Preview Rnd 11: Collingwood vs Geelong Sat May 29 1:45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty simple:
- the ranking is based on season average, not season totals so therefore accounts for different number of games played
- it's full team stats, not isolated to the forwards (and Higgins is part of the midfield group, not the forwards)
- only 1 of the stats is specific to one's actions inside the forward 50

#2 for FWD Half pressure - this covers half the ground, and midfielders tend to also play in the forward half of the ground

#6 for pressure - pretty sure that players across all roles, and playing all positions are expected to apply pressure

#3 for F50 tackles - this is a good one for the forwards - Close is #1 & Hawkins #2, and the guy in #4 is Cam Guthrie. So a good one for the forwards, but doesn't exclude the midfielders who work forward

#6 for creating a turnover that results in score - doesn't specify a turnover inside 50. Besides, turnovers can be created anywhere across the ground and good teams punish the opposition on turnovers

#2 for IN50 kick retention - this one I would normally relate with midfielders as it's referencing the player kicking inside 50 and not the player already inside 50 when disposing of the ball
But who could he be worse than?
We have two big forwards plus Rohan.
2 forwards swap back and forth mid and Close.
He doesn't do anything actually real.
And he's still not even no1 out of the lame stats when he's only competition is Rohan and Close.
It's the worst stats sheet ever.

That's pretty shithouse if it's only out of Geelong players.
Cause he doesn't do many actual things.
They were the best possible stats they could find to pump him up?

This is so true. I mean if your number 1 job LITERALLY YOUR NUMBER 1 JOB is to tackle inside forward 50 and Hawkins is ahead of you then what are you doing. I mean he ain't kicking goals or high in goal assists or score involvements. His job is literally to chase and tackle and keep the ball in our F50 and Hawkins is better than him at it hahahaha.

And I am a guy that thinks at his best he can play a role but boy oh boy he is right on the edge of our best 22.

This is so true. I mean if your number 1 job LITERALLY YOUR NUMBER 1 JOB is to tackle inside forward 50 and Hawkins is ahead of you then what are you doing. I mean he ain't kicking goals or high in goal assists or score involvements. His job is literally to chase and tackle and keep the ball in our F50 and Hawkins is better than him at it hahahaha.

And I am a guy that thinks at his best he can play a role but boy oh boy he is right on the edge of our best 22.
I know!

And he's still not even no1 out of the lame stats when he's only competition is Rohan and Close.

Stop it Spazz I'm not sure I'm comfortable with agreeing with you so much hahahaha.

Considering we've used 33 or so players this year, he could be ranked worse than 32 of them

Except he's not ranked worse than that many of this teammates, and instead is ranked higher than a good number of them

Considering he ranks #2 for retention from kicks inside 50, maybe he's not playing as deep inside our 50m arc as some think he should be

Considering we've used 33 or so players this year, he could be ranked worse than 32 of them

Except he's not ranked worse than that many of this teammates, and instead is ranked higher than a good number of them
But most players aren't forwards. And not only that, it's only the crap stats, and not only that it's just for inside 50.
One 3rd of the ground and he's going ok but not the best for the lame stats.
It's a shocking year he's having.

But most players aren't forwards. And not only that, it's only the crap stats, and only for inside 50.
It's a shocking year he's having.
Only 1 stat was actions inside 50 specific, the others aren't and hence why it's rankings in comparison with teammates

So having only 1 teammate apply more pressure in the forward half and only 5 teammates apply more pressure over all is shithouse?

If he's role is playing across the high half forward as a pressure player, then that's exactly what he's doing

If he's ranking was down at #10 across those stats then I agree we should be asking questions about his role, but from the look of the numbers he's high up in the rankings in regards to team first metrics and that's why he's retaining his role

Will he continue to hold his spot as others return from injury - not sure, but right now he's doing the team things well and that's why he's playing game #50 in the hoops tomorrow
They didn't mention that he's also No. 1 in the whole AFL for Last Man To Get Up from the Bottom of the Pack When the Ump Calls for a Ball-Up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#2 for IN50 kick retention - this one I would normally relate with midfielders as it's referencing the player kicking inside 50 and not the player already inside 50 when disposing of the ball

Sounds decent until you realise he's had a total of 14 inside 50s from 9 games, which puts him equal 19th at the club in terms of total inside 50s. Not example a huge sample size.

