game

Because of injuries our team was more balanced, mids played midfield and forwards played forward.

We weren't in a position to play midfielders at half forward and it worked in our favour. Parish, Setters and Shiel change this by pushing Hobbs and Caldwell forward, and I'm not sure it helps the team.
We're in a bit of a conundrum there.
Setterfield i reckon finds a place given his pod is his height, and probably means perkins plays HF more

That work rate from merrett, caldwell and Hobbs, with the crashing in, tackling, wearing the heat....

The fact zach can just keep running games out too. Interesting to see what we do from here

Because of injuries our team was more balanced, mids played midfield and forwards played forward.

We weren't in a position to play midfielders at half forward and it worked in our favour. Parish, Setters and Shiel change this by pushing Hobbs and Caldwell forward, and I'm not sure it helps the team.
I agree. Some of those guys out rack up a lot of the ball but prone to a bit of fumbling and bombing on top of our forwards heads when running into an open forward line. Structures get thrown out, confidence and cohesiveness gets eroded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

while i think some people were rightfully critical of pidge at the start of the season, he's come into his own over the past few weeks, keeping dusty & charlie cameron to two goals total is pretty impressive. he's certainly come into his own over the past little while and i think he knows it. he showed a lot of maturity last night at various stages

Tigers are in deep s**t next few years ..their recent drafts are looking very ordinary and no picks next draft
Yeah last night it was clear that Martin, Cotchin and Riewoldt are past it and therefore Richmond are too.

You could say we should have won easily but tigers could point to the inside 50 count.

In fact I don’t think I have ever seen a more even game. To the point where a number of times something happened at one end then the exact thing happened at the other. It felt like mirror image. Admittedly I was microdosing after my wife and daughter went to bed early.

But because I was so into the idea it was a truly even contest, when we dropped three goals down I was very confident we would surge back. Obviously my brain was yelling “draw” but I’ll take the win!

while i think some people were rightfully critical of pidge at the start of the season, he's come into his own over the past few weeks, keeping dusty & charlie cameron to two goals total is pretty impressive. he's certainly come into his own over the past little while and i think he knows it. he showed a lot of maturity last night at various stages
Absolutely. Was 2nd bog for me last night. Bodied dusty, was impressive in the air and his rebounding was very good.

When's the last time we won a close game like this?

Could be wrong but I think our last one point win was when Goodes missed after the siren in 2011.

Since then we’ve lost by a point to Collingwood (2012), Melbourne (2014), Sydney (2017) and Hawthorn (2021).

Potentially missing others but our win last night was a similar finish to that horrible Sydney game.

i like how now after a dreamtime game everyone is talking about how good Martin was and we all know it’s Nic we are talking about and not the other dude

I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at... you're allowed to spoil, you're allowed to play the ball, and incidental contact happens.

With the way the MRO has been adjudicating lately there might be some trouble, but I don't think it's even a free kick otherwise.

That said, you'd hope Drapes would have the hands to stick a mark like that in future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back