AFL Toast RND 11: Win Against the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad teams do bring you down to the level when they turn up

With some decent finishing in the last 5 mins it’s a 70 point pumping

I’m not gonna lose any sleep

First higher ranked team to win this weekend. Eagles have had the blow torch to them all week with a few important inclusions. Thought we had a very professional win. Not buying into that we should have thumped them. Last year we lost to them, this year we won by 50, that’s great in my book.

Thumbs Ok GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any win is a good win. Not all that pretty but Eagles flooded back a lot and made it tough to get blown out. They missed some shots on goal but were all out wide. We missed a couple we should have got.

Walla needs a spell or a run in the 2s.

Pretty impressed with Menzie tonight too. Tackles well and gets in good positions.

Along with all the road trips had a lot of short breaks before the next game. To be sitting here 6 and 4 at this point of time is a dream when a lot of us said at the start 3 and 7 would be a good result. I haven’t witnessed this level of consistency in a long time. Hope we can do it for a full year.

Not me complaining about how rusty we played, only to get a text from a Saint’s supporting friend to say “wtf is wrong with you”.

Ugly win. But still a convincing win. Hopefully it gives the coaching group an idea of our ins for next week.

given how every other game this weekend has gone, i’m very, very satisfied with this win, and it feels even better knowing that the bulldogs lost with the entire force of the umpires association trying to will them past the finish line.

looking at the stats it seems like the usual suspects were at it again, and ben hobbes had another decent performance.

confidence! i have confidence!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back