That's pretty simple:
- the ranking is based on season average, not season totals so therefore accounts for different number of games played
- it's full team stats, not isolated to the forwards (and Higgins is part of the midfield group, not the forwards)
- only 1 of the stats is specific to one's actions inside the forward 50

#2 for FWD Half pressure - this covers half the ground, and midfielders tend to also play in the forward half of the ground

#6 for pressure - pretty sure that players across all roles, and playing all positions are expected to apply pressure

#3 for F50 tackles - this is a good one for the forwards - Close is #1 & Hawkins #2, and the guy in #4 is Cam Guthrie. So a good one for the forwards, but doesn't exclude the midfielders who work forward

#6 for creating a turnover that results in score - doesn't specify a turnover inside 50. Besides, turnovers can be created anywhere across the ground and good teams punish the opposition on turnovers

That’s a little better if it’s based on averages but even still there are only 6 fowards in the side and dalhaus is supposed to be there solely for foward pressure As he doesn’t contribute anywhere else unlike the other fowards and he still ain’t number 1 in any of the foward defensive pressure stats. Do we know who is 1 in those stats?

Sounds decent until you realise he's had a total of 14 inside 50s from 9 games, which puts him equal 19th at the club in terms of total inside 50s. Not example a huge sample size.

hahaha how good are stats. The bullshit you can use them for literally never ends. Thanks for providing some context. I guess that is why they say there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

It’s probably % retained but I take your point.

Only 1 stat was actions inside 50 specific, the others aren't and hence why it's rankings in comparison with teammates

#2 for FWD Half pressure
- #6 for pressure
- #3 for F50 tackles
- #6 for creating a turnover that results in score
- #2 for IN50 kick retention

three of those stats are only going to be lead by fowards. The fourth one is heavily weighted to fowards. Only number 2 is fairly applicable to everyone. And he is 6th in this stat that three years ago he was in the top 2.

pressure is the only reason he is in the team. There is no other player in the team solely for pressure. Parfitt, Rohan, close and atkins are also there for pressure but they have other tricks as well. Dalhaus no longer does. Dalhaus is the only one in our side that is solely about pressure and he is 2nd out of half a dozen players in the foward line and only 6th in the side. thats terrible.

That’s a little better if it’s based on averages but even still there are only 6 fowards in the side and dalhaus is supposed to be there solely for foward pressure As he doesn’t contribute anywhere else unlike the other fowards and he still ain’t number 1 in any of the foward defensive pressure stats. Do we know who is 1 in those stats?

The only stat I could get from Footywire was tackles inside 50, while via the AFL stats section I could get pressure acts but none of the others which is frustrating.

Immediately below is the pressure acts ratings at the club, while the bottom image is the other stats they have available to be looked at

DDABAAC8-65A8-45B6-A2B7-4581BB22B0C3.jpeg 51B7DE74-1ABC-4D91-BD69-7B1CB7D56980.jpeg

#2 for FWD Half pressure
- #6 for pressure
- #3 for F50 tackles
- #6 for creating a turnover that results in score
- #2 for IN50 kick retention

three of those stats are only going to be lead by fowards. The fourth one is heavily weighted to fowards. Only number 2 is fairly applicable to everyone. And he is 6th in this stat that three years ago he was in the top 2.

pressure is the only reason he is in the team. There is no other player in the team solely for pressure. Parfitt, Rohan, close and atkins are also there for pressure but they have other tricks as well. Dalhaus no longer does. Dalhaus is the only one in our side that is solely about pressure and he is 2nd out of half a dozen players in the foward line and only 6th in the side. thats terrible.
Which 3 are going to be led by forwards - tackles inside forward 50 should be, but the others aren't forward role specific

Considering he ranks #2 for retention from kicks inside 50, maybe he's not playing as deep inside our 50m arc as some think he should be

Seeing as he has only had 14 inside 50s in 9 games he quite obviously does play the deep role where tackling inside the forward 50 is his number 1 job. Either that or he just doesn't touch the ball ever really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back