Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

****, I've got nobody to drop for Murphy or Jones.
Gibbons was enormous yesterday, likewise Levi.

Some tough discussions this week.
If Murphy is ready somebody will be 'managed'. You would think it would be Levi out for Jones, but as you rightly say Levi was good today & would be quite unlucky to miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy in for O’Brien. If O’Brien is ok then bring Murph in for Dow.

I doubt Jones will play, but i’d bring him in for Plowman rather than Casboult

Dow had a quiet game but did you see him win the centre bounce clearances in the second half

Charged through like a wounded bull.

Stoppages are his go....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Considering the game we just had and the fact we have the bye the week after, I'd go only forced changes.

Jones and Murphy are instant ins under normal circumstances but if give them the extra week then let them play 2's during the bye, or have that week as well.then I'd look at bringing them back.

Yesterday the way the players believed in each other and with that extra confidence I'd give them a run again.

We've already beaten the Bulldogs so they will be after us this time. Teague needs to not take the foot off the gas, we are in danger of not being mentally alert for the start this week again.

If O'Brien's out then he is the only change for mine but Casbolt for Jones is a straight swap after the bye.

Only player that could be considered an automatic inclusion may be Murphy.

Even if Jones or Stocker come up, they may not be played in the senior team but eased back through the NB's

Regardless of how good a game anyone in the NB's may have today, it's doubtful they'd be used.... i.e. Not many changes.

O
If Murphy is ready somebody will be 'managed'. You would think it would be Levi out for Jones, but as you rightly say Levi was good today & would be quite unlucky to miss out.

On form, it’s Marchbank out for Jones when the time comes. Jones probably needs a week or two is the reserves to get confidence back after that hit though

Murphy in for Dow if he is good to go. Dow needs to go and get 30 touches on the reserves imo. In a win, 13 disposals and 1 tackle isn’t enough from a bloke who has big deficiencies in his game.

Hard to drop Levi given he’s been a shining light in the four weeks that we’ve been poo. He’s gone from the AFL scrap-heap to a dependable back. The Tiggers would kill for a Levi right now.

Murphy probably comes back for LOB which would be a hard call given how good LOB was.

Stocker goes back to the NBs and Liam gets a rest until after he bye where we reassess.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How weird is it that a few days ago we were struggling to justify inclusions, and now we find ourselves struggling to justify exclusions?

Anyway, given the length of and the reason behind Jones’s absence, I’d probably be looking to hold him back from the firsts until after the bye. Outside of an injury to LOB then, in which case I’d bring in Murph, I’m struggling to justify any other changes. And if LOB gets up, I’d actually be tempted to go in against the Doggies unchanged. I know that Murph is a respected senior statesmen with years and years of high quality service behind him, but imo “behind” is the operative word - that is, his 2019 form has concerned me, and I don’t think that he should just waltz straight back into the side at the expense of players who performed well against the Lions, and/or whose development and continuity is key to our medium to long term future.

In truth, in the weeks and months ahead, I’m going to watch with keen interest how Teaguey manages what I consider to be a number of tricky players and situations from a coach’s point of view. I’ve already mentioned Murph, but I’d add Gov to that list, as I imagine that Teaguey will be trying to work out ways of transforming his cameos into constants because, as good as Gov is, imo he has the potential to be so much better and more impactful. Then there are fringe players like Polson, Garlett, Kennedy, Kerr, Goddard, and even the Scarlet Pimpernel (aka LeBois - “they seek him here, they seek him there ...”). Of course, if Teaguey only sees himself as an interim coach, then he need not worry too much about those fringe players, as he could essentially leave them to the next permanent coach. However, presuming that he’s aspiring to the gig fulltime, then how he manages these sorts of players over the remainder of the season will be really interesting imo.

Anyway, I’ve wandered badly off topic, but all I’m really hoping for next week is more of the same from yesterday, but ratcheted up a notch on the basis of the confidence we will have gained from the fantastic performance and result against the Lions. In short, attack the contest, assert pressure, back ourselves and one another, and continue to take the game on by hand and foot. Simples!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back