Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB: Newman, Weitering, Marchbank
HB: Thomas, Casboult, Simpson
R: Kreuzer, Cripps, Curnow
C: Walsh, Dow, SPS
HF: Fisher, Curnow, Cuningham
FF: McGovern, McKay, Silvagni
Int: Gibbons, Setterfield, Plowman, Murphy/O'Brien

Bolded are locks after the game next week.

Only question is if you need all three of Newman, Marchbank and Plowman against the Dogs and Murphy v O'Brien the only other query, which in itself is pretty tough given O'Brien was solid last week.

Murph's final quarter against Port Adelaide the fortnight prior was Old Yeller time. Here's hoping he can make an impact in 2019 as a small forward and retire with dignity intact.

he was knocked out in the first quarter

I’m interested to see how the Bulldogs approach this game.

Last time around they went head to head with us Cripps and SPS did the bulk of the damage, wonder if they’ll take a more defensive mindset or if that’s the only way they know.

Likewise with Teague does Ed get a job in the middle from the get go or if he takes a wait and see approach again
Will be different this time is Walsh plays in the middle his even more damaging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't rate the Dogs, They are small in terms of height and size and if teams can't exploit us physically then we are a tough side to beat and this is what happened last time. They have some really talented players but so do we. Probably a rare game we can get on top of our opponents physically an really look to exploit them for a lack of height.

I think Murphy is a lock to play for mine, he's still a 23 possession per game mid and we have guys in the side Like Dow and O'Brien who are a fair way off that at this stage. It's ok to do a few nice things per game and be a young player and all that but if we are picking our best team then Murphy plays ahead of both these guys.

For what it's worth I think Dow could do with a spell in the reserves. IMO it would be good for his game to play at a lower level for a bit where he is in a team that doesn't go to Cripps all the time and he can hunt the ball and have a few weeks of having some really good numbers. He's got a kicking problem and one of the best ways to overcome this is to get a lot of kicks in a match situation and this is how he will improve. It's been good we have persisted with him but as an inside mid averaging 17 and coming off a 12 possession game, it would be good to see him go to the VFL and get 30 odd and get used to hunting the footy and racking up possessions a bit. Dow's going alright for a second year player, just would not hurt to have a run and a chance to have a really big game or two in the reserves.

Would like to think we gave Bolts plenty of feedback and multiple opportunities to make the necessary changes before pulling the trigger.

Still don’t understand the inability of the club to find a suitable replacement for Neil Craig.
Would Bolts have any say ya reckon??
Maybe he didn't want one..
It's a shame really ,He might of done better with a mentor or an experienced assistant..

FB: Newman, Weitering, Marchbank
HB: Thomas, Casboult, Simpson
R: Kreuzer, Cripps, Curnow
C: Walsh, Dow, SPS
HF: Fisher, Curnow, Cuningham
FF: McGovern, McKay, Silvagni
Int: Gibbons, Setterfield, Plowman, Murphy/O'Brien

Bolded are locks after the game next week.

Only question is if you need all three of Newman, Marchbank and Plowman against the Dogs and Murphy v O'Brien the only other query, which in itself is pretty tough given O'Brien was solid last week.
Marchbank is a lock all day every day and twice on Sundays. Has been solid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

This week or after the bye Murphy Jones Lang DeLuca will be available. Stocker & Williamson soon after. Lot to look forward to in the second half of the year

Doc the only one long term.
Do think Jones will be back after the bye Soapy
I’m not so sure

To suggest that your original post was not framed as a request for more information is a descent into verbal gymnastics, so I think it's time to stop derailing the thread.

Based on the anecdote that my sister relayed to me, I doubt we'll see Liam before the bye, and I'm glad to see that the club has taken a very cautious approach with him thus far.
I often post things so they can be taken the wrong way, it is part of my charm, this wasn’t one of those times.

Also happy the club is being more cautious with returning players from injuries, we have been far too happy to rush them back only to lose them for longer when they re-injure the same area.

Coach made a special mention of Plowman’s game after last weeks . We need to accept that he is part of our best 22 and back 6.
He just about always has been people dont see the off the ball stuff he does he's literally out only above average rated defender right now
Finally some love for Plowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back