Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
OqoMfYul.jpg

INS & OUTS

MILESTONE: 50 GAMES WALSHY

*VFL CURTAIN RAISER CARLTON v SYDNEY AT THE SCG STARTING 11.30AM

Go for it!

Today's results and pending injury reports might shake this up, but here's what I'd be hoping for:

OUT: Gibbons, Pittonet, Newman
IN: Martin, Casboult, O'Brien

Cottrell on notice, because he can't waste the opportunities he's been getting on goal or going into the 50. I respect that he's been putting an effort in to buy himself space and time to execute, including slowing down just before kicking, but you cannot keep missing the mark with low-pressure regulation kicks.

Today's results and pending injury reports might shake this up, but here's what I'd be hoping for:

Cottrell on notice, because he can't waste the opportunities he's been getting on goal or going into the 50. I respect that he's been putting an effort in to buy himself space and time to execute, including slowing down just before kicking, but you cannot keep missing the mark with low-pressure regulation kicks.

He has kicked 4.1 in his career to date.

He has kicked 4.1 in his career to date.
He missed an absolute sitter yesterday, but my bigger concern is his disposal forward of centre. What is the point of buying yourself all that space and time to make the play if you don't accomplish anything with possession.

I feel like we have an opportunity to go in unchanged for once (not sure if there were any injuries).

The only change in my books is

Out - Honey

In - Martin

Gibbons goes back to being the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unchanged.
Casboult as the Sub.

Back Rotation:
Weitering Jones Plowman Saad Newman Stocker

Outside Rotation:
Docherty Williams Cottrell Gibbons Murphy

Inside Rotation:
Cripps Walsh Curnow Setterfield Fogerty

Forward/Ruck Rotation:
Harry Pittonet TDK Betts Owies Jack

I stand by this, here's the 22:

FB: Plowman Jones Stocker
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Walsh E.Curnow Williams
HF: Fogarty Casboult Owies
FF: Silvagni McKay Betts

R: TDK Cripps Setterfield

Int: Murphy, O'Brien, Cottrell, Martin

Unlucky for Honey, but Martin and O'Brien add more to the midfield, including centre bounce setups.

Unlucky for Honey, but Martin and O'Brien add more to the midfield, including centre bounce setups.

LOB won't come in based on today's game, nor will Newman come out

Why would you drop Newman? He was very good against Hawthorn. He adds a lot of physicality and grunt. We need more players like Newman.

And bring O Brien in? What? On what basis could you select him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back