Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Fremantle Sat 15th Aug 8.10PM AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thing with dow is he was in our best 22. Played round 1 and was named for round 2 before being injured. I think teague wants him in the 22 and won't surprise if he is named this week

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Agree - despite missing lots of the preseason.
It would be great to see what he could do with a huge running preseason like Fish had last year.

With Sydney looking like winners tonight, they are even with us, Freo and Hawthorn on 16 points.
Sorry to state the obvious, but we are really in with a chance to finish bottom 3 if we don’t capitalise on the winnable games.
Such a negative Nancy.

Win on Saturday and we are one game out of the 8

I am aware that it is a tight bunch in our part of the ladder.
I am not saying we WILL finish bottom 3. But if we lose to teams around us it makes it difficult not to.

Of course, it could easily go that way, it could easily go the other, we will see how we go against the Dockers, I’m hopeful we will have a chance of making it,

It's a volatile season. We'd want to win at least one of the next two, that's for sure.

Need to win both of we are any chance to claim a spot in the 8

Playing GC out of QLD is a massive opportunity on a year like this

But we need to get over an in form Freo first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Sydney looking like winners tonight, they are even with us, Freo and Hawthorn on 16 points.
Sorry to state the obvious, but we are really in with a chance to finish bottom 3 if we don’t capitalise on the winnable games.
Second last is one the cards if we don’t take care of freo and GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weight height
Caleb 90 193
Jack Lever 85 194
Easton Wood 84 186
Ridley 91 192
Grimes 87 193
McGovern 96 190
Jonas 88 188
Moore 100 203

Think Caleb measures up alright. Just needs to build his body strength. May not be ready now but I think he is more than capable into transitioning into a KPD.

Most of the ones you list around Marchbanks size are used more as the floating third defender (Lever, Wood, Ridley, Grimes).

I also noticed him give away a 50 in the opening play of the game.

What? Martin is very reliable, apart From that miss vs North

Apart from this miss V North, the miss on 3/4 time against Port (that could have been the difference), the miss late in the game against Melbourne (that probably cost us the game ) and from memory he also missed one against the Bombers late that could have cost us the game, even against the Tigers he missed a very gettable set shot. Apart from the North goal (which was from 15m out) the rest of the shots have been 40-45m out on a slight angle.

For someone who kicks the ball so well I have very little faith in his set shot kicking.

Nah, not being negative - just pointing out the facts.
We have games against Freo and Sydney to come. Both in our bracket. They are basically 8 point games. Lose those and we’re looking at a bottom 3 finish.
Not saying it WILL happen.

The next two weeks really determine whether this season ends up considered a success or failure IMO.

Freo and Gold Coast are arguably teams in the same boat as us - coming to the end of a rebuilding period, with young talent. They both play off short breaks and have weaknesses we can exploit.

If we win both, we're suddenly back in top 8 contention, with matches against Adelaide, Sydney (expected wins) and GWS and Collingwood (fringe top 8 teams who are currently battling) plus Brisbane (another young team who we match up very well against). I would expect if we're in contention that we win a minimum 3 of those games and finish 9-8 for our first winning record in 9 years - and that we have a genuine crack at 10-7 and a finals spot.

Lose to Freo and Gold Coast and suddenly we're playing off with Sydney for a bottom 3 spot, with no real draft incentives to look ahead to (the draft will be a massive crapshoot anyway) and just playing out the string all season wondering if anything has improved.

Win one/Lose one - season is done in terms of finals, we probably avoid bottom 4, but also finish with real questions (finishing 14th with much more investment in older/mature players than previous years and with none of the young guys really making the 'leap' this year is a failed season imo).

So yeah - beat Freo this week, beat Gold Coast and we are looking at the rosiest Carlton outlook in a decade... just saying

The next two weeks really determine whether this season ends up considered a success or failure IMO.

Freo and Gold Coast are arguably teams in the same boat as us - coming to the end of a rebuilding period, with young talent. They both play off short breaks and have weaknesses we can exploit.

