Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 8th June 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team Post #319 *Stocker injured, not dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Simpson and Thomas back (obviously).. however I think we need to go in with a smaller line up to generate more run from defence.

So. What about Wietering, Casboult , Marchbank, Simpson, Thomas and Newman as the back six.

Then we use Plowman as a big bodied midfielder.. he played mid as a junior and I think has the capability. Will have to re-tune his thinking but has the tools to grab a bit of ball..

Could be the only way to shake the team up.

FB. Newman Casboult Weitering
HB. Thomas Marchbank Simpson
R. Kreuzer Cripps Dow
C. Walsh Plowman SPS
HF. Setterfield McKay Fisher
FF. Silvagni Curnow Gibbons

Int. Kennedy, Curnow, Stocker, whoever I've missed

Be interesting what the new coach does. Say Murphy is back, do we all of a sudden see a centre square of Kruezer, Cripps, Murphy and Ed for the first time this year? Bolton deliberately left Murphy & Ed out of the centre to hasten the likes of Dow, Setters, Fish etc. Does the new coach say, * that, lets go for a win and put players where they are best suited for the now and not 2 or 3 years time?

Who gets dropped? be interesting

Be interesting what the new coach does. Say Murphy is back, do we all of a sudden see a centre square of Kruezer, Cripps, Murphy and Ed for the first time this year? Bolton deliberately left Murphy & Ed out of the centre to hasten the likes of Dow, Setters, Fish etc. Does the new coach say, **** that, lets go for a win and put players where they are best suited for the now and not 2 or 3 years time?

Who gets dropped? be interesting
Amazing that we have never had that experienced midfield mix at all given our decision to trade away this year’s first round pick, wins and ladder position should of been a priority.

Normal teams get dead cat bounce when they axe the coach. But I just don't trust our momma's boys players. Feeling a..... 14 goal to 1 first half coming on, with lots of heads down and emo facial expressions. God we suck.

Fight, you wusses!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normal teams get dead cat bounce when they axe the coach. But I just don't trust our momma's boys players. Feeling a..... 14 goal to 1 first half coming on, with lots of heads down and emo facial expressions. God we suck.

Fight, you wusses!

Think we'll get a bit of DCB but not nearly enough to actually win.

Very curious to see whether there is a change in selection tactics this weekend.

Hopefully we see a noticeable change in effort at least. Do what North did to Richmond last weekend.

Thomas coming back in would like to see him forward playing as a genuine small crumbing forward along with Fisher rather than the abominable way we used Fasolo .
SPS experiment was ok but please don't try and dodge and weave deep in defence first option please SPS .
More Cunners in the middle please .
Simmo and Jones would clearly help enormously .
Stocker mid/fwd his kicking could make a real difference forward of centre if we can get the ball in his hands more .
Please no young underdeveloped kids coming in for this game eg . Macreadie Obrien and if we can't respond for this game and the rest of the season after todays happenings with real intent then the culture of the place clearly stinks .

I see what you have done there and in general like it but you cant drop Casboult. I don't know what his role is with Jones back but you cant drop him when he has been in our best the last 3 weeks. Maybe don't bring Gov in (or maybe Jones still isn't ready)

Gibbons I don't really like but has been better the last 3 weeks when up the ground more. Plus I don't think murphy will be ready either.
He's been solid, and he'll get a one year contract because of it, but he's slowing us down by foot while doing the basics of his role. Jones does it better, and will be fit to play.

Who would you drop ahead of him, and where would he play with McGovern, Simspon and Jones returning?

Okay.. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Simpson and Thomas back (obviously).. however I think we need to go in with a smaller line up to generate more run from defence.

So. What about Wietering, Casboult , Marchbank, Simpson, Thomas and Newman as the back six.

Then we use Plowman as a big bodied midfielder.. he played mid as a junior and I think has the capability. Will have to re-tune his thinking but has the tools to grab a bit of ball..

Could be the only way to shake the team up.

FB. Newman Casboult Weitering
HB. Thomas Marchbank Simpson
R. Kreuzer Cripps Dow
C. Walsh Plowman SPS
HF. Setterfield McKay Fisher
FF. Silvagni Curnow Gibbons

Int. Kennedy, Curnow, Stocker, whoever I've missed
Plowman was touted as a potential big bodied mid prior to being drafted, but he usually played as an attacking half back who could hoof the football, as opposed to a true running half back with quality disposal.

Should never have been in the top 20, let alone pick 3, but there were a few like that in the 2012 draft thanks to the list profile at GWS and the intellectual clout of Melbourne. That being said, we paid about pick 35-40 for his services, so that's OK.

I'd focus much more on Kennedy and Gibbons in your team sheet.

Out : Bolton
In : Fraser
Wow... just wow

Thomas coming back in would like to see him forward playing as a genuine small crumbing forward along with Fisher rather than the abominable way we used Fasolo .
SPS experiment was ok but please don't try and dodge and weave deep in defence first option please SPS .
More Cunners in the middle please .
Simmo and Jones would clearly help enormously .
Stocker mid/fwd his kicking could make a real difference forward of centre if we can get the ball in his hands more .
Please no young underdeveloped kids coming in for this game eg . Macreadie Obrien and if we can't respond for this game and the rest of the season after todays happenings with real intent then the culture of the place clearly stinks .
Fisher needs to learn how to crumb. He needs to learn his forward craft or he will not survive in the 22.

He also probably needs a rest after playing smashball, followed by ring-around-the-rosey, for the last 10 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back