Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 8th June 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team Post #319 *Stocker injured, not dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes. Quite an affable character and handled himself loosely but very well.
Nothing to lose for Teague given his appreciation of where he is and what he has to do. He has a dream run into bolstering his coaching credits here.

Not expecting anything revolutionary but allowing individuals to be individuals, may somehow just make things happen.

I'm still interested as to why O'Brien made this squad this week as it wasn't on the back of form.
From an outside perspective, it seems to me that maybe Teague 'believed' in him more than for Bolton and if so, it could be a real fillip for Lochie.
We all need just that little pat on the back every now and then to wash away the nerves and apprehension, we may have had beforehand.

Last paragraph a beaut ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Indeed. I mentioned that in an earlier post. I like the approach and its clearly why they went Teague not any of the other assistants.
It would be wrong to be trying to find skeletons in a dark cupboard though. Both coaching styles have merit however I think Boltons requires a lot more of the mature polished professionals onfield. I certainly didnt hear Teaugue taking swipes at Bolts as some have suggested. All he did was confirm individual ideas and throw in some of the excited kind of talk Bolton started out with three years ago and each season.
I have no doubt that in the end Bolts would have got there but the longevity of the task was always going to make it hard to keep his job.
Now its all of no matter. Teague is it. I love what he has to say. Behind that easy going manner is a shrewd brain I feel and a lot of ambition.

Go Blueboys. Stick it right up 'em.
No one is looking for skeletons just pointing out they had differing views that no doubt lead to robust discussions. Bolton rightly got his way while he was head coach, now Teague gets to see if he was right.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Again with assumptions, never said that either

Time to move on Macca
Ok, he never said he was going to have the forwards play deeper, which is logically and obviously different to what they have been.

Why, if Teague was able to get his way in the forward line wasn't the getting the forwards for o play deeper in the last month?

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
No one is looking for skeletons just pointing out they had differing views that no doubt lead to robust discussions. Bolton rightly got his way while he was head coach, now Teague gets to see if he was right.
Maybe, maybe not. I doubt its really like that and I recall several times in recent weeks Bolton bemoaning the fact there was no one forward of the ball. So from that I would say the players let both coaches down.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe, maybe not. I doubt its really like that and I recall several times in recent weeks Bolton bemoaning the fact there was no one forward of the ball. So from that I would say the players let both coaches down.
The query I have is if the forwards weren't following instructions why weren't they dropped in favour of Kerr?
Also if the forward line coach wasn't able to get the forwards to do what they are told why are we rewarding him with the senior role?

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton

TBF didn't Bolton tell us that everyone in the club was on the same page in regard to wins/losses in his last post match presser?

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
TBF didn't Bolton tell us that everyone in the club was on the same page in regard to wins/losses in his last post match presser?
The query I have is if the forwards weren't following instructions why weren't they dropped in favour of Kerr?
Also if the forward line coach wasn't able to get the forwards to do what they are told why are we rewarding him with the senior role?

Maybe just let it go I reckon chaps.
I arent looking backwards. Its pointless......
Tomorrow, bring it on. I'm excited.
I dont care wether we win as long as I see them cut loose and running.
It's still a rebuild. We have changed brands of cement thats all.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
And now you are making assumptions about my comments

Intel? Perhaps it is opinion/rumour, which after passing through a number of lips, it could be Chinese whispers

You can believe anything you want, as can I

No assumptions about your comments, just reading what you have said.

As for the intel, unless there is evidence to the contrary why assume what someone is saying is wrong? Especially, as you say, whatbthe say would be incredibly common and is supported by facts like Teague was chosen to replace Bolton, if the board wanted to go in a different direction a coach who wanted to go in a different direction is a logical choice, Teague wanting to change the way the area he was in charge of plays and Teague making pretty pointed statements about players being over coached.

But hey you have your opinion so why would anything anyone else have to say impact that.

Yes and when challenged what happens next..your reasoning has been shown to be false more than once

I find it quite amusing that "positive" posters can denigrate others, yet when it occurs in return nah your wrong..objectivity woosh
You say ‘positive’ like there’s something wrong with it :think::drunk:

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
No assumptions about your comments, just reading what you have said.