If we win both, we're suddenly back in top 8 contention, with matches against Adelaide, Sydney (expected wins) and GWS and Collingwood (fringe top 8 teams who are currently battling) plus Brisbane (another young team who we match up very well against). I would expect if we're in contention that we win a minimum 3 of those games and finish 9-8 for our first winning record in 9 years - and that we have a genuine crack at 10-7 and a finals spot.

Lose to Freo and Gold Coast and suddenly we're playing off with Sydney for a bottom 3 spot, with no real draft incentives to look ahead to (the draft will be a massive crapshoot anyway) and just playing out the string all season wondering if anything has improved.

Win one/Lose one - season is done in terms of finals, we probably avoid bottom 4, but also finish with real questions (finishing 14th with much more investment in older/mature players than previous years and with none of the young guys really making the 'leap' this year is a failed season imo).

So yeah - beat Freo this week, beat Gold Coast and we are looking at the rosiest Carlton outlook in a decade... just saying

Not really, with of percentage we will need 10 wins to make it so we will need to go 6 from 7 from here, big ask for a side that is 10-11 under Teague.

Honestly I can't shake a bad feeling about this week, we don't have a great record against Freo, they have been playing better than their record suggests and after a big effort for no reward last week I worry the boys will come out a bit flat.

With regards to finals, I really feel we should apply the cliche, "One week at a time"

We really need to just focus on who we are coming up against and really become the hunters on the field, quell their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. Our pressure last week was A1 but is difficult to sustain for 4 qtrs. We need to be able to apply pressure and attack while hitting forward targets as we did against Geelong for 3/4s. This needs to be a given every week until we create consistency. Every game should be there for the taking.

Finals will be a reward for effort, if we don't make it, we want to finish as bloody close as we can so that if we are chasing an A grade prospect, he can look at our results and think we are there about. If we bomb out, the player will look at where he feels he can have success.

With regards to finals, I really feel we should apply the cliche, "One week at a time"

We really need to just focus on who we are coming up against and really become the hunters on the field, quell their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. Our pressure last week was A1 but is difficult to sustain for 4 qtrs. We need to be able to apply pressure and attack while hitting forward targets as we did against Geelong for 3/4s. This needs to be a given every week until we create consistency. Every game should be there for the taking.

Finals will be a reward for effort, if we don't make it, we want to finish as bloody close as we can so that if we are chasing an A grade prospect, he can look at our results and think we are there about. If we bomb out, the player will look at where he feels he can have success.

Finals would be a nice bonus, but need to temper expectations guys wowee.

Miss out on finals this year meh, miss out on finals next year, then its time to get the pitchforks and angry mob and march up the hill to the windmill. ;)

Not really, with of percentage we will need 10 wins to make it so we will need to go 6 from 7 from here, big ask for a side that is 10-11 under Teague.

Honestly I can't shake a bad feeling about this week, we don't have a great record against Freo, they have been playing better than their record suggests and after a big effort for no reward last week I worry the boys will come out a bit flat.

As I said - beat Gold Coast and Freo (6-6) then we play:

- Adelaide and Sydney (both should be wins)
- Collingwood and GWS (beatable on current form, but who knows in a month)
- Brisbane (great form, but we have a good track record against them)
Are 4 wins, or 3 wins + some big percentage boosts, possibly from that group? Definitely, but also we have to get there first!

As I said - beat Gold Coast and Freo (6-6) then we play:

- Adelaide and Sydney (both should be wins)
- Collingwood and GWS (beatable on current form, but who knows in a month)
- Brisbane (great form, but we have a good track record against them)
Are 4 wins, or 3 wins + some big percentage boosts, possibly from that group? Definitely, but also we have to get there first!

Good track record against the Lions? Since 2015 it is 5-2 in favour of the Lions, the last time we won at the Gabba was 2013 (despite playing there 5 times since).

Collingwood and GWS are beatable but the Hawks have won once in their last 6 games.

Mathematically it is possible and it isn't the hardest run home in the league but I would be saying we would be a 20% chance even if we win the next 2.

Good chance this week third game in a row here in Perth so the boys will be used to the conditions...rain forecast but don't believe it after last weeks prediction...Go Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back