AFL Toast RND 11: Win Against the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Did what we had to do. I'll take a 50 point win in Perth any day. They got Hurn, Yeo & Barrass back tonight.

No need to show off and risk further injuries. Let's just keep winning. We'll soon get back Parish, Shiel, Setterfield & Wright.

Scrappy, but good win imo. We've had a tendency in the past to lose these games.

I seem to be the happiest bomber fan right now.. I thought that was a ripping win. How quickly we forget that we are at 20 years of absolute irrelevance in the league.. the last 10 spent recovering from the lowest of the low.. we have burnt through four coaches in that decade.. We had our, arguably, best midfielder in Parish out, our best forward in Wright out, Laverde, Snelling and Guelfi coming in after long breaks.. we have the fourth worst injury list in the league.. we are still fielding the third youngest team in the league.. we are playing in WA.. after coming off the huge emotional high of a last second victory last week.

At virtually no point in the last 20 years do I expect us to come out and win this game.. and no way we win it by 50.

There is no doubt that WCE also came in with a plan to 'limit' the damage.. they played hard, scrappy man to man football. Designed to turn the game into a slog.. which is exactly what it did.

Despite that.. we won each individual quarter and ended up walking away with a workmanlike half century victory. That is just awesome.

We sit inside the top 8 at the half way point of the season.. we are 6-5 and have a raft of players to come in to the team and a very soft draw on the run home. We should, collectively, be happy as pigs in s**t right now. I know I am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch Scott’s presser?

Admits the fact that previously Essendon have just “expected to win” against bottom of the ladder sides was a focus point this week.

Talked about how unacceptable that mentality is considering the lack of success on-field for 10 years. “We’re not in a position to take anyone lightly”. Also pointed out the results from today in other games highlights how close the competition is.

Very classy about Simpson too.

Anyone watch Scott’s presser?

Admits the fact that previously Essendon have just “expected to win” against bottom of the ladder sides was a focus point this week.

Talked about how unacceptable that mentality is considering the lack of success on-field for 10 years. “We’re not in a position to take anyone lightly”. Also pointed out the results from today in other games highlights how close the competition is.

Very classy about Simpson too.
Wow he is basically singling out Essington mentality and behaviour that’s pretty significant in my book.

Wow he is basically singling out Essington mentality and behaviour that’s pretty significant in my book.
Something we haven't seen from a coach for as long as I can remember. Quite an open and honest approach. I must say from the changes I've seen I'm quite impressed with Scott, given I wasn't overly sold initially he brings a lot to the table.

Something we haven't seen from a coach for as long as I can remember. Quite an open and honest approach. I must say from the changes I've seen I'm quite impressed with Scott, given I wasn't overly sold initially he brings a lot to the table.
I remember after the Clarkson s**t Ross Lyon was my 1st choice and he declined (thankfully). When Brad came to the table I really liked the idea because I really thought he was under resourced at Norf. Then I started thinking of his role at the AFL which really set him apart with the knowledge he must of gained from that position imo. The fact he actually wanted to coach us at the time just totally blew me away.

My young blokes wishes to take credit for every behind WCE kicked from a set shot by yelling either “Shank!”, “Chewy on ya boot!” Or a combination of both each time they were about to kick
It worked so you need to fly him over every week from now on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back