As for the intel, unless there is evidence to the contrary why assume what someone is saying is wrong? Especially, as you say, whatbthe say would be incredibly common and is supported by facts like Teague was chosen to replace Bolton, if the board wanted to go in a different direction a coach who wanted to go in a different direction is a logical choice, Teague wanting to change the way the area he was in charge of plays and Teague making pretty pointed statements about players being over coached.

But hey you have your opinion so why would anything anyone else have to say impact that.

Are you still going on?

BlueBayou

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
McKay and Polson both entered the club with long locks. Looked far more grown up and tougher the moment they went the short back and sides.

I reckon LOB will follow suit soon ;)

1559901942505.png

Imaging how good this bloke could have been with a crew cut.....

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes. Quite an affable character and handled himself loosely but very well.
Nothing to lose for Teague given his appreciation of where he is and what he has to do. He has a dream run into bolstering his coaching credits here.

Not expecting anything revolutionary but allowing individuals to be individuals, may somehow just make things happen.

I'm still interested as to why O'Brien made this squad this week as it wasn't on the back of form.
From an outside perspective, it seems to me that maybe Teague 'believed' in him more than for Bolton and if so, it could be a real fillip for Lochie.
We all need just that little pat on the back every now and then to wash away the nerves and apprehension, we may have had beforehand.

For god sake if they’re going to play O’Brien, play him to his strengths- running from arc to arc, and instruct his teammates to trust him and use him, the kid isn’t going to find his own ball, so give it to him in space and let’s see whether the wraps on his ball use translate to the big stage.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
[
For god sake if they’re going to play O’Brien, play him to his strengths- running from arc to arc, and instruct his teammates to trust him and use him, the kid isn’t going to find his own ball, so give it to him in space and let’s see whether the wraps on his ball use translate to the big stage.
Every time Kruez, Caz and Marchbank take a mark he needs to be running past for the handball receive to take the kick forward. Get the ball out of the hands of the bad users and into the hands of the good kicks. How hard can that be for a running machine like LOB.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
[

Every time Kruez, Caz and Marchbank take a mark he needs to be running past for the handball receive to take the kick forward. Get the ball out of the hands of the bad users and into the hands of the good kicks. How hard can that be for a running machine like LOB.

Hopefully he'll be able to do that now that he isn't tagging.

I wouldn't mind backing our on ballers in against theirs, tipping Cripps to have an enormous game after last week. I wouldn't mind seeing Ed bully McCluggage for the day, he's been a seriously damaging player on the outside for them this year.

Something intriguing about Teague's role compared other interim coaches is that there's no need to tank this year, we've already traded our pick away. Compare that to Ratten or Barker with what was at stake plus many from other clubs and if a new coach took over they were usually there to help get as low a draft pick as possible. Teague is one of the very few that will have licence to get the best out of the players.

Would be interesting to see what happens if the side clicks and manages to jag 4-5 wins from here...

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Last year?
My apologies, in his last year at Brisbane.

Rockliff sat on Cripps, bumping him off the line of the ball and impeding his access to theinside of a stoppage. A similar plan applied to Neale if someone can sit on Zorko would go some of the distance towards negating their offence and exposing their back six.

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
Teague alluded to our forward line being #1 in the comp for 1v1 contests won.

I read elsewhere previously that McKay was the #1 forward in the league at winning contests.

Getting it in quick to McKay/Curnow/McGovern would be a defenders nightmare...all good marks and all quite quick at ground level. Can all also kick goals from 50m and via set shot or ground level balls. No brainer to try and get it to them quickly. Kick to their advantage or at least 50/50 and they'll make things happen.
Not for mine although at times it will click but as we are now seeing never more evident than last game our small forward set up is impotent which leads the opposition to sag off those small forwards to either intercept mark or spoil .
Our talls are pretty much all we have as far as scoreboard pressure goes and the opposition knows it and plans accordingly .
They won't truly dominate games consistently or even spasmodically until we can sort the rest of the forward line out and also start to dominate the midfield battle which is still a ways off .

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Because Teague is going to try him in a new position which better suits his strengths which are running and his great left kick.
I still think you are a troll though.

If we only picked guys who were tearing it up in the VFL, we would be making bugger all changes each week except for injury.

I’m not sold on LOB at all, but surely he’s worth a try up forward instead of Fasolo.

I’d rather Polson than Fasolo, and he’s no good either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back