Preview Rnd 11 - Carlton v Sydney - Friday 1st June 7.50pm @ SCG - Team post #371

Who will win?

• Carlton

Votes: 59 41.8%
  • Sydney

Votes: 82 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to all and sundry in the media carry on about how we don't deserve fridee night games has me wanting to win this game even more. It's been a warm topic this week and most media hounds would love to sink the boot in again if we get pounded tonight (caro i'm looking at you).

I hope bolts uses it as a little bit of motivation for the boys.

It's a near on a certainity we'll get a bit of a hiding here.
But if we can just pull something out of our backsides tonight it would be great answering slap back.

C'mon bagger. blues by 8.

Another way of standing out would be to play hard and well, Jarrod.

Give it some thought.

Harsh but fair Harks.
He needs to realise he's on his last chance at AFL level and really needs to be putting in better performances than he has been.

Harsh but fair Harks.
He needs to realise he's on his last chance at AFL level and really needs to be putting in better performances than he has been.
His performances shouldn't be a shock. He played the same way at Gold Coast, he was barely noticed in the WAFL (in admittedly tough circumstances), and now he's playing the same soft outside front running football for us.

Maybe that's just what he is and we need to accept it.

Harsh but fair Harks.

Not harsh at all HBF.
Had his chance to show form last weekend in the VFL but just seemed to coast around the ground.
Polson had less possessions but was omnipresent and put himself into as much as he possibly could.

A few of his kicks were simply lazy. No other way to put that forward.
One pick-up was delightful and then he just pops it over the boundary.

He's a much better player than he's shown us to date. Look forward to what he produces in the second half of the year, now that he doesn't have to worry about designing any more footwear.... :) Come on Jarrod. We're backing you in.

His performances shouldn't be a shock. He played the same way at Gold Coast, he was barely noticed in the WAFL (in admittedly tough circumstances), and now he's playing the same soft outside front running football for us.

Maybe that's just what he is and we need to accept it.
Dont think he will be on the list for much longer.

Harsh but fair Harks.
Yep we took him over the mature body midfield Sandover medalist... who beat Tim Kelly from the Cats... go figure

Listening to all and sundry in the media carry on about how we don't deserve fridee night games has me wanting to win this game even more. It's been a warm topic this week and most media hounds would love to sink the boot in again if we get pounded tonight (caro i'm looking at you).

I hope bolts uses it as a little bit of motivation for the boys.

It's a near on a certainity we'll get a bit of a hiding here.
But if we can just pull something out of our backsides tonight it would be great answering slap back.

C'mon bagger. blues by 8.

If we can win AND kick 100 points what would the papers have left to write about!!

Yep we took him over the mature body midfield Sandover medalist... who beat Tim Kelly from the Cats... go figure

and why do you think SOS did that? Must be some reason and SOS's recruiting so far has been pretty good. Every other recruiter passed on the "sandover medallist" as well even as a rookie

It really amazes me how some people will jump on players that have hardly played any football. Young inexperienced players take time. Will he make it? I don't know but at least give the young bloke a chance. He is as raw and inexperienced as any other young draftee on our list. Amazing what can happen with someon experience and confidence.

and why do you think SOS did that? Must be some reason and SOS's recruiting so far has been pretty good. Every other recruiter passed on the "sandover medallist" as well even as a rookie

It really amazes me how some people will jump on players that have hardly played any football. Young inexperienced players take time. Will he make it? I don't know but at least give the young bloke a chance. He is as raw and inexperienced as any other young draftee on our list. Amazing what can happen with someon experience and confidence.
I am allowed to have a different opinion, doesn’t make me not value youth. SOS is good but no recruiter gets it 100%. I was surprised by the Garlett pick last year, he may work out great but I can still say I prefer someone else. Worlds are not crashing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am allowed to have a different opinion, doesn’t make me not value youth. SOS is good but no recruiter gets it 100%. I was surprised by the Garlett pick last year, he may work out great but I can still say I prefer someone else. Worlds are not crashing.
Every other recruiter passed on Mullet and O’Shea so you can’t have it both ways, we make choices some work some don’t.

Be interesting to see who Ed goes to tonight. Might very well be Hannebery.
Seriously, Robbo nearly killed Hannebery with the best shirtfront you'll ever see last week.
Would have softened him up nicely.....Ed to finish the job tonight.

Oh and Lamb straight to Lloyd….annoy the s**t out of him.

NO I just think the judgement or criticism on young players after 10 rounds of a season is ridiculous. JMO

Every other recruiter passed on Mullet and O’Shea so you can’t have it both ways, we make choices some work some don’t.

Did you just quote and argue with yourself?

You should PM yourself and sort this bad blood out for you and yourself's sake.

The old Noob BF hazing ritual is alive and well.

2017 signing. Should know how cheeky this place is.

Having said that, have you been hazed yet? Better late than never.

NO I just think the judgement or criticism on young players after 10 rounds of a season is ridiculous. JMO
But he has a couple of non descript years at Gold Coast and he didnt tear it up in the WAFL. And his performance thus far in 2018 has not been great.

Criticism seems reasonable , JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back