Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 8th June 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team Post #319 *Stocker injured, not dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
1559528626100.png V 1559528658662.png

Metalcrusher 's Preview

18th

LADDER POSITION

5TH

1​

WINS​

7​

10​

LOSSES​

4​

76.7​

%​

104.9​

705​

POINTS FOR​

982​

919​

POINTS AGAINST​

936​

LLLLL​

FORM​

WLWLW​

The Brisbane Lions are searching for consecutive victories

Can Carlton turn honourable losses into wins?

Who will get the four points?

Can Carlton avoid the wooden spoon?

Will Bolton survive?

Most focus for this game this week, will centre around the fate of Carlton’s coach Brendon Bolton. The media will no doubt be champing at the bit to lay the boots in even further after the disappointing loss to *.

Another hot topic for discussing will be the clubs Captain Patrick Cripps. Cripps was well beaten for the second time this season — as second gamer Dylan Clarke limited the 24-year-old to 11 disposals, nine of which were handballs.

To win Carlton will definitely need to filter out all outside noise a look deep within itself to overcome a Brisbane team that is travelling nicely.

In my opinion the team needs to go back to basics, and bring the form they showed against Collingwood or Hawthorn to be any chance in this match.

Solid rebound through the central corridor, winning the stoppage clearances and delivery into the forward 50 will be a key ingredient to get another 4 points.

Prediction: Brisbane 36 points.

Last edited:
Probably the worst possible team we could be playing this week.

When they get their tails up they absolutely torch the opposition with slick ball movement. Neale and Zorko to run riot, we will be lucky to get within 12 goals (I'm serious).

AND DON’T FORGET KENNEDY.
Did he even play today? How disappointing and to think we brought him to help Cripps when there was a bloke called Tim Kelly sitting under ours and everbody else’s nose. So the Gibbs trade netted us O’Brien, Kennedy and De Koning. Hmmm, TDK’s the only one I have high hopes for. O’brien needs time, plenty of it. The Lions will maul us

Probably the worst possible team we could be playing this week.

When they get their tails up they absolutely torch the opposition with slick ball movement. Neale and Zorko to run riot, we will be lucky to get within 12 goals (I'm serious).
yep and marvel stadium favours teams who move the ball fast (not us). it's our home ground on paper but the venue favours them 100%

and it is the team that our rebuild is mostly being compared to so an absolute belting at the hands of them would be a nightmare scenario.

and based on what we saw today, I can't see this going any other way.

In Murphy and Jones If fit, Thomas, Simpson, Kerr and McCreadie

Out Lang, Fasolo, Stocker, Casboult, Marchbank and Plowman

B Simpson Jones McCreadie
HB Thomas Weitering Newman
C Walsh Cripps Setterfield
HF Cunningham Kerr Gibbons
F SPS McKay Curnow
R Kreuzer Murphy Ed
Int Dow Fisher JSOS Kennedy

We should play long and direct to either McKay or Kerr leading from the goal square

F SPS McKay Curnow
R Kreuzer Murphy Ed

We should play long and direct to either McKay or Kerr leading from the goal square

Dropping Stocker would be a horrendous move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F SPS McKay Curnow
R Kreuzer Murphy Ed

Why Stocker ...

He stays in.

Brisbane by 20 goals.

Bolt’s last game in charge but leaves legacy of player’s defined by pressure. (Still don’t know wtf that actually means).

On the bright side the last time we ever have to listen to a Bolton post game presser - blah, blah, learning, blah, pressure acts, blah, (insert meaningless stat), blah.

See ya later. Don’t forget to take your gameplans with you, they are in that pile over there next to the shredder marked ‘shred this **** twice’.

12 disposals 1 tackle and 1 Mark. To me he looked tired.

Kreuzer was the only player who I thought played a good game. Everyone else was average or poor. Worst game I've seen us play in a long time.

I don’t think he should be dropped.

Also Levi has been good down back.

The old Brisbane/Carlton rebuild timeframes will be brought up all week.
That's salt into the wound. Just shoot me now.

Lions by 12 Goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back