AFL Toast Rnd 11: Draw to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:
Ridley and Saad would be leading our BnF
Stewart with a big confidence boost.
Clarke's work rate is awesome. Saw him save a goal at full back, and then in the same play worked hard to be at the drop of the ball in forward 50.
Some positive forward entries with leading patterns.
Our pressure was much better for large patches.
I think McGrath worked through the tag reasonably well.
Zerrett had a massive second half.
Zaka's goal kicking.

Negatives:
Most forward entries were garbage.
Clarke out of position all game. Playing out of the pockets.
Constant brain fades.
McKernan is such a dumb footballer that it is contagious.
Zaka does nothing when he isn't taking a shot for goal. Credit tho, he nailed them.
Francis either needs a spell to regain some confidence, or we have to just cop the downside.
Smith and Walla very much off the pace.
Guelfi is not a lockdown defender. If he is in the team it needs to be as a utility or defensive winger.
Cutler did two things of note in a full game. A tackle after he dropped a sitter, and a snapped goal. I say it every week. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
Zaka injured and out for a while. Don't think he should be in the team, but you never want to see a player injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked a goal with a popped quad. On ya Zakka.

Actually thought that was one of the better games.
Clarke was huge when in the guts it was noticeable he was not getting knocked off the ball and they didn't break his tackles.

Also was nice to just sit back and watch a game. There was a few incorrect decisions but not the momentum sapping howlers that I've seen a lot of this year, felt like the teams were allowed to play.

Clarke plays on for Zakka, Bellchambers not even competing in the last quarter has to have played his last game

This is why the draw should be removed. Who honestly is happy after that? I'd rather risk the win and lose than get a draw tbh.

Overall I thought we had a s**t first half and a good second half. Not happy but not upset either.

Francis was putrid

Kakkle Didnt get to reply in the game day thread but what Francis can do is actually get some sort of body pressure on him. Every time King got near it with Franga on him in that last quarter Franga wasnt within touching distance.

That last mark he didnt even go up and just relied on the guys in front of him. At least body check him ffs

I'll take that after how putrid we were for a lot of that.

Francis has fallen off a very big cliff.
I'll take that after how putrid we were for a lot of that.

Francis has fallen off a very big cliff.
Can we trade him for Wines at the end of the year? We can throw in BZT and a free set of steak knives...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back