Preview Rnd 11 - Carlton v Sydney - Friday 1st June 7.50pm @ SCG - Team post #371

Who will win?

• Carlton

Votes: 59 41.8%
  • Sydney

Votes: 82 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Understand sending McKay back to the twos for a bit. He will take a little longer to develop and tomorrow night most likely may see rain up there. But gee, wouldn't it be hard for him to do serious damage when the service to him isn't great?

Come to think of it, he hasn't been too bad. He has kicked at least one goal in each of his eight AFL matches and is yet to finish a match goalless.

is Harry resting or playing VFL?
How is it a rest if he's playing in the 2nds?
Glad Kerr stayed in.
Smaller ground, really need a KF playing from the square, should suit him.
Harry, IMO, needs to lead and hit packs harder. To easily bodied off the ball by undersized opponents.
It will come, just takes time.
Would’ve thought one more small in, Polson for Rowe? Might have been better.

ok so why cant he learn that stuff at training? and then work on it at senior level.
seems like we're back where we were 6 weeks ago,
we KNOW he has work to do. we KNOW he' still developing but he needs to plat at senior level as much as possible.....why are we holding him back?

he's definitely performed to a reasonable level in all games he's played, and Levi's not even playing. The TIME is NOW!! what are we waiting for?
sometimes i feel like Bolts is just "figuring things out"a little bit too much and gets a little stuck in the process rather than doing the best thing right NOW for the game and the team to win.

anybody else feel that way?

ok so why cant he learn that stuff at training? and then work on it at senior level.
we KNOW he has work to do. we KNOW he' still developing but he needs to plat at senior level as much as possible.....why are we holding him back?

he's definitely performed to a reasonable level in all games he's played, and Levi's not even playing. The TIME is NOW!! what are we waiting for?
sometimes i feel like Bolts is just "figuring things out"a little bit too much and gets a little stuck in the process rather than doing the best thing right NOW for the game and the team to win.

Might play limited game time with the NBs. So a bit of a rest (compared to seniors) but still have a kick and focus on a couple of aspects of his game.

The way we win this:

Do what we did against Richmond early, kick remarkably well and rack up a 5 goal lead.

It starts raining. Carlton 8.9 57 def Sydney 2.16 28

The end.

I don't think this is going to be pretty at all, and I don't know why anyone around here would. I'm usually optimistic, but I don't see victory possible here at all; they're due for a big win, they're at home on Friday night, and they've underachieved recently. This is a recipe for a blowout, and the only real way we avoid it is if we can slow the game right down, something we've been rather shitty at this year.

Patience ;)

If Harry was meeting certain KPI's to get a run in the seniors, but after a few games he was starting to drop below the required output, it's only natural to drop him back to the VFL. Reinforce the message. We want you to do A, B and C, if you do it, you play seniors, if you don't, you stay in the VFL. When you make it into the senior side, we still expect you to do A, B and C, continue doing them and you hold your spot, stop doing them and you're back to the VFL.

In terms of Bolts needing to do the best thing to win NOW...disagree. We need to set the standards and benchmarks that will enable us to perform consistently well for the next decade with this list. Harry or Kerr in the side isn't going to make a difference to whether we beat Sydney in Sydney. But driving home to Harry that there are non-negotiables he has to provide will help to develop him properly. Do it well, or not at all.

Hope Kerr has the deep forward line to himself and show us what he can do. Harry needs to be properly drilled to attack the ball in the air before he comes back in.

no

Kerr's turn.
Cannot play both at SCG.

Happy Harry got quite a few games under his belt.
More to come very soon.
why is it a question of turns?
he's kicked goals in every game and based on form AND experience, deserves his spot.
Kerr's turn will come and there's a rest next week anyhow.

Just wondering what sort of thought process goes into this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way we win this:

Do what we did against Richmond early, kick remarkably well and rack up a 5 goal lead.

It starts raining. Carlton 8.9 57 def Sydney 2.16 28

The end.

I don't think this is going to be pretty at all, and I don't know why anyone around here would. I'm usually optimistic, but I don't see victory possible here at all; they're due for a big win, they're at home on Friday night, and they've underachieved recently. This is a recipe for a blowout, and the only real way we avoid it is if we can slow the game right down, something we've been rather shitty at this year.
I like the way we utilized the short passing game against geelong. It was a much more methodical approach than we've seen this year and geelong is probably the hardest place to play that style of football. If we stick to that we will be competitive in a lot of games.

To me the defense is simply to tall again. The only tall forward they have is franklin and we have a backline that has rowe, jones and weitinerg. I think one of those 3 had to be dropped for this game.

Hope Kerr has the deep forward line to himself and show us what he can do. Harry needs to be properly drilled to attack the ball in the air before he comes back in.

I personally hope Kerr goes hard and deep and drills it long .

ODN absolutely sucking me in by posting the autopsy thread now.

I literally thought I'd skipped a day, or that the game was last night and for some reason I'd completely screwed up my calendar or something.

You missed a ripper. I can tell you one thing ... we didn't lose.

Low scoring, but we totally deprived their midfield of the ball and Jones held Franklin goalless.

If we keep this under 10 goals, we'll have done very well given the composition of the team named.

I expect better than that. Sydney aren't that good this year and have guys like mills, hanneberry and Reid out. Reid isn't that good but without him, Naismith and tippet their tall stocks have been hit hard.

I expect better than that. Sydney aren't that good this year and have guys like mills, hanneberry and Reid out. Reid isn't that good but without him, Naismith and tippet their tall stocks have been hit hard.

Hannebery is playing.

why is it a question of turns?
he's kicked goals in every game and based on form AND experience, deserves his spot.
Kerr's turn will come and there's a rest next week anyhow.

Just wondering what sort of thought process goes into this

More to form than just goals.

Pretty obvious to most who have watched him he needs to compete in marking contests better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back