Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting myself up for a big fail here but I don't think Murph will come in this week.

Teague said everyone has a clean slate with him and I can't find anyone who let him down. No change.

Hey the new coach might have an even bigger influence on Murph than some others. Still got it the ex-skip.
I remember the JLT and I was very excited to see him get his "twinkle toes " back , running around
like a young colt after his shocking 2018 (mainly injuries). He seemed to lose that as season went on though. (more injuries?)
I reckon that foot is never gonna be 100% again and the weeks off will have it as good as it gets and he will fly fresh.
Yep IMO, if right, Murph straight in. And straight in the guts with Crippa.

Go little champ, have a big one and enjoy. You deserve it.

Last edited:
Having the bye next week makes it a bit tricky. Is it a good thing for Murphy to have another two weeks off, or is that too much given what he's already missed. Or is it a good move to bring him back now knowing he'll have a fortnight to recover before the next game. Does him playing VFL attract the wrong kind of attention? And who do you drop from a side that soundly beat the team sitting 5th on the ladder?

Think a few people may be underestimating how good Murphy still is when he is up and about. Last week i really think he would have fitted right in and played a very good game, especially with the option of a bit more outside run.

As great a game as some of the kids played, they are still not at Murph's level. Not a slight on the kids, just the bar is a lot higher for a pass for someone like Murphy as opposed to a 15 possession game from a kid.

People are expecting a lot from Murph.
He was pretty tentative as it was, I fear now after the Mummy incident he may be so outside that he may be calling for it from the players race.

Hopefully a new coach can invigorate him, I lost hope a while ago though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

most of the descriptions of murph have been well intentioned but truthful lately - he's no longer the player he was we know that - as someone said previously we are still a better team with a fully fit murph involved...........that will soon not be the case I'm hoping as our fledglings take flight..........

Was certainly in his element and more involved.

I particularly loved the leadership he brought into the midfield, heck, he even scuffed Cripps to encourage him before a set shot.

Spot on. Genuinely looked like Ed was out to prove a point. Was combative and very protective of his teammates. Whilst he is not the type to say he was pissed with his new role it looked to me he was certainly making a statement.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think a few people may be underestimating how good Murphy still is when he is up and about. Last week i really think he would have fitted right in and played a very good game, especially with the option of a bit more outside run.

As great a game as some of the kids played, they are still not at Murph's level. Not a slight on the kids, just the bar is a lot higher for a pass for someone like Murphy as opposed to a 15 possession game from a kid.

Like LOB and Setterfield.

A fit Murphy no doubt provides more than those 2 at this stage.

Spot on. Genuinely looked like Ed was out to prove a point. Was combative and very protective of his teammates. Whilst he is not the type to say he was pissed with his new role it looked to me he was certainly making a statement.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gun taggers who can nullify an opponent but still wrack up disposals and clearances are seriously rare and valuable.
Add his leadership and the fact he's a big body in the middle...

It was a shame to see him wasted by not playing that position.

Although even Teague didn't have him on Neale until the end of the second quarter. I do understand that in the position we're in, we do want some of our kids to get game time in the middle together to develop and learn off the best mids.

But Teague made the right decision to make the change when Neale was too destructive. Bolton would have just kept the kids in there and we'd lose the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murph for Setters is the only change I think.

I mean, is Murph still an automatic inclusion?

Given age demographics and need for senior bodies I think he still might have a few more twinkles in his toes to come.

Playing forward with stints on the wing.

Setters is apart of the future no doubt but I’d prefer LOB in playing with more freedom and LOB can ice a goal.

Some of his passes by foot v the Brions were elite af

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back